Round 13 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Golingo

Golingo New Member

@Tino - with 185k in the bank, I can't see you trading Mundy and upgrading Cross in the one round.

As for downgrading.. You could get J Howe if named, as he is on the bubble. Personally I'm leaning towards a downgrade in the backline to help fund a Mundy trdae and my next upgrade.

2. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Ok, I have Swan, Pendles and Selwood. Selwood has to go this week.
    I have seriously put Boyd on my next to do list for like 3 weeks. I was meant to get him 3 weeks ago, and keeps getting pushed back. I'm still going to get him, but I think I might have to wait.
    I think I might take Ablett now this week. Then might get Boyd as my last upgrade later on.
    So it comes down to Boyd vs Ablett this week. Can barely split them, I'm leaning towards Ablett at the moment though, as his BE is fairly low.

3. turly23

turly23 New Member

Hey dudes, just wanting to get some help if thats all good, I've got 130k in the bank and 9 trades left, currently ranked 8000 so time to focus on league, team looks like this

B: Goddard, deledio, gibbs, shaw, suckling, heppel, broughton (stanley, puopolo, batchelor)

M: Pendles, swan, mitchell, thompson, selwood, cotchin (iles, jacobs, smith)

R: Cox, smith (dericx, sandi)

F: Franklin, fyfe, sylvia, goodes, nroo, jroo, darling (howe, mzungu, knights)

Think I need to make trades this week as my team isn't scoring as well as i had hoped, would be wrapped with any help. Cheers

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I keep changing my mind - is that a good or bad thing?

Really need to drop Selwood, so its either Ablett or Boyd in for him - leaning towards Ablett.

Then looking at dropping Zaharakis (as a fwd) before his price plummets, and with the hope I make the GF. Who is best? Boyd and Rioli in, Ablett and Fyfe in, or just Ablett / Boyd and hold Zah for another week? Anyone else I'm missing???

5. JPK

@turly23 - you've got a zero in your rucks this week, which is going to suck for improving your scoring!

Unless you get lucky with some MPP action, you'll also have a zero in your mids. Personally, I'd drop Selwood (its just too much time out of the game), and look at Ablett / Boyd (like everyone else - there's plent of discussion here as to which is best, make your own choice from everyone else's thoughts!)

Good luck!

6. maaaark

maaaark New Member

Guys, just found this site......really interesting
    Hoping to get a little advice if I may; my first year of SC, and against my best intentions I've burnt too many trades and currently have 6 left with 0 cash in the bank. Not at all fussed about league, just want to get as high as possible (currently sitting 2100 odd after peaking at 850 2 weeks ago)

Team:

Fisher, Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Scotland, Heppel, Lower. (Puopolo, Markovic, McGovern)

Griffen, Sylvia, Bartel, Watson, Ablett, Cotchin (Pendlebury, Buckley, Hibberd)

Cox, Smith (Sandilands, Keefe)

Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, Bob Murphy, Hurley, Brennan, Jack Riewoldt (Lynch, Mzungu, I Smith)

In hindsight, probably went a bit over the top with MPPs & PoD.
    Anyway, should I save the remaining trades, or cash Sandilands in with someone like Ryder to avoid a zero this week and then have a little cash left for an upgrade next week - possibly H. Shaw for Heppel? In other words, go for broke?

Any help would be great! Thanks and keep up the great work.

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@maaaark
    You'll be copping a doughnut in your rucks if Keefe doesn't get uo and play, and I'm doubting he will, but he could be close. You could trade Sandi, but I'm not recommending Ryder, out of form, 1 good game won't mean it comes easy for him, and in the ruck he's coming up against Goldstein/Petrie, how about Goldstein ahead of Ryder?

8. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@maaaark
    You'll be copping a doughnut in your rucks if Keefe doesn't get uo and play, and I'm doubting he will, but he could be close. You could trade Sandi, but I'm not recommending Ryder, out of form, 1 good game won't mean it comes easy for him, and in the ruck he's coming up against Goldstein/Petrie, how about Goldstein ahead of Ryder?

9. maaaark

maaaark New Member

@sainter
    Thanks for that. Yeah not sold at all on Ryder, but my intention would be someone at that price range who is capable of big scores (his first 3 weeks) that I can switch with smith for the remainder on the season depending on form/opposition.
    Due to my lack of cash, I would want this trade to free up some money to use elsewhere. (hence not thinking Goldstein)
    Or else, I just save the trade, accept the ruck 0 and assess again next week.

10. torcida

torcida Member

maaaark
    ive got the same problem. feels like there is not much u can do.

i could downgrade sandi to griffin then play cox-smith-griffin for the rest of the yr.
    cant burn any more trades but if u get any LTI's u would have that money to pick the best..

11. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Is Adcock injured as well? If that's the case that might be another trade I have to consider. Probably a good thing looking at how he's going....

12. Fedor

Fedor New Member

I'm thinking about trading Duigan to Hurn. They've both got about the same breakeven and I really think Hurn can dominate the rest of the year. He's coming back into form and the eagles have an easy run home.

13. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

<blockquote>Quote from JPK on June 16, 2011, 02:58
    I keep changing my mind - is that a good or bad thing?

Really need to drop Selwood, so its either Ablett or Boyd in for him - leaning towards Ablett.

Then looking at dropping Zaharakis (as a fwd) before his price plummets, and with the hope I make the GF. Who is best? Boyd and Rioli in, Ablett and Fyfe in, or just Ablett / Boyd and hold Zah for another week? Anyone else I'm missing???</blockquote>

I'm having the same problem. I'm tossing up between Ablett and Boyd. I have been putting Boyd off for about 3 consecutive weeks now. Things keep coming up. But right now, Ablett makes more sense. If I go Ablett, I will get Boyd next week or in the following. At the moment, Boyds price doesn't look to change a great deal, and Ablett's BE is low, and has byes out of the way. So may go towards Ablett for now.

As for your dilemma about. On what you do with Zaharakis. Who do you currently have in your forward line, and who in your midfield?

14. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I'm stuck on the Ablett or Boyd chestnut for Mundy too.

My gut tells me Ablett. My financial sense tells me Boyd.

Last week my gut told me Ablett, and my financial sense told me Priddis (I went Priddis). As soon as lockout came around and I saw my opponent had brought in Ablett, I was petrified.

sigh. I don't know how realistic or relevant the Ablett durability and resting concerns are.

Flip a coin?

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

ummm, ruck discussion re Keeffe - Doesn't he play for Collingwood? He is going to struggle to get a game this week...

16. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I have 9 trades left and am planning to use 4 over the next two weeks to complete the team. The issue I'm having is, which should I do this week and which next week.

My mids are: Swan, Mundy, Selwood, Priddis, Swallow and Bartel

My planned trades are:
    Mundy > Ablett (this week)
    Selwood > Pendlebury (next week?)
    Lower > Shaw (next week)
    Darling > Howe (this week?)

Note I can afford to do the first 3 trades without the Darling trade, that trade is just to provide cash for the later rounds in case i want to bring Sandi back in etc

I'm now wondering though if i should trade Selwood this week and forego Howe for a Callinan or other unproven rookie next week. It might be better to bring in Boyd instead of Pendlebury and avoid having to use a bench player this week. Also if something happens this round, my luxury downgrade could be aborted for other needs. The more i think about it, the more i'm leaning towards Selwood > Boyd this week over Selwood > Pendlebury next week.

PS: Why doesn't formatting work on these forums anymore?

17. JPK

@HPCD - right this minute my team looks like this:

Backs:
    Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Heppell, Suckling, Martin, Pedersen (Shaw, Buckley, Toy)

Mids:
    Bartel, Embley, Montagna, Zaharakis, Wright, Jacobs (Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood)

Rucks:
    Cox, Griffin (Smith, Moran)

Forwards:
    Pavlich, Franklin, Harvey, Sylvia, Goodes, J Riewoldt, Darling (Prestia, Mzungu, Richardson)

Obviously this has been rearranged to try to maximise things with this weeks carnage, but my best 22 should be pretty easy to work out. My plan is to have Jacobs and Mzungu sitting on the mid bench to use as MPP's if / when required, but clearly this week was TOO much!

Now, taking out Selwood for Ablett or Boyd, and moving onto the field for Jacobs (or Tags if he doesn't play) saves me some pain, but what to do elsewhere?

I'm looking at trading Zah for either an MPP or a fwd (with Mz back in the mids - then maybe a swap with Pav to maximise points). Recently I've been thinking of giving Tags the flick for the other of Boyd / Ablett, so I can grab both this week on sideways injury trades. Worth the pain?

18. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I had a similar dilemma last week.

What I did was I got Fyfe last week, but got him in the midfield. This was just temporary, as I had some midfielders on the bench, then after that, I will move Fyfe into my forward line (which will be complete) and then move either Mzungu or Krakouer from my forwards or midfield.
    Then when Fyfe goes forward, I will make another upgrade to my midfield (probably Boyd).

I don't know about you, but I bought a MPP in the midfield just as a temporary move.

So basically I got Fyfe last week in the midfield, will get Ablett this week who I will bring in for Selwood and next week, will probably move Fyfe to my forward line, and then replace Fyfe's position in the midfield with Boyd.

You want to end with Mzungu in the midfield, so you could go Ablett and Fyfe, both in the middle, and next week switch Mzungu and Fyfe so Mzungu is in the middle and Fyfe in your forward line.

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are many out there without the Petrie-ruck connection.

So if you have Sandi-Cox-Smith-Keeffe/McCauley would you be trading this week or copping the zero? Or does it depend on your league game?

20. Corks

Corks Member

Has anyone heard details of how long Adcock will be out yet? My 5yo is trying to decide whether to trade him out or not.