Getting Bagged Out

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Nick Riewoldt ge's bagged with his kicking. But I thought I would put this up, for all those haters, or those stupid commentators that bag his kicking. (PAV JUDD MAIN)
    (Stats from before this round)
    Nick Riewoldt = 14 goals (50%) 2.0 This Week
    Lance Franklin= 35 goals (51%) 4.2 This Week
    Adam Goodes = 14 goals (48%) 0.4 This Week
    Dean Cox = 9 goals (47%) 1.0 This Week
    Luke Hodge = 8 goals (47%) 0.0 This Week
    Joel Selwood = 7 goals (47%) 0.2 This Week
    Ryan O'Keefe = 5 goals (33%) 1.0 This Week
    Matthew Pavlich= 6 goals (32%) 3.1 This Week
    Lindsay Thomas= 10 goals (31%) 2.2 This Week
    Chris Judd = 4 goals (29%) 0.1 This Week

And we thought these guys were good kicks?
    Aaron Davey = 4 goals (40%) DNP This Week
    Daniel Rich = 9 goals (50%) 1.1 This Week

I'm not bagging out any of these players, because they are champion players, but I just think that it's unfair to Roo on his kicking, as there are just as good players out there with worse kicking. And I'm not disrespecting these players as I said before.

2. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Sainter love the stats but a better snapshot would be a tally from the last 3 or 4 seasons, as reiwoldt has had the tag for a while not just this year! Dont get me wrong hes a champ but his kicking and grandfinal appearances will always be a black mark against his name.

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Lethaldons, will get past season stats now

4. Corks

Corks Member

Right about Juddy though. Awesome week in week out, but consistently lets himself down in front of goal. Missed another set shot this week, in the 1st Q when blues could have got off to a fast start.

Hope it doesn't cost us the flag when he misses one in the dying minutes of the GF this year ;)

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Here's a couple from that list

Nick Riewoldt 2009
    78.47 (62%)
    Lance Franklin 2009
    67.46 (59%)
    Chris Judd 2009
    12.19 (38%)
    Matthew Pavlich 2009
    28.16 (63%)
    Dean Cox 2009
    8.7 (53%)
    Luke Hodge 2009
    10.5 (66%)
    Adam Goodes
    38.17 (69%)
    Aaron Davey 2009
    9.8 (52%)
    Daniel Rich 2009
    14.17 (45%)

Nick Riewoldt 2010
    39.34 (53%) (Hamstring inj)
    Lance Franklin 2010
    64.42 (60%)
    Chris Judd 2010
    14.11 (56%)
    Matthew Pavlich
    61.35 (63%)
    Dean Cox
    10.9 (52%)
    Luke Hodge 2010
    15.12 (55%)
    Adam Goodes 2010
    44.41 (51%)
    Aaron Davey 2010
    8.9 (47%)
    Daniel Rich 2010
    6.14 (30%)

BOTH SEASONS PERCENTAGE
    Nick Riewoldt/117.81 (59%)
    Lance Franklin/131.84(60%)
    Chris Judd /26.30 (46%)
    Matt Pavlich/ 89.51 (63%)
    Dean Cox/ 18.16 (52%)
    Luke Hodge/ 25.17 (59%)
    Adam Goodes/ 82.58 (58%)

So on, have to go, post the rest tomorrow.

6. whips

whips New Member

IMO.
    The guy's a superstar but he can't kick for goal. Throw any stat up that you want but my eyes don't lie.
    Those ones that he totally shanks from 45m that remain in the field of play don't appear in these stats.
    Out-on-the-full don't appear in these stats either.

As a Pie supporter in comparison, Cloke's stats look much better this year - but I still don't reckon he can kick. (Despite his 6.1 today)
    If you watch the games, (I reckon) Cloke has kicked more goals inside 10-15m than anyone else in the competition. Stats lie.

I repeat, the bloke (Roo) is a dead-set superstar. He gut runs, he's as courageous as anyone I've seen play the game (that mark against Sydney is the best I've seen), he has great hands, he's a brilliant clubman. Most importantly he plays the game in the spirit that all champions should aspire to.
    But he can't kick for goal.

7. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Hey Sainter, are you seeing a professional about you Lenny issues?
    Roo's great buy Whips is right. You can defend the indefensible with damned lies and statistics.

8. way2serious

way2serious New Member

whips has hit the nail on the head. Stats are not always correct. certainly when i see Roo lining it up i laugh everytime and expect a miss. sorry sainter he is a gun, no doubt in that, but he can not kick. He needs some tips of his cuz J roo i reckon he is unbeleivable in front of the big sticks :)

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Definitely Roo is a crappy kick for goal and can't kick, the aim of this Forum was not to try and say that Roo is a good kick, it was to say that there are other players out there too that have woeful kicking, like Judd, another thing with Roo, is one week he kicks 3.0 the next he kicks 1.3, than he kicks 0.1, and so on, he's inconsistent in front of goals. St Kilda need to look for another key forward, someone like K.Tippett. Roo leads too far up the ground to be our only gun forward, Kosi just goes missing, it should work like this.

Riewoldt marks up the ground 60-70m >>> kick to (e.g K.Tippett) >>> (e.g K.Tippett) marks 20-30m>>Kicks Goal

Therefore Roo doesn't end up kicking into space in the pocket so Milne/Schneider can kick miracle goals every I50, just doesn't work.

But on Friday Night I thought Roo's ball drop was getting better. I don't think he should get tips from Jack Riewoldt though, I say, get him down to Arden St to have a chat with Aaron Edwards :)

10. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

This year he is getting slammed more than in the past because he has a new kicking style which was meant to fix his already criticised old kicking style. The only problem is that when he now missing, he misses badly! Running 500m flat out to get the ball before having a shot for goal probably wouldn't help him either.

11. matto76

matto76 New Member

i dont think you can compare roo and buddy with judd hodge cox and co. Ones a key forward compared to a midfielder or ruck. You need to compare with the likes of a kennedy j brown and co. As the others aint really paid to kick goals as there primary job if they are in the possition to kick one well go right ahead but its usually tight under presure out a ruck contest compared to a lead up mark and a set shot for goal.

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

He misses set shots a champion of his ilk should get. Bit part of his game is needs to improve.

I still think he should be moved onto a wing permanently to play the rest of his career out there a la Matthew Richardson. He has the tank to run anyone into the ground and it much more effective as a link up man passing it to fwds rather than having a shot at goal.