2012 will we miss the bye??

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lethaldons, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Hi guys , a bit of foward thinking onto next years challenge, will people miss the challenge of mixing up team selection, mpp, pods and looking ahead to league finals etc that we have had to deal with this year, or welcome back the set and forget stratergy of years gone bye, example having a swan, pendles, thomas, a pavlich, fyfe, sandi , mundy, a franklin, hodge , ryoli, a judd, murphy, scotland, gibbs from the same teams with no consequence or planning????

2. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

It would make things a lot more easier. I would have got Judd if he didn't have that stupid bye in the finals.

3. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

i certainly wont miss the bye but i dont think we can ever say goodbye to our dear old friend 'general soreness'

4. theclaud

theclaud New Member

I like having bye. Throws in another element to playing sc which I find interesting.

It also has enabled those who had an average start to work there way back into contention for overall. A bit more strategy and luck is required to get throw the multibyes especially.

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I for one love the challenge of the bye, but next year will make it easier

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

I have had a strategy to not draft in players with finals byes, didn't pick Swan cos I didn't want 2 magpie mids with byes

Next year will be much easier but it'll b key not to pick injury prone players eg Higgins Chapman Rioli

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

i reckon if we had another season with byes, I would be fairly happy with the experience gained this year. but tbh, am looking forward to not having to worry about it.

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Isn't GWS in the comp next year

Enter the bye - at the moment they can't hardly beat teams at Northern Bullants stature.

Will be a long year for Sheeds until he throws in the towel and gives the job over to the most stubborn of them all - the great Choco.

Trust me, Choco will win another premiership as an AFL coach, it will be for GWS, and he will go down as one of the legends of AFL.

9. RV

RV New Member

AFL have confirmed we go back to 22 (or was is 24?) rounds next season (iirc from an article on afl.com.au - sorry memory fuzzy).

As such we will have no SC byes, however I dare say we will go back to 2 benchers only per line as per last season. Fewer trades I would suspect also! Add in some split rounds too from the AFL I suspect.

10. whips

whips New Member

I like the bye.
    Adds an extra element of thinking to SC and avoids those split rounds where we only get 2-3 games.
    Full on footy every weekend for 24 weeks.

11. 911HS

911HS New Member

i like the bye. but on the flip side, its just too time consuming... i have to work