need ruck help

Discussion in 'AFL' started by skiddy, Jul 6, 2011.

1. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Yeah good advice Sainter (first time I have read your posts due to the former signature turn off factor).

I still think J Griff at $387K is waaaay better value than former spud McEvoy at nearly half a mill. But I really need Sandi officially declared 'gone for season' to make this possible.

Guess I'll just bite a big one and bring in the big Mac, but he's just one of those difficult to like players for me. You sure your not just pumping him up coz he's a Saint ?? ha ha

Mumford and Jamar are the other 2 I am considering...anyone have thoughts on these two v McEvoy?

2. silacious

silacious New Member

I would take Mumford over Jamar anyday. Mumford has cracked out a few big scores this year, he has a BE of 154 this week, his price is good at 428K

3. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Very silacious advice. Think I'm convinced on Big Mummy, but will wait this week as price drop is on the cards, besides he might just go and thump someone again coz he has a brain the size of a pea!

The Rd 19 bye doesn't worry me as I am only looking for League wins now.

4. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

With only 5 trades left for the season. Is it worth bringing in Lobbe for Z.Smith or Vardy? so I can move Petrie into the rucks. My rucks are my weakest position, with Kreuzer and Z.smith on the field and Vardy on the bench. Thoughts would help

5. silacious

silacious New Member

i would keep Z smith if your going to pick up Lobbe, not alot of difference in points, trade vardy out for lobbe would be better and give you MPP link

6. DC

DC Member

Alex

I would keep Smith as well if you are only looking at lobbe

7. whips

whips New Member

@ Alex
    I would trade Z Smith and keep Vardy. Given that your plan is to move Petrie into the ruck, the one you keep will only sit on the bench. You may as well pocket the extra $100K+.
    The risk is the JS of Vardy and Lobbe.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from TheOnion on July 7, 2011, 11:01
    Yeah good advice Sainter (first time I have read your posts due to the former signature turn off factor).

I still think J Griff at &#36;387K is waaaay better value than former spud McEvoy at nearly half a mill. But I really need Sandi officially declared 'gone for season' to make this possible.

Guess I'll just bite a big one and bring in the big Mac, but he's just one of those difficult to like players for me. You sure your not just pumping him up coz he's a Saint ?? ha ha

Mumford and Jamar are the other 2 I am considering...anyone have thoughts on these two v McEvoy?</blockquote>

The reason McEvoy &#36;495K is because he is the in form ruckman of the competition.
    He is also the 5th ranked ruckman of the competition based on averages(4th if you have a min games played off half the season) & 4th on total points.

Griffen will only be worth a trade if your planning on trading him out again when Sandi comes back as they both wont play.

Are you sure your not clouding your judgement on Macca cos it seems you dont like any of our players?? (just guessing that cos how else good you say you cant seem to like him or he is a spud. He's only 21 years old, much further ahead then most ruckman of same age)

9. whips

whips New Member

Spot on SKT and Sainter.
    This week for me - Smith OUT, McEvoy IN.

10. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

How about Sam Jacobs?

Adelaide does have relatively good SoS in the ruck division

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@PwnSC
    Sam Jacobs would be a good POD (sort of), but he has the bye this week so you're planning on him next week, right?
    I like Sam Jacobs as a pick, just &#36;388,500 and averaging 89 overall + 103 over the last 3 rounds. Coming off a few solid scores with 82, 110, 118. Looks to be Adelaide's #1 Ruck for the remainder of the year also, with Sellar used in defence when he plays, Moran only getting a game here and there, Kurt Tippett playing more forward & Ivan Maric a bit out-of-favour. Sam Jacobs easily their #1 Ruckmen. So I think would be a good POD selection.

12. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Some ruck news for Lobbe that is probably best suited here. Great for his JS!

<blockquote>Young ruckman Matthew Lobbe, who has impressed since coming into the team for injured veteran Dean Brogan two weeks ago, has retained his place.

Primus committed to playing Lobbe for the rest of the season in spite of Brogan's availability, and said the 22-year-old's performances over the next eight weeks would have a bearing on whether the club looked to recruit an experienced ruckman for next season.

"Lobbes has showed he's capable but two games is a lot different to 22 games for the season. Over the next six or seven weeks we'll get a better indication," he said.

"You make yourself pretty vulnerable if one of those guys [ruckmen] gets injured or they get tired during the season, so we've got to balance that up.

"The great thing about playing young kids and giving them opportunities is … three weeks ago when Broges went down [people were saying], 'Port have got a massive hole in their ruck', but over the last two weeks Lobbes has been pretty important to us and certainly given us a great contest in the middle."</blockquote>

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle
    /tabid/208/newsid/118104/default.aspx

edited: ts forums don't like long URLs

13. Lion24

Lion24 New Member

Having some trouble this week. Two problems, I want to move Petrie from the rucks to my forward line so I'm planning on getting Lobbe but I'm sure who to get rid of, it's bettwen Darling or Dawes. Was set to get rid of Darling but I'm not sure if Lynch being suspended will possisbly help him.

Second problem is that I want to trade out Smith for Cox but I'm afraid that if I wait till next week Smith's price will drop & I'll have less money to bring Cox in.

I'm only going for a league win :)