Alan Didak

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Willy53, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Willy53

Willy53 New Member

Is it time to get didak into SC side and if yes what position

2. JaroFath

JaroFath New Member

Hey Willy, I've had Didak all year and he's been absolute rubbish. I know his price is good, but for mine, it's a risk until he starts showing some form. You don't want him taking up a premium spot while churning out 65s. That's my two cents anyway.

3. DC

DC Member

90% sure there is already a thread in here discussing him

4. scrawf29

scrawf29 New Member

Thinking very much along the same lines Willy. I'll be getting him in for M7/F8 for now, with the hope that he will come good in the latter part of the season and give me some selection headaches/good emergency coverage. Certainly glad I haven't had him since the start though :)

5. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Last 4 SC scores: 86,33,44,66
    Season Average: 65.9
    Last 3 round Avg: 54.3
    Break Even: 80
    Number of times he's hit the ton: 0

Unless you're a big fan of gambling, I still can't see a convincing argument to spend a trade to bring him in. If it's for bench coverage, i think there are better options with cash-making potential. If it's to fill a permanent spot on the field, I think you're settling for a under-performing sub-par player.

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Couple reasons id contemplate him this week:

1. He always seems to rip out a big game each time he plays the Saints!!
    2. Swan is injured and missing next week so more midfield time is big possibility.
    3. Cost $20K to trade him into him from Tapscott

But thats about it....

7. scrawf29

scrawf29 New Member

Hmmm, Golingo makes a very good argument. I hadn't actually analysed the numbers to that extent. Break even is actually 73, but I don't think that changes much. I am a gambling man however....

8. MainMan86

MainMan86 New Member

Who would you rather as your F8 with the potential to become your F7/F6, a player who is dual position, averaged 100 last year, has been a gun for years playing in a gun team or a first year player playing in a crap team and are currently injured?

Tapscott/Matera or Didak?

At worst Didak is going to provide you with better cover than a Tapscott or Matera and can be used as a midfield option, the other 2 can't.

At best he goes bang and averages 100 for the rest of the year and becomes a permanent part of your forward line.

For the sake of 20k it is the logical move for me this week, you cant lose!! If you wait until the bye and for his price to rise another 40k then he becomes a risk.

9. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from MainMan86 on June 3, 2011, 12:37For the sake of 20k it is the logical move for me this week, you cant lose!! If you wait until the bye and for his price to rise another 40k then he becomes a risk.</blockquote>

What do you mean rise another 40k? His prise hasn't risen once this year, and even if he scores his average this week it will still slide down a couple more &#36;k before a slight increase is projected for Round 12.

I had both Tapscott and Matera, and it wasn't the logical move for me. I downgraded one to Mzungu, and upgraded the other to a premium. A sidewards move from one of those two to Didak seems to bring a slim chance of reward at the cost of a trade and not cashing in on a designated cash cow.

I'll reassess if he comes out with another 85+ score this week.

10. whips

whips New Member

I think it was Lucas who mentioned in another thread:
    (Paraphrased) don't get him now despite a better effort last week.
    If he churns out a coupla 100's in an obvious return to form you might risk him then.
    He'll be &#36;50K more than he is now but &#36;130K less than other premiums.
    So wait for the return to form and think of the savings, not the cost of waiting.

11. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Sound advice.

Even though I haven't been paying too much attention to him this year, I still recall he started as a Sub only a few weeks back.

12. scrawf29

scrawf29 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from whips on June 3, 2011, 14:08
    I think it was Lucas who mentioned in another thread:
    (Paraphrased) don't get him now despite a better effort last week.
    If he churns out a coupla 100's in an obvious return to form you might risk him then.
    He'll be &#36;50K more than he is now but &#36;130K less than other premiums.
    So wait for the return to form and think of the savings, not the cost of waiting.</blockquote>

That was my latest thinking too, even if he puts in two blinders now, he'll still only be 320-330k, ie. cheap.

Having said that I still don't think I'll pick him up, my latest plan is convoluted & involves switching Bob Murphy forward to be F7 by years end (take out his two perth games and he's averaging 103)

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Don't even think about getting him until after collingwood's bye.

14. torcida

torcida Member

nah - mick says no room for cheats in the game - guess now hes gunna drop dids for actin ;)

15. torcida

torcida Member

before black and white army jumps on me ,
    not havin a digg at coll every club is got a few and every player does it every now and then.
    dids and s.j in the lead for me

16. DC

DC Member

Anyone jumping on with him looking to spend more time in the midfield with the big injury to Beams?

17. bfish

bfish New Member

Straight swap for Krak with change.

18. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from bfish on June 8, 2011, 08:42
    Straight swap for Krak with change.</blockquote>

Yep. Who would of thought that at the start of the year...

Has a decent record against Melb as well (Avg 108)

If he scores 100 this week he goes up 27k..

19. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

for only 27k I'll watch on.... but I reckon he has got to be in the guts this week with Swan and Beams out

20. Golingo

Golingo New Member

No Swan, Beams or Thomas this week.

Didak will never get another chance like this week to prove his mettle and show a glimmer of hope for Super Coachers chasing his points potential.

There is still no room in my team for him though.