Round 15 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 27, 2011.

1. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

I know alot of people will be looking to get Fisher in their backline, some might need to deal with Sandi. For me i'm looking at turning Krak into Cloke. Thoughts?

2. Corks

Corks Member

Think I'll hold out for a few more weeks. Sitting 2000th overall (so GAWN!) and top 8 comfortably in all leagues.

The number of injuries is really starting to toll, so I'm thinking trades in hand come finals might be well worth donuts and low scores now. Look at this week with Watson, Rioli, Sandi all new premium injuries.

Where's Demitriou's sub-rule injury stats now? Hardly a premium player left on the field Andrew, explain that? [End Rant]

3. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

im keen to get Trav in this week because he should score well against the hawks and i have a big league game this week, after that will probably sit tight till finals which im in top 5 every league (undefeated in 3) :)

4. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Grab Cloke with both hands.

5. badger

badger New Member

Darling out for Cloak. WC bye, and more often that not lately, I've had to field Darling. Should have done it last week, would have added nice 92 to this weeks score. Dohh!

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

Fisher comes in but for who though

Lower heppell bachelor toy otten or jacobs?

not 100 % sure but Jacobs n Toy r too cheap to make it what's everyone reckon?

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Fez
    I was about to say Josh Toy, but if you don't have the cash to free up to get rid of him for Fisher (will cost around 300k) then I would probably go Heppell, because you can see above how his scores have dropped since Hibberd has played. Heppell also has the bye in the SC GF, so I'm assuming you'll be looking to get rid of him sooner or later, I think Jacobs is too low like Toy to trade, and imo would be a bit stiff on Batchelor if you were to trade him out after a 91. Andy Otten's last 2 weeks have been great with scores of 104 & 131, I don't know his score this week but you will as he's in your team. Lower's bye is in the SC League Bye so if you're going for leagues then I think it would be good to keep him as he's averaging 80 too. Heppell also is going down price fast, so I think trade him off before he drops below 300k, it's not only that, as is above Heppell has averaged 58 in the last 3 weeks + GF Bye + Price Going Down I think that's your answer right there however it all comes down to how you see things playing out.
    Hope this helps
    Sainter

8. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Darling>>Callinan
    Buckley>>Fisher
    Does this sound reasonable, if I did this I would have around 15-20k
    in the bank and 5 trades holding for finals. This would be my side if
    I did the above tades on Friday.
    BACKLINE
    S.Fisher/Goddard/Newman/Suckling/Adcock/Gibbs/
    Broughton
    Lower/Jacobs/Golby
    MIDFIELD
    Swan/Judd/Boyd/S.Thompson/Montagna/Foley
    I.Smith/Winmar/Irons
    RUCKMEN
    Cox/McEvoy
    Z.Smith/Bailey
    FORWARDS
    Pavlich/StevieJ/Goodes/Rioli/Chapman/
    Sylvia/NRoo
    Tapscott/Callinan/Mzungu
    * Mids bench is week but have Mzungu & Callinan to go through there with MPP link.
    Thoughts?

9. malbi

malbi Member

Perfect time to get Swan if you don't have him.

10. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Yeah, Swan came out firing vs. SYD, played extremely well.

11. Fez

Fez Moderator

Sainter does help heaps thanks mate

12. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

Ok with the Saints bye out of the way, getting Fisher in.

I have a few rookies to cull: Puopolo, Stanley, Hibberd, Lower

I plan on keeping Lower as he faces Gold Cast this week and I reckon he'll make a good D7/Bench cover.

Stanley - his JS is great and would also make good bench cover. But is it worth trading him out anyway?

So that brings it down to Puopolo or Hibberd. Hibberd has MPP. Puopolo still has some cash growth in him. But how's his JS?

Please give you thoughts. Cheers.

13. DC

DC Member

No trades for me this week.

Really shouldnt have chased Sylvia last week but eh not much i can do now...

Will sit tight on 8 trades and carry Sandi and Rioli if they are only out for a month...

If Sandi is out for a year will be forced to use another trade.

14. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

Was planning on heppell to fisher for a few weeks now
    But because he played crap im 5 grand short, so now im stuck with a bad case of hep d

15. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

Who should I trade for Sam Fisher, Heppell or Duigan?
    Both have been playing consistently shit the past 3 weeks so thoughts would help.

16. Corks

Corks Member

@Alex it depends if you already have a Blue in defense (Gibbs or Scotland) then ditch Duigan. R23 Bye for Blues so better not to have 2 on any line. Ditto if you already have a Bomber (Fletch would be the only one I could imagine) and the R24 Bye.

FWIW, I prefer Heppell as an SC scorer to Duigan (Duigan is a better defensive player) so if you have none from either team and don't plan on bringing anoyone in, then I'd ditch Duigs.

17. Ditch Duigan Alex, he's still a couple of weeks away from return by my count

18. clackerz

clackerz Member

As others stated prol a good time to ditch Duigan - esp if you're in the mix for finals, a good reason to reduce the number of Blues players.

@DC - I don't think Sylvia was a bad option - I'll trade you my B.Green who I've had all year. I reckon if I make the GF and he's still so-so he'll go.
    That's if I've got the available trades.
    Also I reckon Sandi has to go regardless.....

I've got 8 trades and will look to bring in Swan - most likely for Harris.
    It was that or Fisher, but can't pass up the price Swan is at.
    It was always my plan to bring him in after the 2nd bye, but I never thought he'd be as cheap as he is.

19. clackerz

clackerz Member

@ PwnSC - do you have Heppell as well?
    I'd try and hold those that have MPP. It's become real important this year with the byes and needing cover.

20. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

<blockquote>Quote from clackerz on June 27, 2011, 14:14
    @ PwnSC - do you have Heppell as well?
    I'd try and hold those that have MPP. It's become real important this year with the byes and needing cover.</blockquote>

Nah mate. Traded out Heppell last weekend for Newman. But I have Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard and Hibberd in the backline plus Jacobs in the Midfield for MPP action. Would this suffice? I'm pretty sure Hibberd and Jacobs would be enough to help cover donuts and byes.

Otherwise, would bringing in Scotland help? Cheaper than Fisher and has D/M ability as well. But keep in mind, I am gunning for league wins and Carlton do have the bye in Round 23. On 8th place on the ladder. So really need to make it to the finals.