Trades remaining

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Pecks

Pecks New Member

I have made a few Noob trades this year which has left me with a full team but only 4 trades left. I am assuming I should leave Rioli alone regardless and save these for an inevitable long term injury. Agree?

2. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

It depends on your team, Pecks.

You'd like to have 4 in the bag but sometimes they're just sitting there when they could've been used. If you have good MPP coverage or you're sitting at the top of you league, then by all means trade away.

Just be mindful of the chasing pack. I think it was either Yamumluvsbigcox, Dirty Whorks or Impromptu that said those behind you on the ladder are going to try and negate your positives and attack you weaknesses so always try and have a couple of trades at least in case you need them for key moments during the finals.

I'm hoping you are actually in the running for finals after that.

3. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Depends where you're sitting on the ladder. If you're home n hosed to make the top 8 or even better top 4 then you can coast through and save them for the finals if you have cats/blues/bombers players. As you said you pretty much have a full team so you should be full strength and selling Rioli will be sideways anyways. He may just be the POD that wins you your close games come finals time. Plus if Gaz or Boyd does a knee, you'll be able to make the necessary trade.

4. Fazz

Fazz New Member

I'd hold him Pecks, with the multi bye round & Hawks bye in Round 17, he could only miss 2 games for you. Also the Hawks have a pretty good run in rounds 21 - 24

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Pecks I am in exactly your position, with a complete team and Rioli injured, 4 trades left.

I'm holding onto Rioli. Nobody massivley presents as a sideways target that is too good to refuse, and Rioli has a good run home through the SC finals weeks.

I reckon I need 2 trades during SC finals to sideways for my two Carlton players and the remaining 2 trades are for long-term (i.e. not coming back) type injuries. Rioli doesn't fit this category.

Apart from 2x WC players with the bye, McCauley and Rioli, everyone else in my SC team is playing this week. For mien that's good enough cover to cope with Rioli and his $$ being on the bench for a few weeks.

6. 82asch

82asch New Member

@ Jason read your post and thought your were talking about my team! Am in exactly the same position with full team and Rioli injured - four trades left. Two for injuries and two for my Blues to go sideways in finals.

The multi byes and Hawthorn bye mean you gotta keep Cyril in my opinion.

7. DC

DC Member

1 game clear on top of my cash league

1 Player left to complete my team

8 Trades left

Been nursing Montagna/Selwood/Rioli/Sandi

8. DC

DC Member

I wouldnt be using any trades if i only had 4 left. Especially with short term injuries unless you are CLEARLY struggling to make the 8