Round 16 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jul 4, 2011.

1. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

@PwnSC I've had spud McKernan and Hurley all year and they have saved me one donut for the year.

Looking at their scores, and Hurley's injury it wasn't worth it and I agree with 22nd's conclusion.

2. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

ok all, im seriously thinking of doing a sideways trade, one and only for the year, i will be using two more trades to finalise my team, this will leave me with 4 trades left, with 2 rounds to go then finals, so is it worth it?? any thoughts would be great

s thompson
    to swan

3. highlando

highlando New Member

Supercoach Dilemmas:

Trade in Scotland or wait for Lake to come good?

Trade out Corey for Montagna?

Discuss.

4. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from highlando on July 7, 2011, 16:24
    Supercoach Dilemmas:

Trade in Scotland or wait for Lake to come good?

Trade out Corey for Montagna?

Discuss.</blockquote>

Lake out, Corey hold

5. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

Thoughts on this trade guys
    Krak>gilbert
    Want to get in before he goes up &
    Hitting some form?

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Dave80
    Risky, but his 100+ last week was very good and still cheap as chips. St Kilda has a good draw so hopefully can generate some good run of the Half-Back line.

On Sam Gilbert, I seriously can't believe that Gilbert's available as a forward anyway, SC just put him there because Ross Lyon said he would play up forward, +2 Half-games inside the forward 50 and suddenly he is available as a forward - what a fail that was :D, even when guys like Paddy Ryder who actually play 50&#37; of the game up forward aren't available there.

I'm glad the Gilbert-plan didn't follow through, it would be adding another crap kick in there (I mean come on, we already have Nick!)

Anyway, on that trade, I'd give it a thumbs up as a POD selection

@highlando
    Agree with griff, out Brian Lake, keep Joel Corey.

@dazza
    Scott Thompson? You can't get rid of anyone else? I'd say no to out Scott Thompson, but yes to bring in Swan, in the end, if you really need to than go for it, I know you said one and only sideways for the year, but I just don't think it's worth trading Scott Thompson for him......

7. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Guys is it time to get rid of pedersen, thanks to his effort on nroo, he is now listed as starting fulback on travis cloke, was pretty happy with his scoring as a fwd but dont see hime scoring 80plus in defence

8. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I think this is the round when I roll the dice on holding Sandilands. My ruck lineup is Cox, Z Smith, Sandilands and Keeffe. I need a downgrade to fund upgrades elsewhere, and Z Smith seems the ideal choice with his high BE. That leaves a Smith > Lobbe trade my preferred option.

Will make me reliant on Lobbe getting games until Sandi returns.. and then reliant on Sandi returning strong in time for finals.

That's the gamble, what do you think?

Team below, going for league win and currently equal 1st and 12 points clear of 4th. 7 trades and &#36;108,700.

Deledio, Gibbs, Shaw, Goddard, Broughton, Stanley, Heppell (Strauss, Pupolo, Otten)

Swan, Pendles, Murphy, Boyd, A Swallow, Priddis (Hibberd, Jacobs, Smith)

Cox, Z Smith, Sandilands, Keeffe

Franklin, Pav, N Roo, ROK, Sylvia, Fyfe, Yarran (Mzungu, Lynch, Richardson)

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Golingo
    I think the gamble may be worth it. You're cemented in the top 4 easily, and you have plenty of trades (7) remaining + already money in the bank adding onto the extra cash from Smith-Lobbe looks great, your backs aren't done but with the 300-odd k that you'll have if you follow through with that downgrade, then they could be finished with a very strong side. Think it's good to get Lobbe, as many of the Port fans are suggesting on this site is that Lobbe will play until the end of the season because of Dean Brogan's end of year retirement so they'll need to get more experience into him. He came to the club as a key forward and will probably play up forward too even when Brogan returns from injury so his JS looks good.

Although if your looking to trade Smith and hope that Sandi comes back and fires, I heard that turf-toe takes a while to recover from, happens a lot in the NFL......

10. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I should have also mentioned I'd likely upgrade one of my backs to Fisher with the cash. Leaning towards Stanley or Hibberd in that regard.

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Sounds good , Fisher = 113ppg has been great this year

12. bjd85

bjd85 New Member

OK, I think I'm going to be bringing in Lobbe this week, but my question is: which player do I trade out to make room?

My rucks at the moment are Cox, Griffin, Fraser and Derickx.

Option 1: Fraser

Pros: Downgrading Fraser means I cash in the modest &#36;70,000 he's made over the year, combined with the extra cash that gets freed up by picking up a relative cheapy in Lobbe. I still have 3 upgrades to complete, so this cash is a big plus.
    Cons: I still have Derickx getting 0s on my bench, leaving me with a three-man ruck division.

Option 2: Derickx

Pros: I have four playing ruckman which is good for coverage, and I have two of them making good coin (Griffin and Lobbe).
    Cons: I'll lose about &#36;90,000 upgrading the base price Derickx to Lobbe.

I think it's very possible I'll go through the year not needing a fourth ruckman at all, but I was wondering what you would do if you were in this situation?

13. Golingo

Golingo New Member

If you see my trade thoughts in this thread towards the end of Page 5, I've decided the downgrade of Smith to Lobbe (leaving Cox and Lobbe as my playing ruckmen until Sandilands returns) is my preferred cash-cow trade this week. A risk, to be sure.

I want (need) to bring in Fisher down back with the cash made. Upgrade options for Fisher include:
    Stanley
    Heppell
    Puopolo
    A Otten
    Hibberd

Ottens price may have peaked, but his recent scoring has been impressive is probably my preferred keeper. I think I would be leaning towards Hibberd or Stanley. Using Hibberd will trap Heppell on the bench in my midfield with Jacobs, and only playing defenders (Goddard, Gibbs, Lids) as my links back.

A penny for your thoughts, oh Serious one's..
    Thanks!

14. bama

bama Active Member

Astro, Goodes is value and always has the ability to pump out some big scores mixed with some low ones, you take the good with the bad. I was going to go the Pav when he was at his low point 3 weeks ago but jumped on Dangerfield instead, what a bad call that has turned out to be!

I have 6 trades left and wasn't going to trade again until the finals but Giles is killing me in R2. Should I this week go Stephenson to a 94k rookie (need maximum cash) then Giles to Jacobs? With the price changes next week I will only just have enough cash to do it this week. The last 4 trades will on really be for injury at this stage and I have bench cover in most positions.

It will leave my team with 4 trades left and at it's best:

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Birchall, Dempsey, Drummond, M Johnson (Malceski, Spurr)

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Pendles, Watson, Rockliff, Barlow (Gibson, Crozier)

Rucks: Kreuzer, Jacobs (Campbell, 94k Rookie)

Fwds: Franklin, O'Keefe, Sidebottom, Martin, Lewis, Dangerfield, Chapman (Zorko, Smedts)

Save the trade or do it while I can and 4 trades will be enough from now on?

15. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Cashing in Giles myself - that's who I'm getting for Pav via forward/ruck swap.

Jacobs has a sweet run home and is undervalued compared to other ruckmen, and he's a one man ruck force at the Crows, unlike Nicnat/Cox Ryder/Hille etc, thus most of the ruck points are going to him and him alone.

Think your team is set with Malceski's good form on the weekend and the Johnson/Smedts swap you have set up to cover injury/general soreness.

4 trades is skinny but you are pretty much set. Good luck with it.

16. bama

bama Active Member

Thanks Astro, I was planning on taking the 6 trades to the finals but if Giles keeps stinking it up and the other rucks keep preforming i'm going to miss the boat. The way my side is set up I should have cover if I get an injury and if its a LTI hopefully it's a sideways trade because I have no cash!

17. silacious

silacious New Member

@astro.
    A mate Mfed me into getting goodes straight back after injury when i was going to wait a couple of weeks. He is definately value.
    For myself i need to pick up Pav, he has been doing great the last 5 weeks, he also has Melbourne this week. I can't choose between pav and dangermouse who has GWS

18. RV

RV New Member

@sila - gotta think long term too. Crows have a good run home.

19. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

Broughton to Yarran anyone? You make a tidy &#36;100K and possibly a helluva lot more points in the run home.

20. bama

bama Active Member

I would do the Broughton to Yarran trade if I had Broughton and spare trades. After Friday night I wished that I had of traded Malceski for Yarran but Mal came in and did the job!