AFL quality

Discussion in 'AFL' started by mark, Jul 11, 2011.

1. mark

mark New Member

Anyone else jack of the shit games we've seen this year, its a comp it seems for the top 4 and not much else.

2. scarrgo

scarrgo New Member

seems to be lots of one sided games.
    Just look at the %'s of the top teams on this years ladder. Are they higher than usual?

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Agreeing that the top teams are sorta great and the bottom teams are shite, but when it comes to the teams in betweeen, like West Coast, Sydney Essendon etc you just never know what they are capable of...
    I don't think that it's only the top 4 though, I think talent runs through most clubs between 1-6, then between 7-12 or so, they're all fighting for a spot in the 8, Like Western Bulldogs & St Kilda, we didn't expect this did we? I definitely think if either of Bulldogs/Saints make it, even if they just squeeze into 8th spot in the last round, can push for the premiership, they've been there before, they've been deep into the finals series...They still have practically the same line-up from the last 2-3 years. I think Geelong & Collingwood are the main sides for the Premiership. This is how I rate teams with their chances ofa GF win.
    #1(s) = Collingwood & Geelong
    #2(s) = Carlton & Hawthorn
    #3(s) = West Coast
    #4(s) = Sydney, Fremantle & Essendon
    #5(s) = St Kilda & Western Bulldogs
    #6(s) = Melbourne

Personally I don't think Melbourne can even challenge for the GF, if they even make it that is, Hawthorn, fremantle & Essendon I think will get hurt in the long run with all of their injuries, which I think may catch up with them. Hawthron have still been doing well via youngsters (think Savage, Smith, Shiels), Fremantle need Sandilands in order to push, likewise for Essendon, they won't be able to do it without Watson, not to say they are one-man teams...more that they need Sandi/Watson for their structure... Essendon's midfield doesn't flow as well as when Watson is there, and Fremantle needs Sandilands in the ruck, although Griffen has been doing a good job, what would teams fear more? Sandi or Griffen? Sandi, without a doubt. I think Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney, West Coast, Carlton, Hawthron are the top 6, and have a gap between the other sides. Melbourne, Richmond, North Melbourne are too young for it. Although being a Swans fan yourself Mark surel you belive in your Swans? Injuries may play a big part this year come finals time. So I don't think it's only the top 4, I'd say there are 6 at least including the Swans and Eagles....

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@scarrgo
    Higher than usual, Collingwood's definitely, Pies average winning margin is 57 points! But the inclusion of Gold Coast have given the top sides easy wins to boost percentage.

5. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

bombers vs geelong last week wasnt bad!! bombers again vs richmond this week wasnt bad either 4 goals down 3rd qtr and come back??

6. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Considering AFL has the salary cap, it's amazing to see the impact of quality draft selections, player development, and superior coaching personnel.

7. torcida

torcida Member

most of our games this yr have been good 2 watch - even the losses ;)
    sorry sainter freo have no chance

8. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@torcida
    That's why they weren't in the 6 that I labelled contenders, I'll say it again, in order, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawks, Eagles, Swans.