Finding decent forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by homerj, Jul 19, 2011.

1. homerj

homerj Member

Hey all,
    Hope I'm not jumping the gun a bit because Lucas might address this issue in his 'Best Buys' this week but I wanted to discuss finding a decent forward.

Maybe it is just rd 17 where all the defenders did really well but I look at my defence and think I can rely on most of them to to ton up and I have back-ups like Poops and Pedersen who score reasonably well.

My forward line on the other hand has been the bane of my existence since the start of the year. I am relying on both of the Riewoldt spuds as my F6 and F7. Back-up in my forward line is also a bit thin with Didak being a spud, Richo not playing, and then rookies only as fill-in (Mzungu/I Smith, Howe). Think a lot of people are in a similar situation to me.

So what do we do about it? I already have Buddy, Fyfe, Pav, Goodes and Sylvia along with the Riewoldt clowns. I have Petrie in the ruck but with no link to forward line and not going to do this seeing as then I won't have a ruck 2.

So who else could I get as a forward? I have narrowed it down to ROK (inconsistent at times), Rioli (same plus probably will be hearing another TWANG from him before the years out) or Cloke (quite expensive and up and down also).

Does anyone else have any other ideas for a reliable forward. I don't want to get Stevie J or Harvey or the likes due to finals byes as I am going for leagues.
    I am sure I am not the only one in a forward pickle!!

:?

2. demonspud

demonspud Member

I'm thinking PODs, and their run homes:

Neon (unique can he continue form?)
    Lecras (has easy games coming up)
    Sylvia (back in the mids does well, in the forward blows)

Someone to replace Jroo....

3. DC

DC Member

Lecras has an awesome run home.

Last 3 weeks have been rather poor though...

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Looking at the ticker, a Hawks or Saints forward looks like the way to go, the problem is who?

I'm actually looking at bringing in Fyfe (although he has a bad ticker) to keep the points ticking over - is this worth the trouble?

The other option is Heater down to Talia, and then JRoo / Darling / Prestia / Richardson to Grundy / Bob for some coverage.

Not sure which way to go. The more I think about it, the harder the decision becomes!

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Okeefe has been a machine this year so has to be top of the list.
    Chapman seems to be very average this year.

You could look at Sam Gilbert, seems to have turned the corner and with Gwilt gone for next 12 months is my tip to go back to his old role (which Gwilt was doing). MEans theres another 90-100 points up for grabs each week.

6. DC

DC Member

Shaun very interesting re Gilbert...

I would like to move on JRoo from my team and have looked at Gilbert who has picked up his game in the last month but feel its a sideways trade

7. DC

DC Member

JPODs run home...
    18 Richmond Etihad Stadium · ·
    19 Melbourne Skilled Stadium · ·
    20 Gold Coast Skilled Stadium · ·
    21 Adelaide AAMI Stadium · ·
    22 Bye · ·
    23 Sydney Skilled Stadium · ·
    24 Collingwood MCG . .

8. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

No thoughts about Cloke at all?

9. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

could neon see a benifit (as in PPG) from this collingwood betting thing? with team restucture to cover shaw?