Horrid Luck

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 11kgm, Jul 10, 2011.

1. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

This is getting bad i brought in gazza goes down with a knee, few weeks ago brough in cyril did the hammy, brought in smith plays like shite whats with this luck anyone else had it this bad?

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

See: meataxe on Round 16 underway, page 1, bottom

That's bad luck for you 11, Gary Ablett scores just the 19. It could be season over for the little master. Good luck to him to get a quick & effective recovery and come back the same player.

I'm happy in the slightest, a pretty bad week for a few teams, for me too but at least i don't have Gaz. Please tell me Dirty Whorks went Buddy as Captain over Ablett?

If Quiche ended up bringing in Wilkinson he may be a happy man, Wilkinson scoring 83.

Rory Thompson looked very good on debut against the swans tonight, with 16 touches, 7 marks, 4 tackles & hit-outs. May consider a Z.Smith>>R.Thompson if he continues getting games.

Not good for me with going Jared Brennan (77) ahead of Ryan O'Keefe (121) only to free up cash. But with Ablett out surely he will score more in future, I did pick him as a POD and to ride his high & lows with a stern look on my face and jump with joy when he knocks up those 150s. May also mean more attention from oposing players with the Ablett exclusion.

I think Wood is Good has to be hot favourite from here on, with Goddard as M7, can replace Gaz with ease, just a swap with Gaz onto the bench, I guess he may go after a solid midpricer to free up a little cash to strengthen up depth elsewhere, as other top sides might have to trade Gaz straight out and waste a couple more than Wood is Good needs to.

I'm not having a great week, 896/11/McEvoy (11 including :donut: Winmar).

3. Soda_Bull

Soda_Bull New Member

Deledio, Birchall, Raines, Adcock, Gary (C), Isaac Smith, JRoo, Chappy all disappointing. A couple more average scores too, is it POSSIBLE for this round to get worse? St Kilda hopefully will bring home majority of the 3300 Cap and help our teams out a bit with Fisher, Goddard, Gilbert, Montagna, NDS, McEvoy, Roo...........How disappointing was JRiewoldt though? As soon as Hurley got smashed he should've gone sprinting up the ground right to the contest to get as much distance between he and Hurley as he can, because he then will be free, Hurley wouldn't be able to catch him with sore lungs/ribs sprinting the full space of the 'G'...... thinking a little too much about goals I think, although they probably need him to have that mindset with their lack of options......

4. Soda_Bull

Soda_Bull New Member

Oh and Collingwood should take majority of the 3300 V North Melbourne as another "one-sided" game. Shaw, Reid, Swan, Thomas, Pendlebury, Jolly, Cloke, Davis......

5. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

is anyone else thinking Jroo to Jbrown, only problem both bye rnd 19 waste of a trade maybe?

6. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

No Ron. I'm thinking JRoo to anything at the moment, and that's even taking into account that he has GC next week.

Injured or not, considering that I cant use noobness as an excuse any more, bringing him in just because he was 350k at the time has been a disaster.

7. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

I traded out rioli for Jroo only too bring back rioli just before his second rnd of hamstring injury thought it was genius at the time :(

8. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Who would be the obvious trade for Gaz? I traded out selwood when he was suspended but now thinking Of bringing him back if Gaz is out for a prolonged time

9. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I did likewise Quantum, and am thinking the same / GAJ to Selwood for mine (win the first week of finals and its all good!)

10. meataxe

meataxe Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on July 9, 2011, 22:21
    See: meataxe on Round 16 underway, page 1, bottom

</blockquote>

lol I was absolutely anti-social for 2 hours after GAJ got subbed, turned the GC-Syd match off straight away, left the house and moped around like an ass on the streets!

Anyway, even though I knew I was pretty much out of the running for overall, I still had a glint of hope at the start of this round...that hope is now well and truly crushed. Sometimes you have a feeling that things are not meant to be (eg Geelong were not meant to win the 2008 GF, and you felt that when Mooney missed the set shot at halftime)...this is it for me. Cue is in the rack for me for 2011 and I'll be cheering Impromptu, DW and any other TSer from the sidelines.

11. jibba

jibba Member

Bad Luck to all who traded in Ablett, I never had him so my nightmares of missing his 185 can stop now.

To all those thinking of trading Selwood back in, surely he's a no with the BYE still to come?

If I had Ablett, the clear option has to be NDS! I have him and he's a POD? Only in 5&#37; of teams?

No BYES left, Saints won't rest him as they need him to push for finals.

Take my word how you will, I have both NDS and Selwood, but If I was trading one in this week, it would have to be NDS.

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@meataxe
    lol, anti-social for 2 hours :D -.-

@jibba
    If they're going for leagues and they don't need PODs then Selwood would be the way to go. Selwood still has a bye but it's in Round 22. That's the semi final and top 4 teams that win in the first round skip the semi. So I'd say Selwood (next four weeks easy EASY draw) if you're top 4 but If you're looking for overall/gain-ground-on-leaders/4-8th/13-16th then go for Nicky Dal. -.-

13. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

I had gazza captain sh!t who should i replace gazza with? 4 trades left now i have to get rid of him this is going to be tight

14. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

Gaz may not be out for season of course. May just be a 1 or 2 week jarring issue. Seems a minor injury on the replays this morning. Though he may be mothballed for next year by the suns brainstrust.

15. nvsliz

nvsliz New Member

@Quantum, Dal, S.Thompson, Priddis or Selwood. I gave Selwood the flick too, im going Priddis, all 3 of those boys have good runs home

16. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Well bugger my stupidity for getting carried away being just inside the top 2000 & thinking I might try for top 1000.
    3 trades left & now no GAJ & have now put good finish in league finals, at risk as well.

Can only imagine how the top 10 guys are feeling (those with GAJ). I tell you what - if Cadel falls of that bike I'm getting booked into a white room!!

17. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

Frustrating, I've patiently benched Selwood and was looking forward to him returning as a sensational POD. I reckon all my league rivals will trade into him now GAJ has gone down.

18. patash

patash New Member

@hudsonfysh same situation as you

19. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Lobbe is doing poor against the saints i will just let you know who i am going to get next week so you can avoid

20. Fez

Fez Moderator

Pendles vice Gaz captain grrr also 3 scores under 35 in my fwd line lucky it's not a league week