GWS Bound

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Who does everyone think is bound to go to GWS?
    I think
    Mark Blake (ruckman)
    Tom Hawkins (Forward, ruck)
    Taylor Walker (Forward)
    Brent Prismall (Midfielder)
    Brock McLean (Midfielder)

I saw McLean and Prismall in the latest news and thought "well, yeah they could be good fits," Tommy Bellchambers too if it looks like Ryder/Hille combination at the end of the season.

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Kevin Sheedy has declared he wants Buddy Franklin, but Buddy won't go I don't think, Callan Ward is apparently bound to go, but which GUNS to you think will move, e.g last years Ablett, Rischitellie, Brennan/s?

3. andy

andy New Member

I'd be thinking the guns from lesser teams are more likely to go, eg brennan and rischitelli last year. I could easily see Wells being snaffled by GWS

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Scully, Ward, Walker all signed i reckon.

Others i reckon:

Brian Lake - Need a experienced defender

Sam Gilbert - On the outer with Saints players still

Brock McLean - Melbourne would be laughing at Carlton right now.

Mitch Clark & Luenburger both out contract at Lions and salary cap issues will see one have to be shipped out.
    Clark wanted out last year aswell'

Rhys Stanley - Out of contract at Saints. Ross isnt giving him games when we clearly need a tall forward.

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I think Saints will want to keep Rhys Stanley, This is likely to be Grdiner's last season, and we'll need Stanley then I reckon, because what has happened to the Hawks this year could happent o us next year, All of a sudden Kosi and McEvoy would go down and Blake could get injured too suddenly we have no ruck without Stanley, we need him, hope he stays

6. Tino

Tino Member

Scully and Walker.

Maybe Cornes as a smokie? Out of favour at Port, no contract on the table and he still wants to play. GWS will need big bodies so they may give him a 1 year contract.

7. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

Ben McEvoy - gone

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

haha yep McEvoy is gone, only one thing wrong with that, he is signed at the Saints for another year or two.

9. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I can see Brock going there, also Josh Hill. Lake's certainly gone from the Doggies, could be going to GWS.

Taylor Walker is rumoured to be going to GWS as well.

Other potential targets would be Brent Prismall and Mitch Clarke.

10. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on June 12, 2011, 10:33
    Kevin Sheedy has declared he wants Buddy Franklin, but Buddy won't go I don't think, Callan Ward is apparently bound to go, but which GUNS to you think will move, e.g last years Ablett, Rischitellie, Brennan/s?</blockquote>

Not only does Buddy want to stay but he is also locked in contract and can't go. Even in the following year as well.

11. torcida

torcida Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/clamp-on-third-party-deals-spells-doom-for-demons/story-e6frf9jf-1226094204738

looks like chiefs will do anythin they can to make sure GWS gets scully...
    poor old melb hope they get something decent in return

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Compensation, right? Well that pick has gotta be right up there doesn't it? I think it is based on what they have achieved so far? That's pretty hard to work out because it's only his 2nd season, #1 draft pick, a 39 possie game......surely they've gotta recieve a first round draft pick at least?

13. russkoit

russkoit New Member

I think Cornes will go, as we have seen this year on the GC they will need a few big bodies, he has always been professional and mark williams always played him so they know exactly what they will be getting.

14. jibba

jibba Member

I remember seeing Bellchambers signing a two-year deal already with the bombers, meaning he won't go.
    Prismall is a possibility, but I think if Bombers finish top 8, he'd rather stay put than try his luck elsewhere

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

Cornes won't like a one year deal. He'd want a 2 year deal at least.

16. torcida

torcida Member

they can have blake from us :D
    1st rnd pick means shite u never know who u gunna get and we can all c scully is gunna be a gun.
    if this thing was fair they would recieve no1 pick

17. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Was told on the weekend by a mate who knows a fair few of the Freo boys pretty well that Palmer has been going around telling his close mates(including the bloke i was speaking to) that he is going to GWS next year

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@NumberWonGuns
    Why haven't we heard nothing about this on the news, he's probably trying to keep it quiet.

19. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Thats what i believe Sainter. He won't tell anyone until the season has been played out. Would like it under wraps until his management can sort out some sort of deal and finalise some details

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Tom Scully, Callan Ward & Rhys Palmer, wow, if they all sign, then they will have a very strong midfield in about 3 years time, because Scully, Ward, Palmer will all be around 24-26 years old, and there top rookies will be around what those players are now. They'll be a pretty strong team if they can do the same with other positions.