Round 12 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 6, 2011.

1. patash

patash New Member

@jurrahreffic id go priddis, no reson just personal preferance

2. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

One guy that hasnt been thought of for a downgrade from Sandi is his replacement, Jon Griffin.

Averaging 108 and has a BE of -67 and is set to go up by about 69K. Price is around the 212K mark.

Food for thought...

3. fightingfury

fightingfury New Member

sainter
    yeah ive got swan but i also have boyd,selwood,mundy,judd,hodge,swan with mzung,harris to cover can also bring goodes or chap with mpp. the bye is a little worry but i want fiher and i have puopolo, stanley n jacobs to cover. my main worry is only having 9 trades left.
    thansk mate

4. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

still unsure what to do.
    I was thinking this week going sandi to j tippet and then maybe trading out lynch for petrie

then next week trade one of my def benchwarmers to fisher and my team will be complete.

5. m4ttdog

m4ttdog New Member

thinking about bringing in both rioli and chapman or rioli and bartel, both are well priced and then next week hopefully I can pick up boyd on the cheap

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Looks like we have Sandi, Swan, Tags, Buddy, and Kerr (if people have him) sitting on the pine - the potential to cover 5 "premiums" is difficult (I personally have four of them). May need some heavy trading this week!

7. Pecks

Pecks New Member

What are peoples's thoughts on a cheap (I only have $450k) MPP M/F. Chappie/Sylvia/Fyfe are all under injury clouds. I am thinking about J. Brennan as a POD. AM I CRAZY?

8. skiddy

skiddy New Member

yes i think if fit go with chappy knocks out bigger scores more often and is well priced

9. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I'm curious on what everyone thinks about JS for Vardy and Bailey - I plan on having one of them replace Sandi, to join Cox and Smith.

Following the ticker, The hawks have more hot markings in the ruck till the end of the season (and well placed to replace Smith when the GC ticker goes cold), but will Bailey even be there to take advantage of them?

The cats have more average ruck ticks through till the end, but I'm assuming that Vardy is more likely to be part of the side?

The Freo ruck ticker is the worst of the four (Freo, GC, cats, hawks) - it'd obviously be helped along by Sandi, but can Griffin do a similar job?

In my mind Sandi is already gone - but who comes in???

10. DC

DC Member

Pecks you are not crazy thinking of Brennan..

No byes left and scores pretty well week in and out.

HOWEVER you can add him to that list of injury cloud players..

Sylvia should be right to go this week as he suffered a pretty bad cork to the leg, nothing serious...

11. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Is Bartel worth jumping on? He's cheap as chips but so far this season isn't showing himself to be in that elite group. Jump on and hope he increases his output or spend more on a proven scorer like Boyd/Pendles/Murphy?

12. Pecks

Pecks New Member

@Swert. Don't muck around! Just grab Pendles. If your league opponent has him he can riun your whole day with a 150. The bloke averages 126

13. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Tossing up between upgrading to Priddis or NDS? Any input about which to get?

Even Boyd isn't out of the question!
    Current mid prems are Judd, Pendles, Thompson and Selwood

14. jibba

jibba Member

Just something to note on Pendlebury, He has had past seasons where he has averaged 120+ for the first half of the season, then drops off to a 100 average for the second half to finish with an average of 110.

Say this year, Collingwood are playing exceptionally well, so I wouldn't expect him to drop to a 100 average but say more a 110-115 average. Also Collingwood may look to give Pendlebury some resting time before finals as unlike Swan, he isn't getting his 2 week break.

On the other hand, Nick Dal Santo probably has the same ability to average the same 110-115 (should Pendlebury drop his scoring in the second half of the season like previous seasons) but he comes at around 70k cheaper. Also he may not get that rest before finals as Saints need him on the field to win them games, unlike previous years. Also no Hayes this year and Montagna is struggling with injuries atm, so he becomes the No.1 midfielder

Coming into the end of the marathon, that extra 70k might be very useful in covering for LTI's/byes/suspensions

Just my personal opinion, but I see Dal Santo as a better option than Pendle RIGHT NOW, if you were to choose one of the two as a trade in target NOW.

Remember it's not about what they have scored before you trade them in, it's about what they score in your team.

I'm finding this out the hard way with Adcock, one of the highest averaging defenders BEFORE i traded him in, now he is averaging worse than my bench options.

15. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

What are people's thoughts on brining in Roughead, can he maintain his high scoring? He could be a handy POD?

16. jurrahreffic

jurrahreffic New Member

thanks for ur help guys. what about bartel or priddis? i got swan, judd, pendles, goodes, selwood, goddard which im gonna move to the backline, DHarris, jacobs & ISmith. after the trade it will leave me with 9 trades for the season

17. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

@jurrahreffic Personally i can barely split Bartel and Priddis. Both consistent and likely to average 115. I'd probably go priddis for the POD and so you don't have 2 cats to cover come finals time. Although Bartel is 70k cheaper...

18. DC

DC Member

jibba awesome summary on pendles it refreshes my mind with why i got boyd instead

19. clackerz

clackerz Member

OK so I'm thinking of showing Sandi the door.
    Can't have $500K warming the pine for too much longer.

If I do this I know I'll be cashed up to pretty much finish my team.

My problem is - where to spend all this cash when I go shopping?

I've got 1 spot left in my mids. My initial plan was to keep a spot for Swannie after the Rnd 14 bye, but theres a carrot in the shape of Ablett tempting me.

The other option is to spend it in my backline. I got 2-3 spots to fill there. Was planning on getting Newman, Shaw, Fisher/Scotland in that order - preferably after their byes (except for Newman/Scotland).

Also there's the Fwd line, but slim pickings there at the moment - maybe SJ/Rioli

I could get Newman this week - low BE and get Ablett next week, or wait and get Swan....

I'd like your thoughts on this.

Here's my team
    12 Trades and currently $236K in the kitty

Back - BJ, Lids, Enright, Broughton, Lower, Gibbs, Heppell, (Poops, Jacobs, L.Thommo)
    Mid - Pendles, Mundy, Priddis, S.Thommo, Selwood, Harris (Iles, Prestia, Hibberd)
    Ruck - Cox, Smith (Sandi,Keeffe)
    Fwd - Pav, Buddy, Goodes, Nroo, Green, Darling, JRoo (Mzungu, T.Lynch, Pissoff)

20. paul74

paul74 New Member

Heppell > Gilbert?