Rough SC Team, 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Just thought of putting up a rough draft of my team for 2012, anyone here can post what you guys think will be your team (pending prices and co. ofcourse)

BACKLINE
    Goddard Deledio Shaw Adcock Symes Russell
    x4 Rookies
    MIDFIELD
    Ablett Murphy Pendlebury Boyd Barlow Hayes
    X3 Rookies
    RUCKMEN
    McEvoy Kreuzer
    X2 Rookies
    FORWARDS
    Pavlich Rioli Dawes N.Riewoldt Didak
    x5 Rookies

Hopefully Symes, Russell, Didak, Barlow, Kreuzer drop in price from there 2011 price.
    Not sure how cheap Lenny Hayes will be, hopefully less than 450k.

You can tell i take it seriously, anyone else have ideas on there 2012 team? Any players who have dropped in price you'll be looking at?

2. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

I reckon my first two midfield picks for 2012 would be Dustin Martin and Marc Murphy.

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Yeah Dustin Martin would be right up there, I'll be looking at Richmond's draw before I pick him up though, say if they have GWS, GC or Brissy early on or late then could be a good pick up, hopefull he doesn't get too expensive, suppose e'll be marking down him has a premium though

4. spudgun

spudgun New Member

Dusty, Fyfe and Ducky?

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I'm dirty with myself that I didn't pick up some of this year's cheapo's.
    i.e
    Stefan Martin (115k), Drew Petrie (215k), Dyson Heppell (150k), Matt Suckling (220k).....

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Anyone in favour of Edward Curnow as MID6 next year? Could be a premium at a cheap sub 300k price?

7. Tino

Tino Member

Dustin Martin and Marc Murphy are locks for me. Probably Ablett too.

I also think Pendles and Thomas are up for another big year. Barlow too depending on how far his price drops by the end of the year.

Think I'll be taking NicNat in the rucks - Cox is getting on and with another pre-season under his belt and a bigger tank I reckon he will have a breakout year.

I'm also going to be watching the off-season and pre-seasons of mid-priced forwards like Dawes, Westoff, Watts, Gray, Zaharakis, Didak, Tippett, Walker etc. There are always good buys in that range who can quickly become premium picks.

Although, Walker screwed me hard-like this year... Douche.

8. Sainter

Sainter New Member

He, Walker, I had Walker & Westhoff last year, and traded in Dempsey and Bower late in the season, big fails they were, sorta explains why i didn't even finish top 10,000, dont know where i finished to be honest, or maybe i just dont want to talk about it :)
    Kurt Tippett could be handy. It's going to be weird next year, no byes, I know i hate the byes but I'll miss them next year, because my reserves won't be needed, i'm considering making my 3rd reserve spot in mids, backs, forwards a cheap player at 91k......probably won't be needed, injuries and suspensions is all that will be worrying us next year, also the sub but now i think we know how to counter that... will miss the challenge, but increases the chances of a top 500 finish and if lucky a spare 50k in the pocket..

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Next year i think most teams will be better as we know to keep our eyes out for practice matches not only NAB CUP, as Ed Curnow from memory didnt play NAB and played the practice matches........next year will be getting most of the mature age recruits...

10. BigLance

BigLance New Member

Have been having a think about my mids. A Swallow has been great for me this year and i think i'll stick with him and possibly his bro next year. Ablett, Murphy and Martin are all on the radar as well.

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Yeah, A.Swallow has already exploded this year with some massive scores.....and he can only improve, he's still fairly young too....not sure about Dustin Martin because I think teams will tag him harder next year, but they have such a good midfield it's hard to chose him first out of S.Tuck, B.Deledio, D.Martin, T.Cotchin, N.Foley, R.Conca......to tag

12. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Murphy draft pick number 1 for my teams. Shiels a close 2nd. He is averaging only 88 on SC but 106 on DT and hopefully will stay cheap on SC. Fyfe and Mundy will need to be considered. Ellard POD.

I cannot see either Adelaide team providing anything exciting over the next 2-3 years.

13. tolla

tolla New Member

i was actually discussing this with my housemate last night (so tragic lol) and ive been thinking my first pick will be Marc Murphy followed by Matty Kreuzer.

14. PinkBatts

PinkBatts New Member

@Sainter, Tuck will be lucky to be on the list next year, Cotchin has still only had a limited pre-season, ditto Conca, 'Chuck' Martin thrives on physical contact, and can play forward, only the best of taggers on their best day will slow him down. Upside is if his possessions drop off his goals could go from 1.75 avg, to 2 to 3. What about your boy, Jack steven?

15. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

@pinkbatts... Jack Steven will be looked at in NAB next year with a view of making a few teams next year.

16. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Be good if martin is a DPP

17. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Next years team will definately have, Murphy, Martin, Pendles, GAJ, from the get go.
    Fwds, No(and I repeat NO) injury or suspension freaks, that means no Higgins(ever, ever again) No Chappy, No Franklin. Probably go with even more mid-priced Fwd line and I cant leave Fyfie out.
    Backs planning this to be the sacrificial lamb area of my team, Maybe 2/3 keepers depending on price and a whole heap of cheapies.
    A team of 300k players might be my wifes team next year.....

18. sheffield8375

sheffield8375 New Member

I'm thinking about a few guys who will be bargains in 2012 thanks to injury ruining 2011, in the same sort of vein as Big Cox/Kerr being cheap at the start of 2011 because injury messed up their 2010.
    Next year, Morabito from Freo will be back, shouldn't cost a lot, and could potentially be a handy pickup. Similarly, Phil Davis from Adel, his dodgy shoulder has stuffed this year, but assuming his shoulder gets fixed up, he's in the Crows best 21 for 2012, and should be a bargain.
    I guess the only risk is that buying guys who are cheap due to injury, you're probably running a greater risk of another injury...
    I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on injury-induced bargain hunting for next year!

19. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ Sheffield - definitely agree with you about Morabito - had a good debut season 2010, and everything I heard about him in the off-season said he was burning up the training track until he done his knee.

Will be cheap due to missing the season, so he would easily fit in most teams. Could end up becoming a really good POD next year.

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

martyg
    Adelaide, Matthew Jaensch for the crows in forward is 350k, 3rd year next year and i reckon he will be a better player next year, bit like a 3rd year version of Nathan Fyfe....Jaensch will be a ripper