Round 12 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Lion24

Lion24 New Member

Thoughts on J Brown? Usually does well against Carlton & hopefully every game that passes he should get back into some form. His avg. is only 74.

2. Corks

Corks Member

Lion...JBrown AWESOME against Carlton in the past, but that was a different J Brown, a different Lions and a different Carlton.

Think he will see very little of the ball compared with previous games v Blues, as Lions will probably struggle to win clearances, and Jamison is fitter than previous match ups. For once he will also get support from Duigan, Thornton, Russell and Gibbs going 3rd man up.

Love the JBrown, but don't think this is the week to bring him in. Wait till he's got some form under his belt and he's playing a weaker side for mine.

3. Corks

Corks Member

There is a lot of love for Ablett out there, but I'm still not convinced. Three great scores, the rest ho hum or crap. Boyd and Thompson on the other hand consistent generally 120+ scores.

Apart from history, can someone please make the case for Ablett being a $60k better investment than Boyd for the remainder of 2011?

4. way2serious

way2serious New Member

Opinions on Chappy? I need one more prem forward to finish off my forward line. Is he too much of a risk coming off a week off and only averaging 99 or is he a bargain atm?

And pls don't say to wait for his price to come down more because i would rather his extra points on darling than to save a couple of bucks :)

5. the_butcher

the_butcher New Member

Corks, the fact that I passed on Ablett last week would convince most that he's a must have.

Def: Deledio-Gibbs-Goddard-Broughton-Enright with Heppell and Lower filling the field. Need two more premiums, thinking of getting two of Shaw, Fisher and Newman. Which two should I go after?

I'm only hunting leagues so am leaning towards getting in Newman(bye in league bye) for Lower this week, then Fisher/Shaw after their byes.

6. Corks

Corks Member

Butcher...ha ha ha, yep know what you mean.

In terms of your team, wouldn't be too quick to jump off Heppell. Think he is now a keeper for as long as possible, maybe up to finals. Your replacement isn't likely to score much more than his 80-100 ppg. I'd look at Lower to Fisher, then wait and see on Hepp.

Way2...first, why has a Richmond supporter got a Geelong avatar? second, I'm sticking by Chappy and say go for it, but I'm an idiot when it comes to players I like, so I would not take my advice. I'm still bleeding that I had $100 on Chappy for the Norm Smith in 2007 and some idiot did not watch the whole game and guessed at BOG.

7. the_butcher

the_butcher New Member

Was thinking in an ideal world I could use Heppell as a roving emergency come the finals.. but am running low on trades so proly dreaming.

cheers mate, good luck!

8. way2serious

way2serious New Member

Haha corks, you are the first on here to ever mention that.

But the fact is that when Richmond have been in the possie they have been in for (shall we say way tooooo long) then I have had to have my pleasures in the AFL from watching great games that obviously do not involve richmond. and i have come to the conclusion that Selwood is my favourite player. Just love his attack on the ball and how fearless he is and how he is the one to get the hard stuff done :) (and he is a local lad from bendigo) :)

Back to Chappy, i know he is nearing an end, but he is still a great player and has a heap of potential. But my real reason on getting him in is that i just that i really want to get my FWD line complete and cannot see another option that i want to go for.

and i can be an idiot myself corks so i say idiot see idiot do... His in hahah (unless someone informs me of some reason why i should look elsewhere), thnx :)

9. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

Hi All,

Ijust registered on here because i heard its a good as i use Yscc,com.au which i have over 1000 posts there We have a great Podcast there with Marcus,Mark & Faz.
    I am going to trade out Jack Darling but who shall i get as an Upgrade
    Thinking of one of Stevie J,Rioli,O'Keefe
    Ihave 12 Trades & $71,000
    My Forward Line is NROO,Pav,Chappy,Buddy,Darling,Krakouer,Petrie (Tapscott,Mckernan & Mzungu)
    I have Goodes in my Midfield.

what do you all think.

10. PIGSTi

PIGSTi New Member

Have just gone

D Swallow > ROK

Now to decide who I am going to trade Sandi for. Most likely it will be to Vardy, I think he has good JS and if he can keep performing then Hawkins will struggle to return. Also if Mooney doesn't return he should play the season.

11. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

I've got 12 trades and $405,800 to spend on a double upgrade. League only. My team is:

B: Deledio, Shaw, Fisher, Gibbs, Heppell, Hurley, Duigan (L.Thompson, Lower, Puopolo)

M: Swan, Sellwood, Goddard, Thompson, Cotchin, Swallow (Jacobs, I Smith, Mzungu)

R: Sandi, Petrie, Z Smith, Bailey

F: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, N Roo, J Roo, Higgins, Krakouer (Lynch, McKernan, Richardson)

Possible options this week are:

1)L Thompson > Newman
    Swallow > Ablett
    -Next week Krak > JTippet, ZSmith > Cox, and Petrie forward.(leaves approx $75,000 in bank)

2)L Thompson > Newman
    Z Smith > Cox
    -Next week Swallow > Ablett, Krak > JTippett, and Petrie forward.(leaves approx $59,000 in bank)

3)Z Smith > Cox
    Swallow > Ablett
    -Next week LThompson > Newman, Krak > JTippett, and Petrie forward.(leaves approx $57,000 in bank)

Will sit on final 8 trades.

Thoughts?

12. turbo

turbo New Member

I'm with you Corks. Just can't see Ablett playing in a rubbish team having the same consistency as Boyd, Murphy, or Thompson for example, so not getting sucked in by a couple of big scores. Because GC have sucked up until now I don't think teams have worried about putting the clamps on Ablett but I reckon that will change soon....

Have a couple of upgrades to do down back. Looking at Shaw after the bye, but not sure about the other. Considering Newman this week, but does anyone reckon Malceski might be worth a look in a week or two?

13. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Was thinking of bringing in one of either Adcock or Hurn to bolster my back-half as funds don't allow me any of the top defenders(already have Broughton). Will either of these two be in the top 10 DEF by finals time or will they be on the fringes? Of the two who presents better value? Thoughts people.

14. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Anyone else nervous about Lower and Heppel named on the pine. Are they going to be rested or subbed? Is it their turn?

15. cdcanman

cdcanman New Member

Its 'staying safe' or 'swinging for the fences' time for me this week. 'Safe' option is to downgrade Toy then turn Knights into Rioli. Perfectly acceptable deal. 'Fences' option, downgrade Z. Smith to Vardy, then turn knights into gun forward (Sylvia, Rough, Rioli, CHap, SJohn). Last possible week to get aboard the Vardy cash train (2nd round cash cows are the most critical decision in SC IMO), but it does deplete my scoring in the ruck until Sandi comes back. I have heard others talk of trading out Sandi and then trading him back in, but I'm not sure its a viable option for me (currently 12 trades left). Like your thoughts. Thumbs up for Safe, thumbs down for Fences, comments appreciated also.

16. turbo

turbo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Dirty Dog on June 10, 2011, 09:29
    Anyone else nervous about Lower and Heppel named on the pine. Are they going to be rested or subbed? Is it their turn?</blockquote>

We'll find out this evening. Could mean some last minute changes to trade plans!

17. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Straight swap, Hardingham > Pavlich. Thoughts?

18. PIGSTi

PIGSTi New Member

@ Dirty Dog

If Barlow plays which is likely then Lower won't be the sub. He may get subbed off at 3 qtr time but I doubt it as they both play different roles.

Our bench will look like this I think

Stanton, Welsh, Heppell, Hibberd - Browne will be our sub again.

Or it will be

Stanton, Welsh, Heppell, Hibberd - Lovett-Murray will be our sub.

19. juststarting

juststarting New Member

Going for the league win so don't want anyone with a bye in the last four rounds.. Who should I get out of:

Ablett (possibility of being rested late in the season)
    Mundy (should play all games)
    Pendles (bye and maybe rest to come)

Thanks!

20. DC

DC Member

juststarting Mundy is the safe option out of them but if i had a choice Ablett