Round 13 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Corks

Corks Member

Mitchell: $474,500; Cotchin: $433,300

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

thanks corks

3. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Only going for league win now unfortunately.

My team

Fisher, Deledio, Shaw, Newman, Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton
    Puopolo, Batchelor, Toy

Pendlebury, Boyd, Swan, Judd, Selwood, Hodge
    Wright, Jacobs, Smith

Cox, Sandilands
    Smith, Keeffe

Franklin, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, J.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli
    Mzungu
    Lynch, Dixon, Richardson

Have 9 trades and 70 grand. Need to upgrade one more forward (either Dixon or Richardson) to a Premium. Any ideas on where to find the cash. Options I can see is...

A. Wait for Sandi to return and trade Smith to a rookie then turn Richardson into a Premium. Downside is having no ruck backup for the rest of the season.

B. Trade Toy to rookie, Trade Dixon to rookie, trade Richardson to Premium. Downside is using 3 trades to get one Premium.

C. Trade Dixon to rookie, trade Wright to Forward/Midfield Premium. Swap that premium with Mzungu in Forward line. Downside is Forward bench will look weak with only Lynch and new rookie scoring points.

Anyone got any new ideas/options for me or what option would you take.

4. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

@ general hodge- I'd give big thumbs up to option c. I think your stuck with some of those non playing rookies... The only other option would have been to downgrade sandi but vardy and griffen have both jumped in value so have probably missed the boat there.

5. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Western_Demons on June 12, 2011, 22:16
    @ general hodge- I'd give big thumbs up to option c. I think your stuck with some of those non playing rookies... The only other option would have been to downgrade sandi but vardy and griffen have both jumped in value so have probably missed the boat there. </blockquote>
    I didn't want to trade Sandi anyway. Not with Smith at R2 and no backup. Plus the fact that I will still have 2 ruck premiums for finals and would only have to trade Sandi back anyway. If Vardy/Bailey can hover around 200K I can still do Smith for one of them and get that premium though.

Surely Clarko will realize that Bailey is better than Renouf. I don't like to bag my own (honestly I love all who represent Hawthorn) but Bailey is our number one, not Renouf.

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, gotta say- I agree with option C, not only will it help in covering the Pendles/Swan/Selwood debarcle of next round, but *if* Howe can come close to what he outputted last week against the Bombers, he'll make for some reasonably solid coverage.

7. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Looks like Option C. has the lead... interesting hmmm

8. meataxe

meataxe Guest

GeneralHodge, I think you have to upgrade Dixon or Richo to a premium, which will leave Mzungu in your forwardline. Otherwise, your forward emergencies overall will be too weak and you have 4 forwards who cannot be flipped into mids via MPP - you run the risk of being exposed in the rounds they have a bye (or injured/rested/suspended).

If the new M/F premium (from Wright) is moved into the forwardline from midfield via Mzungu, then Mzungu is only useful in covering your M/F forwards, you will be relying on Lynch, Richo and Dixon-rookie for Franklin, N + J Roo and Rioli.

It will cost you more coin to upgrade Dixon/Richo but I think you will have better overall balance in your team if you do the above.

9. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

<blockquote>Quote from meataxe on June 13, 2011, 04:53
    GeneralHodge, I think you have to upgrade Dixon or Richo to a premium, which will leave Mzungu in your forwardline. Otherwise, your forward emergencies overall will be too weak and you have 4 forwards who cannot be flipped into mids via MPP - you run the risk of being exposed in the rounds they have a bye (or injured/rested/suspended).

If the new M/F premium (from Wright) is moved into the forwardline from midfield via Mzungu, then Mzungu is only useful in covering your M/F forwards, you will be relying on Lynch, Richo and Dixon-rookie for Franklin, N + J Roo and Rioli.

It will cost you more coin to upgrade Dixon/Richo but I think you will have better overall balance in your team if you do the above.</blockquote>

So I'm thinking your saying Option B??

10. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

Next week you are going to have to cover swan, pendles, shaw and now prob selwood. I'd bring in fyfe and have him on field in the mids. You will then have to use your mpp rookies to get the best cover. Hopefully you have some weaker league opponents...

11. quasty

quasty New Member

@ Generalhodge,
    May have to revisit option C as Lynch may have a calf injury.

12. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Western_Demons on June 13, 2011, 07:28
    Next week you are going to have to cover swan, pendles, shaw and now prob selwood. I'd bring in fyfe and have him on field in the mids. You will then have to use your mpp rookies to get the best cover. Hopefully you have some weaker league opponents...</blockquote>
    I know how to cover my mids and I'm not worried about any particular round. This is all about setting up my team for the finals. It's a tough decision but I at least think I narrowed it down to option B or C.

13. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

<blockquote>Quote from quasty on June 13, 2011, 08:37
    @ Generalhodge,
    May have to revisit option C as Lynch may have a calf injury.</blockquote>
    Where did you hear that from?

14. weazel

weazel Member

no trades for me will have to cop it sweet this week with shaw swan selwood and montags out

15. Kewell

Kewell New Member

No trades for me this week, I've made all of my upgrades.

I'm happy to have avoided all of the outs of the weekend (Selwood, Mundy and Roughead) and will only be missing Pendlebury and Shaw. I'll have Heppell and Mzungu deputising for those two I think.

16. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Selwood delemia (assuming he's outed)

I have eight trades left & really just wanting to finish inside top 5000 (currently 6325 & may improve with 2240 this week)

8 trades left & so far have traded aggressively to firstly get in some missed "gold" rookies ( Smith. Hibberd & Martin) cover inj's JRoo for Rioli & Fisher for Sandi & upgraded for Ablett, Chappie, Hodge (?) & Dids (?)

With Geelong's byes in the SC finals I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on trading out Selwood if 2+ weeks is rec'd. Have cash left from Sandi tradeout (&#36;185K) which I was hoping to use for my last fwd upgrade. However I could get Boyd, Priddas or other prem. that doesn't have a bye in the SC finals.

Any advice welcome.

17. Corks

Corks Member

Tough HeavyMen. Think I will ditch Selwood to Ablett this week, as well as Wright to Hodge/Thompson/Priddis to complete the mids.

Really interesting week for SC...almost makes it fun with the challenges that Roughy, Mundy, Selwood, Monty and the Magpie Bye create. Sandi still "2-3 weeks" off. Decisions and further injuries in next few weeks could decide Leagues, Overall, and even the car. It's Crunch Time for those that are Too Serious :eek:

18. Kewell

Kewell New Member

<blockquote>Quote from HeavyMen on June 13, 2011, 18:22
    Selwood delemia (assuming he's outed)

I have eight trades left & really just wanting to finish inside top 5000 (currently 6325 & may improve with 2240 this week)

8 trades left & so far have traded aggressively to firstly get in some missed "gold" rookies ( Smith. Hibberd & Martin) cover inj's JRoo for Rioli & Fisher for Sandi & upgraded for Ablett, Chappie, Hodge (?) & Dids (?)

With Geelong's byes in the SC finals I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on trading out Selwood if 2+ weeks is rec'd. Have cash left from Sandi tradeout (&#36;185K) which I was hoping to use for my last fwd upgrade. However I could get Boyd, Priddas or other prem. that doesn't have a bye in the SC finals.

Any advice welcome.</blockquote>

Well Selwood has been offered 3 with an early plea and you have a bit of a dilemma on your hands. Generally my rule of thumb is not to trade out premiums unless they miss more than 3 weeks. But I guess it depends on the make up of your side.

With 8 trades left and 12 rounds remaining, I'd be focussing on upgrading any players that you need to for finals. If that's done then I would consider trading him out. But only if you have no more upgrades required.

19. Fedor

Fedor New Member

Still have 13 trades and don't have Pavlich yet, so I'm considering trading Selwood out this week for him. 3 weeks plus the finals bye is too much for me.

20. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on June 12, 2011, 10:50
    Just kicking off a new thread for next week.

Was planning to trade Wright to Hodge as last midfield upgrade next week, but watching Hodgey last night he looked in woeful nick. Now thinking I might delay a week and go Thomas for a POD, or else go Scott Thompson or Priddis next week.</blockquote>

Hi Corks,

If you don't have Boyd or Marc Murphy they could be options you could consider.
    As they are playing real well. You cold also go for an MPP PLAYER SUCH AS O'Keefe or Sylvia who kicked 4 today.

21. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, it is interesting! I have Pendles, Krak & Dids plus Selwood (?) to cover.

Can do this with Darling, Mzunga, Jacobs & Hibberd if they all get a game. Hibberd played well so should be OK there. Am 2 upgrades away from a full side, 1 mid & 1 def but that includes JRoo & Dids as fwds. Thought Dids was ok today & really he has only needed his 2-3 goals the last few weeks, to be back in the 100s

Maybe Selwood can get off alah Juddy splitting Pavs cheek? Will be watching with interest over the next few days.