Team Of The Round - 3476! (lol, jks, it was only 3170)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Silverback, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Silverback

Silverback New Member

good evening all,

well, in such a high scoring round I gotta admit I'm a little disappointed in this week's TOTR. To score 3170 you needed:

Goddard - STK - 161
    Petrenko - ADE - 140
    Broughton - FRE - 122
    McGrath - BRI - 121
    Fisher - STK - 119
    Carrazzo - CAR - 118
    Gibbs - CAR - 116

Ablett - GCS - 370 (c)
    Judd - CAR - 180
    GRIFFEN - WBD - 144
    Hodge - HAW - 142
    Del Santo - STK - 139
    Robinson - CAR - 135

GRIFFIN - FRE - 166
    McEvoy - STK - 141

Giansiracusa - WBD - 133
    Chapman - GEE - 125
    Schulz - PTA - 124
    Nahas - RIC - 119
    Waite - CAR - 119
    Pavlich - FRE - 118
    Lobbe - PTA - 118

bench of $91,700 no-namers with $106,200 in the bank.

(regular readers please note: once again, same(ish) surnames have made the TOTR!)

Last week's TOTR backed up with a fantastic effort of 2355 (dropped only 684 from 3039). The best follow up effort this year... So, if you entered the iScent comp and scored less than 2355 then:
    A) Maybe you're not very good, and,
    B) Maybe you should just copy my TOTR and save yourself the time and effort!

Some special mentions for repeat performances for the year:
    Fisher has now made NINE (9) TOTR's... the man is a model of consistency and should be in everyone's team...
    Next in the list of honours: Pavlich for his second consecutive and sixth overall. (and congrats for his 250th!)
    Other special mentions: McEvoy (Stk) for his fifth appearance and to Broughton, Gibbs and Ablett for their fourth mention.

My team had five members (Goddard, Fisher, Ablett, Judd and Pavlich), whilst the winner of the $1000 (with a monster score of 2784 - Sons of the West) had 8 make the cut...

Looking forward to this week's iScent results - I scored 2532 (and well and truly belted my arch rival in that comp).

some more interesting (well, maybe) stats:
    percentage representation in TOTR's thus far:
    Carlton 9.7%
    Fremantle 8.5%
    Hawthorn & Kangaroos 8.2%
    Collingwood 7.3%
    St Kilda & Sydney 7.0%
    Geelong 6.1%
    Western Bulldogs 5.8%
    West Coast & Richmond 5.5%
    Essendon 4.2%
    Adelaide, Gold Coast & Melbourne 3.9%
    Brisbane 3.3%
    Port Adelaide 2.1%

Anyway, good luck with your team and don't forget to get a team in for the iScent comp.

Take care,

The Silverback

PS I think my team next year will be called The Chrome Domes and will be full of nude nuts: Ablett, Judd, Chapman, Cooney, Green, Mil Hanna, etc.

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I had 8 make the cut in my score of 2386.
    Goddard, Broughton, Fisher, Gibbs, Judd, McEvoy, Chapman & Pavlich. Those guys scored 1200.
    1200/2386 with Pav as Captain. That's more than 50% of my team (which would be 11 players), rests into 8 players, goes to show how much i rely on my big guns week in week out. Well, team is called Guns & More, i guess the more aren't that great, well, not that great on breaking into Silverback's TOTR at least! Well pretty happy with 8, scored 398 less then Sons of The West with the same amount of TOTR players.
    Cheers Silverback, been waiting for this.

3. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Great post Silverback & getting more stats in every week to make it a great read.

I managed a PB with 9 of the TOTR players in my team on the weekend. God, Broughton, Fisher, Gibbs, GAJ, Judd, Hodge, Chappy & Pav.

I'd like to put it to the test & place the TOTR in the iScent comp - but the byes bugger that up.

I'm gunna have to make mine up again & hope for the best but haven't had much luck picking a decent squad to date. I think your arch rival is at a disadvantage given your skills at tracking players & getting a team in under $10M

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I also thought that this week would break the record and was surprised it only got 3170.

5. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

I think everyone (including me) thought this one would be a bigger week becasue of the huge scores we all had, but there is often those big player socres in the TOTR the difference is they usually come from more obscure player not players like judd GAJ goddard and griffen who many have in their team (and picked as captain). Also huge personal scores came this week becasue so many 'premiums' actually played like premiums and tonned up meaning everyones teams had the bonus of the huge scores plus a solid base with few players spudding it up. Whereas the TOTR had the normal range of just above 115 in the fwds and def to 140's (other than the four mentioned above).

Personally I had goddard, broughton, Gibbs, Judd, GAJ (C) and Pav. While my iScent team only had broughton ablett pav and Giansiracusa.

6. RV

RV New Member

Mil Hanna ftw! Gold!

Makes for interesting reading for sure.

I really need to get Fisher into my backline, but atm I have a full gambit of players including my emergency and a mpp (m/d) midfielder!

7. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Lol @ Mil Hanna

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Silverback - excellent as always!

Do you reckon you could post a list of the best 15 players - in terms of TOTR appearances
    Thanks

9. Silverback

Silverback New Member

@ anthak...

WHAT?!? Am I some sort of a DJ taking requests??? Who do you think you are??? You didn't even say please!

lol... just kidding. :)

Here we go:

- 9 appearances:
    Fisher
    - 6 appearances:
    Pavlich
    - 5 appearances:
    Fyfe, Goodes, McEvoy, Roughead & Scotland
    - 4 appearances:
    Ablett (Gary... not Nathan), Brennan, Broughton, Cloke, Cox, Deledio, Gibbs, Griffen, Harvey (Brent... not Robert), Johncock, Johnson (Steve - Geelong), O'Keefe (the one from the Swans... not Carlton), Pendlebury, Petrie, Swallow (Andrew - North Melbourne), Yarran and Dunstall.

That's 23 players in total...

However, a couple of these blokes missed out on spots in the TOTR due to salary cap restrictions... you could add another mention to the following:
    Pavlich: 7 (up from 6)
    Ablett, O'Keefe & Petrie: 5 (up from 4)
    Birchall, Goddard, Grundy & Swan: 4 (up from 3)

Also, in round 12, Fisher missed the cut by 1 point so maybe if he'd done his hair, had a shave or pulled his socks up evenly he could have got another point and cracked it for 10 appearances! Seriously, how good is this guy? He's effectively been one of the top 7 defenders 10 times out of 13... (if only I'd had him since round 1).

my team has 7 of the top 23 listed... (would be 9 if you add the 4 omissions in Birchall, Goddard, Grundy and Swan to the squad of 23).

kind regards,

The Silverback

10. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I have 8, but 9 if you count R.O'Keefe who I want to bring in this week. Anyway, Dunstall is in there, surely Lockett too?!

11. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks heaps mate. That's fantastic!