Round 15 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 27, 2011.

1. clackerz

clackerz Member

OK, so you're covered with MPP's!
    Scotland....well I'd have him in a snap - usually, but the bye is placed terribly, so I'm giving him a wide berth - esp as the season marches on.

So if you plan and have good cover or trades if you want to go that way, then there's no problem.

Have a look at the others in your league. Those who will making the finals will probably be prominant now and have a loo at their teams.

Also use the Leagues function here, and track the other coaches trades. You can then guage how many trades each coach is using up. This may also help with your decision.

2. vaughan

vaughan New Member

Shall I trade Sandi this week or not? Have Cox , Sandilands Petrie and J Fraser in Ruck ... with K Tippett in forward line for MPP with Petrie . Get cheapest rookie ? or another ruckman...Please help

3. torcida

torcida Member

vaughan with that many options i would go for a rookie ruckman and use money somewhere else . petrie and cox prob the best ruck combo at the moment

4. 82asch

82asch New Member

@ PwnSC - I'm going Stanley > Fisher because Stanley has peaked in price and it really bothered me watching Heppell and Darling lose value before I traded them out. I do have plenty of coverage in my opinion with Otten, Puopolo and Lower on the bench plus MPP link with Jacobs in the mids (Deledio/Gibbs/Goddard/Carrazzo). I would look at Scotland but as Clarkerz has pointed out the Carlton bye is horribly placed. For that reason I would consider losing Duigan if I were you. My plan has always been to save two trades and move Carrazzo and Gibbs sideways into two of Enright, Hurn, Adcock or Suckling in Rd 23 (if I make it that far!)to avoid two Blues in the backline - Holding on to Duigan for too long might not allow you to do something like that.

5. 82asch

82asch New Member

Apologies got confused in there! Just realised you don't have Duigan PwnSC. Everything else I said still stands though and I would look at moving Duigan if I still had him!

6. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

Fisher is just too irresistable atm with his high average and no byes. But if I do get Fisher this week, it'll go against the saying of "buying low and selling high" - Fisher is high and Scotland has bottomed out.

Question: Does Gilbert affect his scoring at all?

7. theclaud

theclaud New Member

PwnSC sometimes rules are meant to be broken.

8. bfish

bfish New Member

I am one of those that has held Sandi, but think it's time to move him now. Have Cox, Smith and McCauley. I don't have the Petrie MPP option. Choices for me are bewtween Jamar (nice run home for the Dees - good POD), Jolly (byes out of the way and will build to the end of the season. Only concern is returning from injury) and Griffin (Scored well with Sandi out the first time, but will the Dockers drop him again come end of season?). Don't want either of the Kangas. Mumford would mean a ) this week. Jolly or Griffin would leave me with enough cash to bring Fisher in this week for Strauss or Jacobs. Jamar would mean it has to be Lower or Stanley. 4 trades left for the business part of the season after this week. I NEED to win the next few in Donors league to be any chance of making the 8, so I'm not real keen on holding trades etc.
    @ PwnSC - buy high and sell low is one philophosy to follow, but the bye has changed a lot of things this year. It means you have to look at other factors as well as price.

9. pjay79

pjay79 New Member

i have cox, smith, petrie and bailey in the rucks.

i downgraded sandilands in rd 11 and am now thinking of downgrading smith and running with cox/petrie/bailey and a dirt cheap non-playing rookie ruck. i can use the cash for 2 more premium upgrades.

anyone else going this path?

10. lukew55

lukew55 New Member

Hi guys, looking to do last two upgrades in DEF to complete my team. Who should I trade out and who r keepers u reckon?

Current DEF:
    Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Otten, Lower
    Stanley, Poops, Toy

By the way, I'm aiming for league win and sitting comfortably in top 4.

Thanks!

11. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Hey guys,
    First time poster, long time reader. I must say this site is fantastic! Im currently sitting 7,000 overall which i know isnt much to write home about but considering where i was early days(127,000), i feel i've come along way. My team is pretty much complete(Barring any injuries and suspensions, touch wood). My trades are very low but i feel i wont be needing them once my team is full of premiums and with the bye situation i have good enough bench cover to well cover for these stars. Im looking at kicking Sandilands to the curve this week and then upgrading Heppell into Fisher which will complete my backline.
    Sorry about the big write up i gave, just very excited to now be apart of it all!

Cheers guys!

12. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think Sandi will be traded out heavily this week... it was worth a risk hanging onto him but I think that faith is out of the window. Fisher is a good option, can't hang onto Heppell and trade someone else out? Great DPP in Heppell and you may need him for bench coverage.

13. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Only other options would be Jacobs from Port and Strauss from the Dees. Strauss has his bye in the Multi-Bye coming up and im more concerned about league than overall so i think Strauss will remain

14. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

@NumberWonGuns

Strauss and Jacobs have a lot of mooing to do still, Jacobs MPP aswell, Heppell has been in shocken form and is still 300k + so he is the guy to trade out out of those.

15. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Not trading until SC finals. Got 4 trades left and my team is pretty much set. You could say Rioli with an injury and Judd being tagged heavily are issues, but they are quality and will rise above it all.

Team reads like this...

B: Deledio, Fisher, Gibbs, Goddard, Shaw, Enright, Lower with Delaney, Batchelor and Hunt
    M: Boyd, Pendlebury, Judd, Ablett, Swan, Mzungu with Jacobs, Callinan and I.Smith
    R: Cox, Smith with Vardy and McCauley
    F: Pavlich, Fyfe, O'Keefe, Harvey, Goodes, Franklin and Rioli with T.Lynch, Richardson and Darling.

Pretty happy.

16. sheffield8375

sheffield8375 New Member

Hi Guys,
    looking for opinions. Given that his hammy is a 3 week injury, and the R24 bye, I'm trading Watson out. I don't have a great deal of $$, and I'm trying to hang on to some trades to cover finals byes, so I'm looking at a sideways trade (as opposed to going a downgrade to Callinan and upgrading Watson to Swan/Pendles). That being the case, I'm choosing between Dal Santo, Moloney, and the Pav.
    Incidentally, I'm playing for the league win, so Moloney & Pav's upcoming byes in the multi-bye rounds don't worry me.

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

@ Sheffield. Pav

18. obleex

obleex New Member

Hale, Lobbe or Bailey for Sandi?

(I also have Petrie up FWD.)

19. paul74

paul74 New Member

I'm bringing in Pav this week, Sandi can take a walk, albeit hobbling.

Anyone know anything about Brad Moran?

20. paul74

paul74 New Member

@obleex: of that trio I'd go for Bailey.

Although, I'll add at this point that I'm ranked 13,000 odd.