Potential Expat League ~

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Thank god I'm playing you mate. That's a couple of free points if Gilbert keeps up his shocking form this game. Watching on delay so don't really know what is happening

2. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

@J in Japan. Won't tell you the result then. Was really tempted to make Cox my captain this week but went for Pendlebury again. I see you have the big WCE man as your skipper. Will I regret that?
    May the best man win...

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Geez Neil - even Didak would be a better prospect than Dilbert.

4. easty01

easty01 New Member

How'd we all go on the weekend? Some big upsets in the Expats so the league is wide-open.

After an injury resulted in an awful 6 points, I'm thinking of getting a t-shirt printed with the slogan "Mundy Happens" - and I can assure you it stands for sh*t happens rather than magic happens!

In other news, I'll be taking advice all week on how to select a captain as I still have no idea how to choose the right one. The last two weeks alone my dodgy captain choices have cost me around 250 points and 4 league wins. So feel free to get in touch, operators are waiting for your call...

@Bill - looks like the KOD might be waning. Or is it more a case of Ablett being KOD-proof? ;)

5. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

@Easty- I suspect it is Ablett being KOD proof. All the KOD bad karma went to Darling, Hodge, Goodes, Adcock, Selwood, Heppell and Dangerfield all spudding it up and Buddy and Fyfe performing below average.

I would have been better off with a spud from Ablett and the rest of them scoring to their averages.

Good scores from Goddard Gibbs and N Roo helped and hopefully can maintain their form recovery. Pav, Pendles and GAJ were all godsends, but had Cox as C which despite his good score was not quite "good enough".

I'm as screwed as a Bangkok back street Katoy this week with the Collingwood bye (Swan, Pendlebury) the Selwood suspension, Joey in doubt all causing me grave concern.

I must have done something really bad in the last month to get this sort of karma.....

cheers

PS: This weeks KOD is going to be dependent upon whether Joey plays or not. Stay tuned....

6. TerryinBangkok

Interesting round. Seems like every time I get through a hard round with a decent score my opponent knocks out a big one. Can't take a trick, but managed a draw and a win in the other TS leagues (Expats is obviously harder!!!). Anyone who had Boyd and no Mundy got the lollies this week.

Watch out for the Wall Street collapse when the NY Times hits the streets. Anthak finally has his team up and running and a huge gamble on Ryder came good.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Tib. No surprise that ryder's good scores have directly correlated with hirdy only playing 2 ruckmen... I was going to play Zach over Ryder until I saw that bellchambers was dropped.
    Hopefully he can keep it up now.

8. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

@ Bill, now that you've already given the KOD so many, the depth chart must be running thin. How about you don't trade this week to give us a good run.

In terms of our League, 32 is getting better and I'm in another @ 23. This difference is only 2150 avg v 2153 avg so a top 20 league is very achievable.

9. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

And on another note, Well done Anthak on 2456 for your 'mrs' team!!

Top 200 and ready to pull the trigger.

10. squidmanus

squidmanus New Member

Hi gang,sorry I havnt posted yet this season
    Freuromantle managed its lowest score of the season so far and I dropped 2000 places,so sorry if i screw up the leagues standing.On the weekend I managed a Mundy 6 point game and he dropped 50k!! 3 weeks ago i had the choice of bringing in Hodge or Ablett,chose Hodge (55 on weekend) to save some money,have lost about 200 something points so far with that idea. Montagna and Swan both out hurt me too. Now I have Selwoods suspension to deal with!

11. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Hey, Don't stress squiddy, the league is pretty tight and I'm sure like each week we'll throw out some ideas and advice to deal with these situations.

I got itchy fingers last round and thought Monyags might be out for at least 2, then with the bye, made 3 so I jumped the gun and am glad to have done so. I also did the Hodge over Ablett but you can't win them all.

Selwood is a real concern though, 4 weeks means that unless you are in the top 2 you can't afford to have him sitting on the bench as you'd lose too many points and likely lose wins.

12. easty01

easty01 New Member

@Freuro - great to have you on board ;) I share your pain re: Mundy and Hodge/Ablett

@J - good call on Montags... you dodged a bullet there!

13. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from J_in_Japan on June 14, 2011, 19:00
    And on another note, Well done Anthak on 2456 for your 'mrs' team!!

Top 200 and ready to pull the trigger.</blockquote>

Thanks J
    Pretty happy with that team. Finishing 13th is easily my best weekly finish in supercoach.
    Fwiw, I did win &#36;1000 for a round win in the Ron barrassi fantasy footy comp in the 90's. Not sure if anyone remembers it. Had to make trades on the telephone, and was expensive. Prob cost me more than a grand for the 2 seasons I played it lol.

14. TerryinBangkok

Selwood/Mundy owners who will come in?

This week i will be caught out as I have to fix my team before I catch a flight at noon tomorrow, so the whole Zac thing is a worry (mind you, I can always stick the EMG on Vardy because there ain't going to be anyone left on the other benches to stick it on).

Snoz is either sulking or busy in the Big Apple.

15. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

I have Selwood Tibby but I think I might hold off until next week and get Pendles. I was thinking of Ablett this week but with Zac out, the Smith/Ablett combo doesn't have the same feel to it. It is Ablett though so knowing my luck of the past 3 weeks, he'll pull out another 150+game and kick me whilst I'm down.

Using Vardy as an EMG is better than trading though. Many will be in the same situation but without Vardy or Tippett.

16. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

J, I have to do a trade this week or cop a zero (or a rookie score) in the mids. Candidates to replace Selwood are Bartel, Priddis, Mitchell and ROK.

Adcock is a concern now as well. And Z. Smith.

I just keep going from bad to worse.

Trying to focus on trading for players whose teams are playing in the league finals.

cheers

17. TerryinBangkok

Touched on a good point there J., which I confess I had not considered. Seems to be the prevailing view on the forum that Priddis/Kerr do so well because they are being served by Cox, while Freo's mids are suffering without Sandi. So how will Garry Jnr go without Z.?

At the mo I would think Pendles would be the first selected in any new team.

Recommend everyone look up their opponents for this week and see what they are going to have to contend with. Had me smiling for the last few days and the news on Z. is just the cream. Maybe more to come.

18. squidmanus

squidmanus New Member

I am bringing in Boyd and Ablett for selwood and mundy. 2 trades and 100g spending or so! I actually have boyd and ablett in DT instead of these 2 and i went up 1000 places instead of down 1000.
    Just hoping Montags is back in this week.
    on a brighter note for a Freo fanatic such as myself, Barlow is back this weekend. watch him tear the MCG apart.

19. TerryinBangkok

Good choices squiddy and I often 'trial' a few players in DT to see how they go before bringing them in to SC (Liam Shiels currently on borderline).

Barlow managed some impressive possies in the WAFL, but might take a few games to hit his stride. The most important thing (for him) will be when he goes at it full tilt without hesitating. Couldn't blame anyone for losing their mojo after such an injury, but looks like he will be okay.