Donut Feast

Discussion in 'AFL' started by damnfunky, Jul 4, 2011.

1. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

Hey all. with adel, freo and melb having the bye I'm looking at munching 3 donuts this week in my FWD line. unless I trade, but I dont think I'Ii do that. how is it looking for you?

2. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

no donuts caused by byes for me. 2 in FWD, 2 in MID, 3 in DEF (on the bench with bye that is)

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Any word on Zac Smith? If he's down for the count we could see some munchies.

4. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

@Lucas he should be fine
    No donuts this week but looking at trading tho

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Will have quite a few dough-nuts this week and don't really want to trade with just the 5 left, but thinking I should just use my 2 this week and see how it pans out, no real finals worries with no NM, a 2 GEEL (won't have to worry about that if I win first round i'm top 4 most leagues), Judd & Gibbs from CARL, backup stands eith Lower + Mzungu/I.Smith so no problems there and no ESS so I don't need to worry a heap about finals so trades not a major issue, thinking I should trade this week.
    Barring Trades:
    1 MID dough-nut (unless Winmar plays) (no S.Thompson, T.Mzungu, J.Irons)
    2 FWD dough-nuts (no Rioli, Pavlich, Sylvia, Tapscott, Callinan)

Will need to make both trades up forward if I'm to have a 22.
    Might bring Lobbe into the forward line. Wondering if I should trade Rioli, I don't see the point of trading Tapscott + Callinan as will basically be getting rookies who score 50 so not worth it in my opinion however I still want a 22 this week. Rioli may have to go, thinking
    Tapscott>>Lobbe
    Rioli>>Any Forward
    Already have Goodes, Stevie J, Chapman, Sylvia, Pavlich, Nick Roo.
    I know Rioli has a great run home but if I trade him for say Franklin, then he'll effectively have a great run home too.
    Thoughts on this?

6. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

@sainter
    Buddy got the buy next week
    so is it worth it for 1 wk

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Only 1 up forward at this stage. Lose Broughton, Thompson & Pavlich and got Stanley/DuigAn & Curnow/Jacobs to cover def/mid and hopefully Richardson is named.

8. homerj

homerj Member

Will be facing 2 donuts in forward line unless Dids and Richo play! Lucky Homer likes donuts, mmmm! LOL!

9. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I need T Lynch to get recalled to avoid a donut. Since he was only rested I think he's a good chance to come back.

I could actually have a stronger team on the field this week. Get back Cox and Priddis and lose only Pavlich, Lower and Mzungu

10. clackerz

clackerz Member

I'll lose Broughton, Lower, Pav, Mzungu, Green, S.Thompson.

I'll need Lynch & Pissoff to play this week to only cop a single donut without having to trade.
    Got 7 left.

Really need to stay on a diet this week and not munch too many Krispy Kremes.

11. 82asch

82asch New Member

If Nroo is suspended and Cyril misses I will cop three doughnuts all in the forward line. Will also have no emergencies in mids.

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Will cop 4 dough-nuts if Riewoldt gets suspended and if Winmar doesn't play. If that's the case I may hold my trades and take the dough-nuts, I'm all leagues so won't hurt much. But the other option would be

Tapscott>>Lobbe
    Rioli>>R.O'Keefe

That will leave me with NO dough-nuts if Winmar gets selected (unlikely) & Nick Roo doesn't get suspended, if I end up taking the 4 dough-nuts then my score will be pretty weak, I'm already one of the lower scoring sides on TS as it is and I'll be looking at around 1900 most likely.

IF Nick Roo and Nick Winmar play then I'll probably use my trades to avoid dough-nuts and would leave me with 3 for the season. If I get O'Keefe then I'll have around 20-30k.

Broughton, Lower, S.Thompson, Mzungu, Irons, Sylvia, Pavlich, Callinan, Rioli & Tapscott.
    You could then add Nick Riewoldt & Nicholas Winmar to that list.
    Looks a horror week either way.

13. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

If Nick Riewoldt gets suspended I am giving up football and will go follow marbles as that's a more physical game!!

No chance Winmar will play Sainter. I know he's a kid still but have some major worrys about him making it in the big time...

14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

If Roo goes that is the only donut I will have, provided Z Smith plays...

15. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@stkildathunda
    yeah basically no chance that Winmar will play, thinking they may have picked him because he is related to the great Nicky Winmar? He has some talent but I think may lack some confidence...

16. nvsliz

nvsliz New Member

Possible doughnuts if rooey goes for a vacation (surely not after waite had no case to answer) and big Zach but ive heard he should be ok. Lynch back in will cover Roo so fingeeees crossed all good.

17. Fez

Fez Moderator

Unless ur going for overall no point trading

No donuts caused by byes but will have no E in defence

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

munching one up fwd with Dawes injured. Maybe 2 if NRoo gets done. If he does, RIP AFL - it will be a joke.

19. demonspud

demonspud Member

Currently no donuts, butlike other NRoo, but should be okay if T Lynch is back for GC and Z Smith right to play.

20. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

No Donuts thanks to choosing to hold onto Prestia.

I can swing Smith & Lynch onto the ground for Pav and Fyfe then Prestia will jump off the mids bench and I'll let Sylvia take a seat. I'll have only one reserve in the backs but I imagine this will still fare better than the majority of people.