anyone v anyone??

Discussion in 'AFL' started by patash, Jun 29, 2011.

1. patash

patash New Member

if you had to choose 1 player to fill a whole team who would it be? eg 22 wayne careys v 22 jonathon browns??? which player would beat all others? ive pondered this and prob a little biased but i think cyril rioli would be right up there, creative,skillful,quick,great defensively maybe just lacks leadership but other than that possibly complete. who would you choose? lets debate

2. Football_Ignorant

Football_Ignorant New Member

Luke hodge for mine or gary ablett jr. Both blokes who can do it all and provide strong leadership to their sides

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Bobby Skilton
    Won 3 Brownlows, averaged more than 1 goal a game in his career, maybe 1.5 goal average throughout his career. Played for Victoria quite often too so a lot of experience, great on both sides of the body and I think would be a good leader. But is good leadership really needed for this? Really they would just be "leading" themselves ;).

Andrew McLeod
    Main position was Half-Back, but can easily play Midfield and Forward too, probably not the Ruck but a team of 22 McLeods would be great.
    Just wondering whether we could edit it a bit so we have 21 of the same player & a ruckmen as it's a little hard to find someone who could play in all positions, Ruck being hard to find someone who can play Forward, Back, Midfield and to add to that Ruck, is hard unless you choose something like 22 Cox's, although players like McLeod could outrun him.

Maybe being a little biased but Nick Riewoldt? Good forward but bad kicking, has the engine to go through the middle, could go down back and if Roo was your ruckmen in a team like this you wouldn't be too disappointed.

If we were to change it I'd have Simon Madden (I think that's the one) & 21 McLeod's, if not, I'd still go McLeod. :D

4. Muls

Muls New Member

If the 22 includes ruckman, I think that Adam Goodes would be the best, particularly if we can groom each player for different stages of their career, i.e having midfield Goodes in the mids, but the current CHF Goodes up forward and down back.

What a fun exercise..

Also, Pav might go alright. But for pure fun factor, 22 Cyril Rioli's would be something to see..

5. KissKiss

KissKiss New Member

I was going to say Pav, Hes played forward, back and in the middle. guess he could probably do ok in the ruck

6. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

Richo.

Imagine 22 Richos all yelling at each other :D The only problem is none of them would agree to play down back.

7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

lol @ jprockbelly

8. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from jprockbelly on June 29, 2011, 09:17
    Richo.

Imagine 22 Richos all yelling at each other :D The only problem is none of them would agree to play down back.</blockquote>

Hahaha true!

9. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

How about Heater? Directing himself where to go and yelling at himself the whole game. Amazing to watch a whole team running off or back onto their opponent at the same time. Then give themselves a spray. Would be a sensational event!! Of course going to the huddles and telling himself how to play every position and what he should have done or be doing might get a bit fiery.

10. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I was going to say Richo or the Rolls Royce McLeod

For pure humour factor nothing could beat a team of Robbie Muirs!

For 2011 players, with a ruckman, you could not go past a Lurch/GAJx21 combo surely.

All time is tough, but I would go with S. Madden and a certain W. Carey x 21

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

Goddard circa 2010.

12. LinearA

LinearA New Member

22 nic nats for me.

13. Hendy

Hendy Member

Goddard, easily.

14. Shagga05

Shagga05 Member

Goodes
    Hird
    Goddard
    All can play tall or small and do either better than most.

15. Fazz

Fazz New Member

Bit biased as well but Kouta circa 2000

16. sheffield8375

sheffield8375 New Member

I'm also a bit biased, but how about Brett Burton? Played forward and mid throughout his career, super endurance runner. Tall enough to play back, and has a good enough jump to pinch hit in the ruck.
    Most importantly, imagine the highlights reel of 22 Burtons!

17. tolla

tolla New Member

22 Dustin Fletchers!

go go gadget arms and legs everywhere!!

18. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

Ron Barassi or Teddy Whitten. I am sure they played in all positions.

19. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

22 Trevor Barker's... Would be no issue with salary caps & would know he would give his all out on the field and would die for the RW&B. No issue with him wanting to leave the club either... Imagine all the high flying marks each game!!!

20. Zander

Zander Moderator

I personally love the fact that this only one James Hird, One Wayne Carey, One Goddard etc. Its what makes the game exiting as every player has different strengths and weaknesses which coaches ar trying to exploit to help their team win...

For what its worth, I wonder how a team of Wayne Carey's would go against a team of Glen Jakovich's???
    I'd pay to see that...