Round 12 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh New Member

What are peoples thoughts on Priddis (any mid really) or Ablett? The extra money i would save on priddis would help me get a better forward and back next week. Ablett's ability to score big is almost too good to not at least look at..

2. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

I might be on old hat here but sat down and spent the afternoon at work being productive...and thought about my trading strategy...I may be crazy but I am seriously considering now down grading sandi to Bailey...nets me 400k and with the two hundy in the bank already it means I can go bang bang bang with my last three premiums..I never thought I'd suggest this as it seems a spud move to trade the giant but with smiths form 90-110 I reason I'm loosing 30-40 points having smith over sandi on the park.
    But with that extra 400 I turn darling into pav. Lynch (gc) into ciril or Stevie J and heppell to shaw. Saves me having to down/upgrades to finish my list and reckon I'll make that 30-40 points back easily with pav, Stevie and shaw (all before sandi would return anyway) Gives me 21 premiums + smith and 7 trades spare.. Thoughts?

3. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

Have you allowed for the players you will have to trade out for finals?

4. Golingo

Golingo New Member

@ 22nd_best_-on_Field

League or Overall?

If you did stick with Sandilands, but still worked towards the same goal of upgrading your last 3 premiums, would it take you much longer or cost you any/many more trades?

5. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

I wouldnt trade him, especially if they decide to rest Smith, I cant see him playing from round 10 to 24 straight

6. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

League only 7000 (overall)
    If I don't trade him will have heppell and mzungu/lynch in D7and F7 respectively for the next month.
    I had considered that a young smith may get rested but with Bailey as cover might be ok?

7. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

Need some ideas guys. Currently sitting #771 and would like to finish top 500 but also win leagues.

I was thinking maybe downgrade L Thomo to a rookie and then go Lower to Fisher. Or should i upgrade Darling to a FWD prem?

Backs: Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Suckling, Lower (Puopolo, Stanley, L Thompson)

Mids: Pendles, Priddis, Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Pavlich
    (Harris, Hibberd, Polec)

Rucks: Cox, Smith (Sandi,Curnow)

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, N Riewoldt, Rioli, Fyfe, Goodes, Darling (Mzungu, Lynch, Richardson)

Cheers

8. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Ok guys trades for this week look like Matera -> Howe (liked the look of him Friday night and dont have any Melbourne players) OR I Smith, plus Harris -> O'Keefe.

This will leave the door open for Ablett in next week to complete forwards and mids...have Cox/Sandi.

Got reasonable coverage on the pine with Buddy sitting there and Alex Johnson going well so either downgrades hopefully not really needed.

Not convinced on ROK (has burnt me before) but Chappy appears a risk and has the SC Finals issue to worry about. Fyfe also is a worry with injury and i already have Pav, Mz, Sandi and Lower spread across the board.

Anyone else bringing in ROK instead of Chappy or Fyfe?

9. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@Ryhmesayers - solid squad really...how many trades and cash? Thinking Darling may go ok v Adelaide so worth another punt for a week considering Buddy is out and Chappy just coming back hopefully.

Best forward is SJ at the minute but that will leave you with plenty of Cats during SC finals...

Fisher in for mine is the most constructive option if trades allow but not sold on Lower out...maybe Heppell instead due to finals bye and high BE this week? Im also pondering which of the two to upgrade in future weeks...

10. Ozguyon

Ozguyon New Member

Who would you pick as M6?

Hodge, Mitchell or priddis.

Have Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Thompson.
    Bench: Krak, Buckley, Mzungu.

11. nightwalker_1310au

nightwalker_1310au New Member

Yeah hi guys fairly new to this was thinking if anyone knows of any good downgrades this week in the back line and Midfield already have L.Thompson, Nick Duigan, Paul Poopulla and Michael Hibberd In the back line and already have Mzunga, Libbatore, Harris in the midfield was thinking of downgrading Libba but dont know who too and also thinking of getting rid of L.Thompson but dont know who too so i can free up some money for double upgrade in round 15 to complete my backline. Thank you.

12. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@22nd
    I'm also looking at giving Sandi the flick, although I keep worrying that it could come back to hurt me. It would be nice to have an extra 400k to upgrade with, but can Cox, Smith, and Bailey (or someone else) keep the rucks going? I actually have Crawford for R15 (eagles bye), so looking at going against Sandi, Petrie, Smith, Derickx... Might be worth it!

I'm definitely with you that the ppg diff between sandi and smith can be covered by three new upgrades across the ground, but will smith see out the year?

Thanks to Swan being out, and with Sylvia and Franklin (he's no-longer my buddy) both uncertain, some extra premiums might be the way to go!

13. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Ozguyon on June 7, 2011, 00:15
    Who would you pick as M6?

Hodge, Mitchell or priddis.

Have Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Thompson.
    Bench: Krak, Buckley, Mzungu.</blockquote>Definitely Priddis.

14. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

@Swerva
    Cheers mate, i had totally overlooked Heppell and that could almost be a straight swap for Fisher.

Darling survives this week as ill need cover for Buddy & possibly Chappy.

15. Kel

Kel Moderator

Ryhmesayer - Heppel BE is 59, average 90. Lower BE 89 average 83. Considering similar upgrades and really not sure at this stage. Will probably wait on Fisher until after St Kilda bye although if he keeps up his scoring will cost more at that point.

16. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

trying to talk myself out of trading Sandi, so what does everyone think of this one:

OUT: Zaharakis, Harris (both with poor BE's)
    IN: Pendles, Callinan (points and maintain MPP)

Is it worth bringing in Pendles just before his bye? (has a low BE, so sure to go up) Or should I be waiting two weeks?

A lot may depend on Sylvia and Franklin, not sure I have to cover for both!

17. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Guys, need some advice on backline upgrade. Only playing for League win and I'm playing the top dog in our league this week.

Lower - Fisher
    Lower - Enright

Enright is cheaper but has a bye in finals
    Fisher has a better run in finals but more expensive.

Thoughts, please.

18. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

JPK, whatever you do with your trades, Pendles WILL score you points and in my opinion should be in your team.

19. torcida

torcida Member

<blockquote>Quote from Ryhmesayers on June 6, 2011, 22:31
    Need some ideas guys. Currently sitting #771 and would like to finish top 500 but also win leagues.

I was thinking maybe downgrade L Thomo to a rookie and then go Lower to Fisher. Or should i upgrade Darling to a FWD prem?

Backs: Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Suckling, Lower (Puopolo, Stanley, L Thompson)

Mids: Pendles, Priddis, Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Pavlich
    (Harris, Hibberd, Polec)

Rucks: Cox, Smith (Sandi,Curnow)

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, N Riewoldt, Rioli, Fyfe, Goodes, Darling (Mzungu, Lynch, Richardson)

Cheers</blockquote> move pav fwd and bench mzungu in the mids . then upgrade harris 2 a premium mid and mids & fwds are set

20. skiddy

skiddy New Member

hi guys this is my first post and would appreciate your thoughts. I am currently ranked 156th in supercoach with just 7 trades remaining.Only have darling to upgrade in foward line with good bench cover on all lines.I know i should hang onto my trades but since i'm chasing the overall prize was thinking downgrading ILES (GC) then trading out swan for murphy. Carlton have a good draw whilst swan won't score decent points for maybe a month. Is this worth the risk for overall glory?