QLD - 7Mate not showing footy

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Midge001, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Guys, I'm at a crisis point. I live up in North Queensland but am from Victoria. Was all geared up to watch the Hawks V Pies match on Sunday which was scheduled to be live on 7mate...

I get home tonight to be told it was on the news that somebody or other has pulled AFL from 7mate. I can't find any info on it, so I'm hoping somebody else has heard about it and can fill me in.

Regardless of why, I need to vent. In every part of the country except Queensland, 7 are showing their coverage of the game. Up here, they are showing Foxtel's coverage of the Brisbane V Port game. WTF?>!!

Instead of the clear match of the round, I get the battle for the wooden spoon. And as it's Foxtel's feed, I have no option open to me to see my beloved Hawks.

What the hell is the point of having 3 networks covering the footy if one of them will leech off the other and leave a gaping hole in the coverage?

2. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Note:
    I'm going off second-hand info here, so if I've got details wrong I apologise. I'm just in a panic.

3. kyuss

kyuss New Member

I'm on the Gold Coast and started stressing when I turned on 7mate at 7:30 and no AFL to be seen. I flicked around and to my relief it was on 7prime, ch60. Not sure why the change.

Wish one of the Ch 9s would show the Legends game up here next week.

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@kyuss
    Any reason why your user-name is not clickable! ;) :D

5. kyuss

kyuss New Member

I didn't realise that Sainter, haha.

@Midge - GC + Lions games will always get broadcast in Qld ahead of whatever other match is on around that time. Majority of their games are fed back from foxtel too.

6. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Thanks Kyuss...didn't think about 7 Prime. All these damn remote TV stations.
    And yeah, whilst I get that they want to show the QLD teams to QLD viewers, I think that if Foxtel are already doing it it's up to QLD viewers to ante up and buy it.

7. weazel

weazel Member

i live in seq and a msg flashed up at 7.30 saying the football had been pulled and sorry for the inconvenience after they had been advertising it to go live all week. and what did they replace it with cheaper by the dozen ffs.

8. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Living in Tasmania we have an advantage because night games aren't delayed like they are in Melbourne. The one annoyance I experience is when the V8's are on. Instead of having the Footy on 7, the car racing is on and AFL is completely disregarded. What's the point of having all these extra channels running re-runs from 1970 when there are popular sports sitting there available to watch!