Round 13 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 12, 2011.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Quantum - go for it! Bang, bang - dbl upgrade! Will improve your team sooo much!

Pwnsc - IMO Judd & prob ROK , but both could be a flip of a coin.

DC - Sylvia has a huge be, so I'd hold off on him if you can. And ROK is an interesting choice... I was planning to bring him in this week too but have changed my mind. If going for overall, he is a great choice I reckon, cause Sydney have quite an easy draw for remainder of season.. And if going for league, a strong case could be made for him too, as Sydney have bye on multiple-bye weekend, and they have one of the best draws over sc finals too... But something I realised last night is that they play gc on a league bye weekend, and I want to take full advantage of players playing against gc, so I wont be getting anymore syd or stk players personally. Sylvia a good choice IMO as Melb tick all boxes. Play gc, have bye in league bye, and have a good sc finals fixture... But they do play gc in the sc finals, and you gotta get there first.

This week I'm prob gonna bring in fyfe for mundy.

Does anyone have any gos on fyfe? I haven't been keeping a close eye on him, but have the impression he is an injury waiting to happen...
    Has he got his fitness and strength back? Is he too big a risk?

Can anyone fill me in on him?

2. turbo

turbo New Member

Wonder if Jack's return to Swans midfield will affect ROK's scoring? He was averaging 94 up until Jack was injured.

3. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Knowing ROK, I think somebody farting in the members could effect his scoring... but I have him anyway :p

Not much talk about downgrade options here? Who is on the bubble with some decent JS? Strauss and Howe contenders?

4. clackerz

clackerz Member

I'd steer clear of Chappy, not only injury cloud, but not scoring as expected...

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@DC - looking at Chaps because Fyfe and the Freo injury curse have me even more worried!

If I drop Zaharakis, what good MPP's are running around? Or should I just move Mzungu back to the mids for this week, and bring in a fwd for Zah's 300k plus my spare 50k?

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@ anthak - wouldn't you want a pure mid to replace Mundy instead of a DPP? I'd want Fyfe in my fwd line not my mids.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Possibly... Still considering that. But just want to get an understanding of his injury woes first...

Is he over them?

8. torcida

torcida Member

what if u got mundy but havent got enough $ for a premium mid (500+k) . think likes of boomer and fyfe would be 1st choices

9. thegob

thegob New Member

anyone know if adcock will miss gamea and if so, how many?

10. Kewell

Kewell New Member

<blockquote>Quote from thegob on June 15, 2011, 12:25
    anyone know if adcock will miss gamea and if so, how many?</blockquote>

Will be confirmed by Brisbane after the surgery today. I'd imagine 2-3 weeks.

Also hearing a rumour that Zac Smith may not play on the weekend. If true, that'll make it tough on sides still carrying Sandilands

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Or, torcida, who do one down one up and use the left over cash for an upgrade next week (or futher into the future) and don't settle for second best.

I was originally thinking of going:

Thompson - Tuohy
    Selwood - Ablett
    THEN
    Lower - Scotland/Enright next week.

However now I'm thinking of going:
    Illes - Dan Nicolson (or other non-playing M/D DPP)
    Selwood - Ablett
    THEN
    Lower - Scotland/Enright.

Option 2 allows me to open up (I don't have Hibberd/Heppell/Jacobs) M/D DPP which will not only cover the zero I'm going to cop if Bewick doesn't play (which he most likely will not) and sets up DPP for the season which is already seeming instrumental. Downside to this option is I lose bench coverage in Illes. However I still have some in Mzungu.

I know Nicholson has been dropped and may not play again, but he may play, and he is there for DPP mostly.

I'd really like some opinions of this if you could!

12. Kewell

Kewell New Member

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on June 15, 2011, 09:37
    This week I'm prob gonna bring in fyfe for mundy.

Does anyone have any gos on fyfe? I haven't been keeping a close eye on him, but have the impression he is an injury waiting to happen...
    Has he got his fitness and strength back? Is he too big a risk?

Can anyone fill me in on him? </blockquote>

I was planning on bringing Fyfe in a few weeks back, but went Rioli and LeCras instead. I've seen Fyfe a few times over the past month and while he looks a quality footballer, he also looks like he's one heavy knock away from missing weeks.

So I decided that I'd steer clear of him (and I've already got Pavlich)

13. Tino

Tino Member

@ Anthak

Fyfe's got a bung shoulder and the bye can't come fast enough for him.

Having said that, given the state of the Docker's list at the moment they are struggling to find 22 players week in week out. So, unless he's completely stuffed they will keep putting him on the park.

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Didn't think my trade through, it will still leave me with a zero in my midfield.

15. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

i have to hope that Bailey plays or else ill cop a doughnut in ruck with Smithy out

probably going:
    McKernan>Dalhaus/Howe
    Mundy>Boyd

16. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

Well I planned on trading out Heppell for Swan before Heppells price dropped even more but with Smith out Ive had to play Heppell. Apart from Smith does anyone know who else is missing this week? heard Adcock might miss too

17. NCJS

NCJS New Member

Hey guys, new member. Just a question, if in the top 100 how many trades would be enough this stage of the year? considering maybe only 1 or 2 upgrades left barring injury

18. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bundybastard on June 15, 2011, 19:32
    Well I planned on trading out Heppell for Swan before Heppells price dropped even more but with Smith out Ive had to play Heppell. Apart from Smith does anyone know who else is missing this week? heard Adcock might miss too</blockquote>

All of Collingwood
    Selwood
    Mundy
    Adcock
    Z Smith
    Renouf
    Roughead

19. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bundybastard on June 15, 2011, 19:32
    Well I planned on trading out Heppell for Swan before Heppells price dropped even more but with Smith out Ive had to play Heppell. Apart from Smith does anyone know who else is missing this week? heard Adcock might miss too</blockquote>

Adcock went into surgery today to repair a broken bone (finger from memory). They haven't given a accurate estimate on how long he will be out for. My guess is probably 1-2 weeks.

Selwood goes this week, need to inject some more quality into my side. Going for league, 185k in bank.

Mids:
    Selwood, Pendles, Swan, Murphy, Thompson, Heppell, Cross, Smith, Prestia
    Fwds:
    Fyfe, Buddy, Pav, JRoo, Goodes, Darling, Mzungu, Smith, Siposs, Richo.

Can I get thoughts on the following:

1) Do I offload Cross or Darling this week (Cross is now a tagging SC spud and Darling seems to have rookie blues)

2) Who do I get for Selwood - Ablett is the obvious choice, no more byes etc but this will affect who I can afford for Cross / Darling

HELP!

20. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

Embley at only 418K has to be considered, think I might trade Heppell for him and find the cash to get Swan next week