Ash Cloud

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dirty_Whorks, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what happens to Supercoach scores should the games be declared drawn by AFL if cannot be played due to the ash cloud travel restrictions?

Though unlikely, any thoughts?

2. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Would all players just get 75 each? 3300/44 = 75

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Dirty teams would know in advance, the game would be rescheduled, nothing to see here.

Might see more road trippin' though!

4. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

To keep you up to speed: in the event of travel restrictions and teams not getting to matches, AFL have already said no rescheduling of games and they will be considered draws.

At present, Hawks vs GC is most biggest concern. Which is of course absolutely fantastic given my travel plans this weekend...

Or X, would they get their average for named players? If so, wouldn't mind Freo missing and they name Mundy ;)

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

in the event of a non-match all players would have to be given a zero - no stats and none were effective or ineffective, so no score...

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

All players named in the Big Test Icicles will score 200 points, and all players named in BTI opposition teams will score 0.

7. patash

patash New Member

hmm interesting, someone needs to find out!!! supercoach week from hell!!!

8. soothsayermatt

soothsayermatt New Member

Yeah - I posted something similar on BigFooty but no one seems to have an answer. I'm guessing all players will score a donut and we'll just have to wear the pain in what is turning out to be a disaster of a round before a ball has been bounced! You can't just make up stats to give them or work on averages - it will be a zero.

I know it's still unlikely with charter flights on call should they be required but it sounds like the most doubt is about travel in and out of Perth which puts the Eagles v Power and Dees v Dockers games in the gun.