Options, Dilemmas, Headaches

Discussion in 'AFL' started by blueyzarzoff, Jul 6, 2011.

1. blueyzarzoff

blueyzarzoff New Member

Need some feedback.....I have 9 trades left and $160,000 spare.My team is as follows.......

D/ Deledio,Goddard,Gibbs,H.Shaw,Broughton,Heppel,Puopolo,Hibberd,Duigan,Pedersen.

M/
    Pendlebury,Boyd,Ablett,Swan,Judd,Mitchell,I.Smith,Mzungu,Jacobs

R/
    Cox,Sandilands,Smith,J.Tippet

F/
    Goodes,Franklin,Petrie,N Riewoldt,Pavlich,Fyfe,Krakouer,Lynch(suns),Matera,C.Richardson

Looking at Fisher into Def, ROK into Fwd.
    What to do with Sandi? Keep or flick, if flick ,looking at Lobbe(mpp)with an eye on flicking Petrie for 1st week of finals...which brings Smith into the equation....what a fiasco!!!!
    Looking at possibly 1 more trade in either Def or Fwd.
    Currently sitting top in all leagues bar 1 where I am 5th....WHO and WHEN to trade.
    Slightly incoherrent but reflects my state of mind at the minute....thoughts anyone

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Looking at your team you are very strong in MPP and in remaining trades. Also think you have identified who you need to bring in to finish the team. With so few Cats and Blues, also in a strong position for finals (you might even be able to risk benching Judd and Petrie if Mzungu keeps performing).
    Your trades however, centre around what you decide to do with Sandi. If down, Lobbe the option. If sideways, McEvoy, Goldstein or Griffin the options.
    Depending on available cash after this trade (1), you could do Heppell to Fisher (or Suckling after the bye) (2) and Matera to ROK (preferably after bye as you already have Goodes), or Cloke (3), leaving you with 6 trades.
    Good side, nicely set up and should run well in finals.

3. blueyzarzoff

blueyzarzoff New Member

Thanks TerryinBangkok, much appreciated.True, the ruck trade is the defining trade for me, hopefully Zac can stand up from here on in and I like the idea of cover come finals with trades to burn. Opponents gambling on the 1st week of finals, having traded in Goldy for Sandi while also having Petrie in the fwds.....seems a solid option with the double chance for those finishing top 4, but also may have to play another week if you lose....which could mean using more trades.
    Think I'll get more points from trading in Fisher/Suckling and ROK than Mcevoy/goldstein.

4. blueyzarzoff

blueyzarzoff New Member

It's done.....out:sandi..in:lobbe ...and 310k