Finals Structure

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dirty Dog, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

This week is a rough one for trades. Thinking forward - I'm interested in bringing in some more MPP's to make sure I cover for my Prems when they have the bye's during the finals. I will ditch any Dons player and add more flexibilty.

One question to the forum. Is having a cheap (91K - 120K) non playing MPP on each line a good move if it helps the bank and gives max MPP postitionheresY see that you only need 2 backup players as theres no need for multiple quality players sitting on the pine during the finals as long as you have the best players on the field.

Your thought on the final structures.

Cheers

2. jdOzman

jdOzman New Member

I do see the value in that Dirty Dog.

My D10/F10/M9 positions are filled by Tape/Siposs/Iles. None of which I ever want to be on the field, in fact I don't even want them as Emerg (they were either brought in merely to maximize downgrade profit, or a dud choice in starting lineup).

So if they had MPP status, they would actually be providing me with some value to shuffle Prem's from other lines in and out to cover byes/injuries. I reckon it could work well if you can fit them in as downgrade targets without burning extra trades - so long as the rest of your team is strong.

I have stacked my MID with Prem's almost from day dot and so have had less quality players on my MID bench. To cover byes, I now have 'rarely playing' MPPs in my M7/M8 positions (Krak/B.Jacobs) and use them to bring Prem MPPs from either FWD or DEF into the MIDs. This has worked well for me. Havent needed the reverse coverage into DEF and FWD so much as have had decent bench coverage in Darling/Tapscott/Stanley/Duigan.

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

That player was Dylan Mcniel last year alot of people traded him in just to rotate between Mids n fwds

This year I have jacobs and mzungu who will hold those links for me

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I have Hibberd and Mzungu (to be) in the mids.

I intend to upgrade the backline so Heppell is the swing man D8.

Heppell can cover for any issues in the backs and mids.

I'm thinking if I can upgrade Heppell into Scotland and Mzungu into Didak then my side will be where I want it.