Ruck Downgrade Targets

Discussion in 'AFL' started by PIGSTi, Jun 9, 2011.

1. PIGSTi

PIGSTi New Member

Seeing as I am entertaining getting rid of Sandi this week and eventually people will cash in on Smith.

What options do we have?

There's Vardy and Bailey at the $130k mark but are there any sub $100k options? These are DT prices I am talking.

Cheers!

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Vardy & Bailey seem the only real viable options of cheaper rucks who will get games atm.

Every other cheap ruckman I look at in the listings would pretty much just take a spot in your team without providing you with cover in the event of injuries.

3. PIGSTi

PIGSTi New Member

Yeh it looks that way.

Mitchell Curnow for Port $80,400

Now I am sure I have read somewhere that he'll play a few games this year! It also can't be a coincidence that 10% of teams have him.

Does anyone have any info on him?

4. sheffield8375

sheffield8375 New Member

How about Max Gawn, from the Dees? Not sure how good his job security will be once Jamar comes back, but he looked ok, both in the ruck and up forward, on the weekend. And he's under 100K.

5. PIGSTi

PIGSTi New Member

Ok here's what I can come up with.

Vardy and Bailey's bubble have burst but Vardy is still in my sights for $130k.

Browne is on the bubble with a 78 and 55 - What's his JS like?

Gawn from Melbourne debuted last week and did ok with 56, he is priced under 100k but might struggle to get a game when Jamar is back.

Moran also debuted last week but only scored 22. He is also under 100k, I know nothing about his JS.

Alot of people have Tom Derickx who I am struggling to find any info on!

So the options I can see are

Vardy - $130,300
    Bailey - $128,600
    Browne - $122,500
    Gawn - $97,600
    Moran - $97,600
    Derickx - $92,500

None of them really fantastic, who would you pick?

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Forget Curnow from Port - rookie list player still in the reserves at Sturt - very green and still learning the craft of rucking, long term project who definitely won't get a run this season.

Moran's JS is only as good as his form - Maric and McKernan both played decent games in SANFL on the weekend and would be putting pressure on the selectors after Moran's effort against the Roos.

7. sheffield8375

sheffield8375 New Member

I know bugger all about Browne, but I'd be choosing between Bailey and Vardy - they're both likely to get extended stints in the team I'd suggest, as they're in better form than Renouf and Blake respectively.

8. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Andrew Browne's JS is pretty good coming from me if he keeps playing well, everytime you see Angus Graham in the ruck, look at his eye vision, 9/10 times he will be looking at the opposition ruckman and jump in the air without knowing where the ball is, therefore giving away free-kick after free-kick, his kick is a little worrying too, i CERTAINLY wouldn't want big Graham kicking after the siren to win a Grand Final for the Saints, heck..I'd rather have Nick Riewoldt! The only plus-side from my view in Angus's game is that he's an extraordinary tackler and hard at the ball, very mobile but his possession isn't great, so aslong as Brwone keeps doing things right then he SHOULD hold his spot

9. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

10% of people have Curnow cause he is the cheapest R4 available not cause they think he will pump out 120s

10. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

There is also Griffin - Sandis replacement - his JS is perfect until Sandi returns. He's a little more expensive, but if he keeps performing, Freo might just hold off on Sandi until he is perfectly fit!

11. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Griffin is a good option for anyone planning on getting bsandi back in 'post injury' as out of the cheap rucks he's probabaly going to be on the high end of the PPG scale and his usefulness expires when sandi is back and until then should be ok with JS. He's more expensive now but you'll make that back when he's closer to sandi's buyback price (based on SC) then the alternatives are.

12. samose

samose New Member

4th ruckman is surplus - surely Griffin provides the perfect option for those holding on to Sandi?
    1. JS until Sandi returns
    2. Scoring better than Smith
    3. Option to realise significant profit through trade-out on Sandi's return, or hold (inexpensive R4)
    4. Further insurance should Sandi be injured again

13. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

If you have plenty of trades at the Moment Griffin is the best downgrade option.In round 15 when Cox has the Bye the Dockers are Playing Gold Coast so expect big points from the Freo Ruckman.

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Johnny Freo ruckman could be Sandilands for that match and Griffin out on his @ss.

15. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

Griffin is scoring the best at the moment his price in SC is 212,000 but he will go up after this weekends games