Round 12 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Peterj

Peterj New Member

@ skiddy, I think you should hold tight. 7 isnt many. I am in roughly the same spot and have 13 left.

2. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from skiddy on June 7, 2011, 11:09
    hi guys this is my first post and would appreciate your thoughts. I am currently ranked 156th in supercoach with just 7 trades remaining.Only have darling to upgrade in foward line with good bench cover on all lines.I know i should hang onto my trades but since i'm chasing the overall prize was thinking downgrading ILES (GC) then trading out swan for murphy. Carlton have a good draw whilst swan won't score decent points for maybe a month. Is this worth the risk for overall glory?</blockquote>

I would go for it. From memory the guy who won SC overall last year didnt have any trades for the last 3/4 rounds. He burnt them all getting in a solid team and then rode out the quality of his players.

Having said that, he didn't have the bye to contend with...

3. Peterj

Peterj New Member

Any advice on the following. After trading out sandi last week for cash, I have 921,400 (incl cash of matera and lower) in the kitty, with both Lower and Matera getting the chop this week.

My backs are:

Goddard Deledio Gibbs Broughton Shaw Lower Heppel
    Puopolo Toy Coad

My Forwards are:

Franklin Chapman Pavlich Goodes Reiwoldt Petrie Darling
    Tapscott Matera Richardson

Potentials
    Forwards: Stevie J, Rioli, J Brown, Fyfe, Okeefe
    Backs: Scotland, Fisher, Newman, Malceski

Any advise, Looking at Scotland and Rioli currently.

4. Vtech

Vtech New Member

Advice needed. Last Def upgrade Fisher or Broughton? in DT

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@Peterj - depending on how many trades you've got left, and if you're looking for over-all or leagues, I'd consider bringing in Newman and SJ.

6. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Looking at final up/down til finals/injuries. burnt through heaps of trades to get side done.
    Wont say how many but I've got less than most people above. Currently 3500
    Aim Top 1000 at any cost..... Not Leagues....

looking at what would be better over next 6 weeks.
    Leaving Heppel(Hibbard)/Suckling as D6/D7 and downgrade Stanley
    or leave Yarran/Higgins F6/F7 and downgrade Darling.

Downgrade targets are Howe/Strauss(Melb), Simpkin(STk)
    Upgrade targets would be Scotland, Shaw, Fisher, Hurn???, Pav(maybe too many Freo), StevieJ, Rough-head, Rioli

Upgrade in Def would give me SuperSubs of Hibbard/Heppell
    Upgrade Fwds would let me do the same with Higgins/Mzungu.

either option give me plenty of cover for backend of season with cash generated though 2nd batch of rookies. Just gotta get players on park.

7. Peterj

Peterj New Member

@JPK

Going for overall, in 150th spot with 13 trades remaining. All mids upgraded and just need to trade smith to sandi when he is back.

8. torcida

torcida Member

peter consider roughy over rioli - pod . look at his scores since he started havin a go in the ruck

9. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@Peterj - in that case I'd look at Rioli and Newman. Either way you go (aside from port with two and GC with none) everyone has 1 bye to come, so you'll miss points there, but that won't matter coz everyones in the same boat.

In my opinion Rioli has a better run than SJ (fwds), while Newman has a better run than Scotland (backs). Thats just me, and maybe others think differently...

10. skiddy

skiddy New Member

thanks for the advice just think murphy will score big over the next month with nothing from swan could easily ad over 200 points to my overall score and keep me in the running. If i use a bench player will fall of the pace. Still open to thoughts. Was also thinking of swaping suckling to enright and darling to didak who should see more midfield time and hopefully impact on the scoreboard,this would also leave only 5 trades but no more upgrades to do, what do you guys think

11. obleex

obleex New Member

Vickery > Gawn
    Duigan > Fisher

12. mooneh

mooneh New Member

im over waiting for montagnia to come good so its time for him to go.
    montagnia > abblett
    harris > priddis

13. patash

patash New Member

any thought of when to get rid of lower? i have 11 trades left and can do an upgrade thinking of lower to newman, is having only 10 trades at this time of year cutting it 2 thin, going for league wins, although just under 5,000 overall i doubt i can catch the leaders..

14. Quantum

Quantum New Member

@patash i hope 10 isnt cutting it thin, as i have 10 remaining and am in the same boat as you, going for league win

15. Corks

Corks Member

As long as your side is close to final, 9-11 trades should be OK. I have 2 spots left for upgrade after this week (Lower and Darling), and 9 trades, and happy this is OK.

16. patash

patash New Member

team is lids,broughton,grundy,hurn,heppell,lower,goddard(puopolo,toy,thompson,) ablett,hodge,priddis,boyd,selwood,foley(conca,mzungu,hibberd/ cox,smith(sandi,derekx) franklin,pav,rok,goodes,s.johnson,jroo,nroo(mckernan,lynch,matera) on top of my leagues so dont really need the wins but wouldnt mind getting in newman for lower as the price is right.

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

atash 10 is definitely alright, i have 10 myself, 3 upgrades will be doen in rounds 14(2)and 15 (1), Darling, Krakouer and Lower are going out in those times, virtuallt straight swaps if they continue to move up, hopefully Darling lowers his BE this week with a 120+ score
    @mooneh, dont trade Joeyy, i know i'a Saint supporter too but he hasn't been that bad, maybe if you watched the game you would realise that he battled out the game after fears of doing his knee when it popped backwards when Armitage full straight onto it...his scores have been good
    100+
    R2: 100
    R5: 119
    R7: 107
    R9: 151
    R10: 101

80-99
    R1: 99
    R3: 89
    R6: 80

Got 65 this week when he was injured, no scores under 80 this year other than his injury game. Keep

18. tarn

tarn New Member

Thanks Sainter - I too have Joey and have stuck with him from the outset but am also thinking it's this week to trade him out or never with the next Saints bye coming up. I also have Swan so will be left short of points this week... decisions decisions. I have 12 trades left with 4 spots still to fill so perhaps I should leave as is?

19. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Well, depends if Montagna plays this week (i am 99&#37; sure unles slate out) and how your mids look already, and how your mids look atm, you also still have 4 spots to fill, its your choice if ou want to trade him, i'm just saying that I wouldn't, and won't....leave for now and finish your 4 upgrades, then see how Joey's form has gone from there, if he still hasn't pleased you, then, heck yeah trade him...

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

woops, said how your mids look now x2