Worst Trade Of The Year Nominations

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Richo had 41 touches in the magoos on the weekend - better trade him back in!

2. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from BigLance on June 7, 2011, 16:36
    ROUND 7
    OUT Richardson (&#36;149,300) IN Riewoldt (&#36;386,000)
    OUT Liberatore (&#36;268,800) IN Wallis (&#36;103,600)
    ROUND 6
    OUT Krakouer (&#36;239,100) IN Petrie (&#36;265,100)
    OUT Broughton (&#36;438,200) IN Suckling (&#36;348,700)
    ROUND 4
    OUT Atley (&#36;108,600) IN Curnow (&#36;206,800)
    OUT Petrie (&#36;216,000) IN Richardson (&#36;110,200)
    ROUND 3
    OUT Richardson (&#36;110,200) IN Tapscott (&#36;110,200)
    OUT Buckley (&#36;110,200) IN Liberatore (&#36;103,600

Petrie and Richardson both went out, then both came back. I was going through some dark times. On hindsight should have stuck with Petrie and Krak. Cam Richardson is the source of all evil. This is where my season went south unsuprisingly and put me behind the 8 ball. I have climbed back to about 2500 now.</blockquote>

You are the king of the sideways trade... lol.

Every single one of those trades can be considered sideways (except the Richo OUT - Take 2 -> Riewoldt)

In hindsight you should have stuck with Buckely, Petrie, Krak, Atley, Broughton and Libber!

No point in culling a cow before they've even made a cent! :p

3. Tino

Tino Member

PS: How the hell are you ranked 2,500????

4. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

lol
    Big Lance you may have won and also placed 2nd and 3rd with those trades. Good to see your still 2500 though.

5. BigLance

BigLance New Member

HAHA i figured with 4 extra trades i'd go nuts and burn a few,getting in the top 1000 weekly a few times now as well. I have my team set up with DPP cover basically with Chappy floating forward or mid. I figured if i burnt 6-8 trades it would be about the same as burning 2-4 last year as i wasn't going to need extra for the byes.

6. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tino on June 7, 2011, 21:43
    PS: How the hell are you ranked 2,500????</blockquote>
    Half of those trades look like bench options as well which wouldnt have really effected his on field scoring...

LOL!

7. torcida

torcida Member

worse tradin a have seen thats for sure - big slide cmin up . let us know how u go later on in the yr

8. BigLance

BigLance New Member

Will do, i already dropped out of the top 10k about rnd 5 and have been climbing back up. I'm about set for the year with 8 left for finals.

There's no reason to think i'm in line for a slide in the future though:

Def: Lids, Shaw, Goddard, Suckling, Gibbs, Heppell, Lower (Duigan, Stanley, Jacobs)

Mids: Swan, Pendles, A Swallow, Murphy, Gaj, Selwood (Hibberd, Wallis, Mzungu)

Ruc: Cox, Smith (Vardy, J Tipp)

For: Buddy, Goodes, N Roo, J Roo, Petrie, Higgins, Rioli (Darling, Matera, Prestia)

240k inthe bank, Chappy and Enright to come in.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy New Member

Id like to name and shame my Dad in his first year of supercoach. He had J Roo at the start and held him after his concussion for one game in which he got a 77 (about rnd 4). I had told him to hold him as he would bounce back but instead of asking my advice later that week, he panicked as J Roo had lost 50K and decided to bring in Didak, who had just lost his first 50K!
    We all know the story since then- J Roo bounced back nicely as expected, while didak goes on to loose another 150 odd and score far worse.
    I guess it was a great way for him to learn one of the many supercoach lessons in his first season! Since then he calls me every Thursday/Friday to run over his trade thoughts.

10. torcida

torcida Member

for the best trade of the yr - my 9yo pulled this
    ROUND 11
    OUT Harris (&#36;311,900) IN Swallow (&#36;446,000)

made him cpt and scored 2589 ;)

gunna ask him for advise from now on

11. clackerz

clackerz Member

Mine is more bad timing than bad trade - sortta.
    I got Watto in the week of the Brissy game and slapped him with the big c....
    Needless to say I showed him the door the following week. No probabtion period for a return like that!

@ torcida - register him here and get him on the best buys!

My 8yo did the opposite 2 weeks ago - OUT Boyd IN Swan! After him seeing my facial expression needless to say he regrets it and wants Boyd back in!
    I wish I had the guts to trade like the kids - just do it!

12. torcida

torcida Member

yep - the more we think more chance of a f@ck up - he didnt made any trades in 1st 8 rnd and outscored me last 2 weeks.
    when i compare that side with mine hes in a better position lol.
    kept sum underperformers like broughton - hurn - duffman - stokes and last 3 weeks they picked up

hes got more patience than me

13. got_the_goodes

got_the_goodes New Member

Haha my worst trade was bringing in Lindsay Gilbee after he scored 150 against the tigers I thought maybe he is back to his old scoring ways and thought he would be a good pod. He then nets me 50 the next week and the following week after being dropped luckily snags a spot back and he gets 37 and is dropped the week after.

Haha i'd say worst trade of all time

14. demonspud

demonspud Member

So far (because of lack of scoring) was Isaac Smith in to cover a donut. Sadly Hibberd (after being named emergency) also played and has been playing since. I hope the lad gets a game soon.

Not a trade, but picking up Goddard, Swan and NRoo at the start. Damn you Capt. Foresight, where are you?

15. Caz28

Caz28 New Member

Traded Daisy in last week and made him captain, expecting another 150+ performance. Instead, he scores 108 and gets suspended so now I've lost him for 2 weeks because of the bye in round 13. Doh.

16. Saintsational

Saintsational New Member

Lower > Gilbee in round 9. Lower scores 143, Gilbee gets 53. Follows up with a 37 and is then dropped in round 11. Shocker.

17. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

all my trades have worked well so far this year touch wood except for one. and its a calamity. traded out stevie j even though i had tipped a big year from him at the start thats why he was there in the first place.

Had to avoid a doughnut in round 6 when the cats had the bye and so basically it came down to either higgins or stevie j for o'keefe. higgins had been slightly better up until then but how id love to have that one back! the only thing that reduces the pain slightly is that ROK has been really good this year. so a bit like your clanger trade blue boys rule i guess.

18. BigLance

BigLance New Member

<blockquote>Quote from torcida on June 8, 2011, 11:28
    worse tradin a have seen thats for sure - big slide cmin up . let us know how u go later on in the yr</blockquote>

1568 overall ;)

19. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Traded JP Kennedy & A.Everitt heading into R3, both scored 100+, but got Newman + Curnow.
    I'll dob a mate in, I got him into SC this year and its his first season
    Over the season he's traded out
    H.Taylor, J.Selwood, J.Adcock (scored 144 next week or ta), NRoo (topped 100 next week), Goddard (That was the week he got 140, 2 week ago), Goldstein............
    Only to get J.Adcock & J.Selwood back a few weeks later. Adcock is now injured and Selwood is gone for 4, and he can't do anything about it, has the #0 featuring on his trades bar. And traded in Hargrave after Richmond game (114), only then to score a couple of 50s and get injured. This is no joke.
    Winner?
    I have one for most riskiest decision.......another mate made Isaac Smith captain this week (also first year of SC) because each week picks C vs. GC, only Hawk was Smith, made him Captain. Person above with (silly trades) laughed at him, and Smith got 214 as C, and in the end wasn't too bad, was better than say a Franklin, Boyd or Goddard........

20. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

not sure if it counts as "worst trade" material (maybe worst listed player?) but i thought it piss funny when i realised that after R13 over 1100 coaches still have old Fev on their lists..