defender or forward

Discussion in 'AFL' started by mo_cheeks, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Hi all, got a couple of options this week but need some advice.

My def: gibbs, goddard, shaw, fisher, lids, heppel, lower, (markovic, pedersen, Jacobs)

For: goodes, n roo, Harvey, fyfe, Franklin, krak, darling, (tapscott, matera, mzungu)

Not sure where to upgrade. Forward targets are Pav, okeefe. Def targets are Newman or adcock maybe. I have 140k in the bank.

With Franklin out I need some bolstering there but this week or next? There is probably two upgrades in each spot to come anyway, not due if the cows will be able to snake that happen.

Let me know your thoughts. My plan has been to target players with no bye in finals but given the scores guys like Steve j are smashing out, is that wise?

Cheers,

Mo.

2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Mo - if you think you can get top 4 of your league, and win first week of the finals, the Geelong bye is meaningless. between that and Collingwood having their final bye next week make the whole bye mess just a little bit easier to swallow imo.

I'd be looking at your fwds this week - they look weaker with N Roo up and down, Franklin likely to be a late withdrawal (my tip!) and Darling and Krakwhore on the park. As you say, I'd be looking at Stevie J, Pav, and ROK, with only SJ's bye potentially effecting your league scoring, they're all safe bets!