Round 12 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 6, 2011.

1. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Swing away cd. It's the only way to get ahead.

2. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

Need help with my team. 12 trades left $18,000 in bank.

Def- Deledio,Scotland,Goddard,Shaw,Heppell,Lower,Duigan (Nicoski,L.Thompson,Toy)

Mids-Swan,Ablett,Selwood,Mundy,Hodge,Cotchin (Buckley,Jacobs,Mzungu)

Ruc- Mumford, Smith (Bathie,Derickx)

Fwd-Franklin,Pavlich,Chapman,Goodes,Harvey,Fyfe,Petrie (Darling,I.Smith,Tapscott)

Option 1- Downgrade Nicoski to C.Howard then Upgrade Duigan to S.Fisher

Option 2- Nicoski/Toy to C.Howard then Mumford to Cox

Which option is better?

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Whats the diagnosis on Monatsb injury?!? Can't find anything anywhere...

Have been out of the loop this week....

Is thinking of sideways trading Montagna crazy thinking?

4. torcida

torcida Member

alex. u need another ruckman mate - duigan will still score 70-90 while u r lookin at the donut in the rucks.

upgrading derickx > griffin could be a good move
    that way u will have in the ruck once mummy gets back

5. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

Should I or shouldn't I. That's the question running thru my head ATM!!
    Def God,lids,brought,grundig,gibbsy,heps,enright
    (lower,stanley,poop)
    mid pendle,selwood,harvs,gaj,hodge,swallow(GC)
    (jacobs,buckley,smith
    ruc cox,sandi,smith,satanley
    for fyfe,buddy,SJ, nroo,jroo,goody,krak
    (lynch,mzunga,richo)
    Have got 12 trades & $170k
    Covering buddy with mzunga

Option 1 move lids,god,gibbsy to mids & play lower/poops

option 2 move one of the trio & upgrade lower to shaw/fisher (but want to do it after the byes)

option 3 upgrade harris to boyd

But then I was going to get Swan after bye so leaves me with 7 prem mids.Which way do u think this team should go Cheers one frustrated coach.

6. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

torcida- I have too many Fremantle players as it is, so what about Max Bailey or Nathan Vardy?

7. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Leaning 2 ways. At the start of the week, I wanted Boyd, but thinking maybe putting him off another week. This would be the second week I put Boyd off, I was going to get him next week. But I have 2 options for me.

Finish my forward line, or midfield. I have 11 trades left with $209,300 in the bank

Midfield:
    Swan, Pendlebury, Selwood, Judd, S.Thompson, Heppell (Libba, Harris, Wallis)

Forward:
    Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, J.Riewoldt, Rioli, Krakouer (Darling, Lynch, Mzungu)

Option 1:
    Libba > Boyd

Option 2:
    Libba > Chapman/Fyfe or another m/f that is an option

I could do another downgrade this week, but I don't see anyone that appeals to me, so will maybe hold off. Unless someone has a suggestion for a downgrade.

The reason why I am leaning towards option 2 now, is that it looks like Boyd may drop in price again, and if I get Chapman or Fyfe, they will be in the middle this week. After this week, I will switch Chapman/Fyfe with Krakouer, so moving them forward will complete my forward line, and with Krakouer moving into the middle next week, I will then upgrade him, to Boyd.

The only downside with option 2 is that I am not as confident with Fyfe or Chapman, both have some kind of injuries, but thinking I may take the punt on them.

Now if I do go with option 2, Fyfe or Chapman? I already have Pavlich, Sandilands, Broughton and Lower. Selwood is the only Cat I have.
    Any other forwards worth a look in? I'm looking at a m/f though, so my forward can be switched with Krakouer the following week.

8. torcida

torcida Member

u havent got any in the ruck - not sure how long before mummy cumz back - if i had 2 get cheap ruck on the field he would be ahead of vardy and bailey.
    if u trade mummy for cox u r still lookin at 1-2 donuts dont think smith will play every single game.

dave80 option one ;)

9. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Alex_26 on June 10, 2011, 10:50
    Need help with my team. 12 trades left &#36;18,000 in bank.

Def- Deledio,Scotland,Goddard,Shaw,Heppell,Lower,Duigan (Nicoski,L.Thompson,Toy)

Mids-Swan,Ablett,Selwood,Mundy,Hodge,Cotchin (Buckley,Jacobs,Mzungu)

Ruc- Mumford, Smith (Bathie,Derickx)

Fwd-Franklin,Pavlich,Chapman,Goodes,Harvey,Fyfe,Petrie (Darling,I.Smith,Tapscott)

Option 1- Downgrade Nicoski to C.Howard then Upgrade Duigan to S.Fisher

Option 2- Nicoski/Toy to C.Howard then Mumford to Cox

Which option is better?</blockquote>

I would advise you to go with option 1 unless you are going to want to use Cox as Captain. Because Mumford > Cox is not an Big upgrade more a Sideways trade.

10. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from HotPiesColdDrinks on June 10, 2011, 13:11
    Leaning 2 ways. At the start of the week, I wanted Boyd, but thinking maybe putting him off another week. This would be the second week I put Boyd off, I was going to get him next week. But I have 2 options for me.

Finish my forward line, or midfield. I have 11 trades left with &#36;209,300 in the bank

Midfield:

Forward:
    Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, J.Riewoldt, Rioli, Krakouer (Darling, Lynch, Mzungu)

Option 1:
    Libba > Boyd

Option 2:

I could do another downgrade this week, but I don't see anyone that appeals to me, so will maybe hold off. Unless someone has a suggestion for a downgrade.

The reason why I am leaning towards option 2 now, is that it looks like Boyd may drop in price again, and if I get Chapman or Fyfe, they will be in the middle this week. After this week, I will switch Chapman/Fyfe with Krakouer, so moving them forward will complete my forward line, and with Krakouer moving into the middle next week, I will then upgrade him, to Boyd.

The only downside with option 2 is that I am not as confident with Fyfe or Chapman, both have some kind of injuries, but thinking I may take the punt on them.

Now if I do go with option 2, Fyfe or Chapman? I already have Pavlich, Sandilands, Broughton and Lower. Selwood is the only Cat I have.
    Any other forwards worth a look in? I'm looking at a m/f though, so my forward can be switched with Krakouer the following week.
    </blockquote>

Hi HotPiesCol-
    dDrinks

I also agree with you in going with option 2 But i would go with ROK as this will not affect you going for the League win because Sydney have the Bye the week there are no Supercoach league games league Games

11. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Morko78 on June 10, 2011, 08:51
    Was thinking of bringing in one of either Adcock or Hurn to bolster my back-half as funds don't allow me any of the top defenders(already have Broughton). Will either of these two be in the top 10 DEF by finals time or will they be on the fringes? Of the two who presents better value? Thoughts people.</blockquote>

Morko78

I think now that Merrett is out injured that Adcock will play more of a Stoppers role. So I would go with Shannon Hurn seems to scoring well otherwise if you don't have Enright get him.Look at who has the Best SOS.
    If Hurn keeps scoring highly he should just scrape into the top 10.

12. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

<blockquote>Quote from johnnytheboy1 on June 10, 2011, 14:05
    <blockquote>Quote from HotPiesColdDrinks on June 10, 2011, 13:11

Finish my forward line, or midfield. I have 11 trades left with &#36;209,300 in the bank

Midfield:

Forward:

Option 1:
    Libba > Boyd

Option 2:

</blockquote>

Hi HotPiesCol-
    dDrinks

I also agree with you in going with option 2 But i would go with ROK as this will not affect you going for the League win because Sydney have the Bye the week there are no Supercoach league games league Games </blockquote>

Yep, thinking option 2 as well. I'm just not sure about ROK. I have never had him, but I watch his scores and he looks kind of annoying like Goodes (I have Goodes). His scores seem to be hot and cold.
    ROK is an option, but I will think about Chapman and Fyfe still. Plus, Fyfe has the multi bye as well, so shouldn't affect league either, like ROK.

Chapman vs Fyfe vs ROK?

13. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

Possible options this week are:

1)L Thompson > Newman
    Swallow > Ablett
    -Next week Krak > JTippet, ZSmith > Cox, and Petrie forward.(leaves approx &#36;75,000 in bank)

2)L Thompson > Newman
    Z Smith > Cox
    -Next week Swallow > Ablett, Krak > JTippett, and Petrie forward.(leaves approx &#36;59,000 in bank)

3)Z Smith > Cox
    Swallow > Ablett
    -Next week LThompson > Newman, Krak > JTippett, and Petrie forward.(leaves approx &#36;57,000 in bank)

Will sit on final 8 trades.

Thoughts?

14. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Dave80 on June 10, 2011, 13:06
    Should I or shouldn't I. That's the question running thru my head ATM!!
    Def God,lids,brought,grundig,gibbsy,heps,enright
    (lower,stanley,poop)
    mid pendle,selwood,harvs,gaj,hodge,swallow(GC)
    (jacobs,buckley,smith
    ruc cox,sandi,smith,satanley
    for fyfe,buddy,SJ, nroo,jroo,goody,krak
    (lynch,mzunga,richo)
    Have got 12 trades & &#36;170k
    Covering buddy with mzunga

Option 1 move lids,god,gibbsy to mids & play lower/poops

option 2 move one of the trio & upgrade lower to shaw/fisher (but want to do it after the byes)

option 3 upgrade harris to boyd

But then I was going to get Swan after bye so leaves me with 7 prem mids.Which way do u think this team should go Cheers one frustrated coach.</blockquote>

Dave80

It just depends whether you want to save trades if you do go with option 1 but i think you should go with,
    Option 2 AS Lower B/E Is 99. Sam Fisher is a great Upgrade.

15. unzhine

unzhine Guest

Hi all, looong time lurker here looking for advice. I usually find my answers in the forums, but looking for some specific trade advice this week. I'm not too confident in giving out advice yet, but I'll try and give something back too.

1,134 OVERALL, &#36;1,700 IN THE BANK.
    10 TRADES REMAINING.
    WOULD LIKE TO FINISH TOP 1000

DEF: Scotland,Delidio,Newman,Adcock,Goddard,Gibbs,Broughton(Lower, Batchelor, Jacobs)

CTR: Pendlebury,Murphy,Mundy,Boyd,Selwood,Heppell, (Iles, I.Smith,Prestia)

RUC: Cox,Smith, (Sandilands, Keefe)

FWD: Pavlich,Franklin,Johnson,Goodes,N.Riewoldt,J.Riewoldt,Darling, (Mzungu, Siposs, Richardson)

Proposed trades for this week:

SCENARIO A:

SANDILANDS > VARDY
    DARLING > ROUGHEAD AND &#36;230,600 IN THE BANK

Roughead's recent form is awesome, but I'm uncertain about his role in the future. Having said that, why would the Hawks want to mess with their current formula too much?

SCENARIO B:

SANDILANDS > VARDY
    ILES > ABLETT AND &#36;152,700 IN THE BANK

Backing ABLETT here to make - if not increase his current average and pump out a couple more massive scores (potentially vs SYD and WBD looking at historical data).

Leaning towards ROUGHEAD this week, ABLETT next week.
    (I want to keep HEPPELL as a permanent bench warmer)

Thoughts and comments appreciated greatly :)

Cheers.

16. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

lower>talia
    darling>ROK

17. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Chapman or Fyfe, I still haven't come to a definite answer. Boooooooo

18. way2serious

way2serious New Member

@dons,
    no3 just becasue the extra points you will get with Ablett and Cox having what should be fairly good games this weekend.

@T_R

i'm not sold on Roughead and i think Ablett could soon again be the perma captain (he is mine this week) also no byes to come is probably a 50 point bonus :)

19. way2serious

way2serious New Member

HPCD
    well personally I am jumping on Chappy this week. But i also had the same discision to make and personally worried about having to many Freo players by years end and also i think Cats have got a pretty easy run for most of the year... hopefully he comes good :)

20. james_2315

james_2315 New Member

should i downgrade sandilands to vardy/bailey? and have 430k in the bank for two upgrades next week//