Round 16 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jul 4, 2011.

1. jibba

jibba Member

Jolly has hardly missed games in the past, I think Mick hinted that he would ruck by himself without Wood for the remainder of the year.

In my books, it's a no brainer. Zac Smith (gonna score a lot less with Gorringe and Fraser in the side) to Jolly (will average 90 at worst)

here's the article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/darren-jolly-return-bonus-for-collingwood-in-easy-victory-easy-against-hawthorn/story-e6frf9jf-1226086711570

2. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

hey good point jibba i never really considered jolly but i guess one reason he wasnt scoring that well earlier in the year was because he was carrying that injury? what we've seen is that guys who ruck by themselves usually score big. At the moment ive still got sandilands and smith so could probably go either of them to jolly.

on callinan theyve said its only a slight strain so should only miss the one week after the adelaide bye

3. jesters

jesters New Member

Im thinking of upgrading Z Smith this week but i'm tossing up between either getting a ruckman only (such as Jolly, Leuenberger, Mcevoy or Goldstein) or doing a double trade and getting petrie in my ruck and lobbe in my forward line to have that link. What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated.

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@jesters
    I think Smith>>McEvoy, you may think i'm being a bit biased but McEvoy's form over the last month or so has been extraordinary averaging 128 over the last 5 games and 132 over the last 3, this week he takes on Port Adleiade with only Matthew Lobbe in the ruck, and if he gets 141 against Goldstein, just imagine what he'll get against Lobbe!?!?! This week versing Lobbe, the next week he'll have a tough one with Cox +NicNat, week after Jacobs, week after Fraser/Smith so could have some big games coming up. His B/E is low, so if there's a time to get him this would be the time I would think, will jump over 500,000 next week.

5. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

righto guys need some quick advice. i went bigish last week with a 2430 odd with coxy and priddis on the pine and still carried sandi as well.

got half a dozen trades left, ranked 2000 odd and in top 4 all leagues but need to keep winning. my squad is strong and i reckon i can cover the last few weeks and finals with say 3-4 trades. i want to upgrade Lower -> Fisher and Heppell -> Shaw to complete my squad and serously looking at Sandi -> Lobbe this week to allow these two gun trades to happen.

im worried about Fisher and Shaw going up next week and considering doing the Lobbe & Fisher trades this week even though i dont need to. Shaw next week.

is 3 trades left from round 17 enough?

6. Comeback2011

Comeback2011 New Member

Guys, apologies if this is obvious but are the stats updating this week - anyone not have Round 15 scores factored in on the stats page??

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@comeback2011
    Walesy has no internet I believe. That's why there was no real round review, the stats haven't been updated due to no internet. First thing's first. Life without the internet freaking sucks! (See start of review), thinking that may be related.

8. Comeback2011

Comeback2011 New Member

Thanks Sainter

9. torcida

torcida Member

its good when u dont have 2 worry about trading or who 2 make C ;)

10. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

<blockquote>Quote from swerva3 on July 5, 2011, 23:23
    righto guys need some quick advice. i went bigish last week with a 2430 odd with coxy and priddis on the pine and still carried sandi as well.

got half a dozen trades left, ranked 2000 odd and in top 4 all leagues but need to keep winning. my squad is strong and i reckon i can cover the last few weeks and finals with say 3-4 trades. i want to upgrade Lower -> Fisher and Heppell -> Shaw to complete my squad and serously looking at Sandi -> Lobbe this week to allow these two gun trades to happen.

im worried about Fisher and Shaw going up next week and considering doing the Lobbe & Fisher trades this week even though i dont need to. Shaw next week.

is 3 trades left from round 17 enough?</blockquote>
    Hard one to answer as It depends on your list! iI.e. if you have 2+ guns that require sideways due to finals byes (ie Judd, Petrie, Watson, chappie etc) then I'd want 4-5 for finals. If you in the mix for a top 4 finish I'd play for the double chance but don't hamstring your finals campaign early ( like I did last year!)

11. Midge001

Midge001 Member

<blockquote>Quote from swerva3 on July 5, 2011, 23:23

is 3 trades left from round 17 enough?</blockquote>

I wouldn't worry too much about Fisher and Shaw going up in value. Shaw should only go up by a few thousand this week unless he scores a monster. Fisher will go up by 14k or so, but Heppell will go up by about 12k to offset it.

12. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

Not Round 16 trades related but was looking through the stats and thought of something...

Is it a good idea to have a good DEF/FWD link? I have excellent MID-FWD + MID-DEF links. But adding DEF-FWD would be a good dimension to the team to help cover byes and injured players. Thoughts?

I was thinking the best DEF/FWD link to trade into would be bringing in Talia (played his first game with a 97) and Grundy (bit inconsistent but should be great as a floating backup defender+forward)

13. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@PwnSC
    I reckon that's a good idea, and worth it too. Talia started very well, also, that was 92/97 points whatever it was in crappy conditions, was pouring rain and all, still managed a solid score. Grundy is inconsistent but can pull out massive scores too, so a Grundy/Talia link would be good I think if you have the trades, make sure that you will do this only if you NEED it, sometimes people just want a link like that but will never use it and find they needed those extra trades they wasted on a link like that. Other than that I think it could be pretty handy

14. whips

whips New Member

@PwnSC
    I agree with Sainter as I have been following Talia's progress thru the SANFL and last week.
    I will be trading in Talia but I already have Bob Murphy so I had half the link already.
    I WOULDN'T be getting in Talia AND another F/D just to set up the link. Grundy and Murphy aren't worth it.
    Further, if your team has plenty of M/F and M/D links as many teams do, I think the D/F link is overkill. IMO there are better ways to use trades.
    As a downgrade option, with Talia you can choose the best FWD or DEF to cull but that's as far as I'd go.

15. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

Awesome feedback. Thanks for the enlightenment.

And following on from that, what do you reckon of Talia's JS? Play out the whole season? Wear the green jacket?

16. whips

whips New Member

I like Talia's JS. He was a high draft pick, moves well and finds the ball. I reckon the Crows will want to get games into him.
    The reports thru the SANFL were positive and I liked his game against Sydney.
    It's an outsider's opinion but I'm more than happy to bring him in - even if I didn't have the link.

17. 22nd_best_on_Field

I dont think murphy, or Grundy are worth two trades (assuming you bring in talia aswell) just to open the link, the other option is Hurley from the Bombers, but same story not worth two trades to get in.

I have Spud S. Mckernam on the Bck bench and will give talia another game then will look at getting him in as there are only a few good downgrade targets getting around at the minute and it opens up the link Def/Fwd for cover off the bench.

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@22nd_best_on_field
    I think they already have Murphy/Grundy and are only using 1 trade for Talia

19. 22nd_best_on_Field

@ sainter, Im referring to PwnSC’s post who said he’s looking to bring in both Talia and grundy,
    If you’ve already got grundy/murph/hurley, then talia’s MPP makes him the ideal downgrade option, but apart from that I don’t think they three mentioned above are goning to finish season in top 10 players Fwd/Bck lists so not worth the a doubble trade
    cheers

20. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

Yeah, gonna scrap the idea of getting Talia and Grundy. Was just a thought. I guess it would be good if you have plenty of trades.

Thinking of getting Scotland and Lobbe this week. And, yeh yeh yeh, I know Carlton have the bye in Round 23. Gibbs is my only other Carlton player But I am in a tough work league and kinda struggling to cement my spot in the top 8. Then after this round, team is complete, will sit tight and enjoy the ride.