Round 18 trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by damnfunky, Jul 18, 2011.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Is Fyfe worth bringing in, or is he too much of a risk (young kid, shoulder, poor ticker)?

Currently have:
    Pav, Buddy, Harvey, Goodes, Sylvia, Zaharakis, JRoo (Darling, Mzungu, Richardson, with Prestia in the mids bench)

If I stay away from Fyfe, who should I bring in, need to strengthen my fwds. And who do I drop (looking at JRoo, Darling, Prestia, Mzungu, and Richo)

Cheers ;)

2. DC

DC Member

Team changes...

Moved to the bench are Howe, Mzungu,Iles onto the field Franklin, Rioli and Mitchell...

Not bad ins this week.

Trades out Shaw in Fisher

3. saborn

saborn New Member

@JPK I've been saying all season that I'd stay away from Fyfe, even choosing Rioli over him as an upgrade (We all know how well that worked out)

Ultimately, he might only have one good shoulder but he keeps performing and scoring well.

Just makes you think how good he'll be next year if he can get it right

4. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from JPK on July 20, 2011, 00:35
    Is Fyfe worth bringing in, or is he too much of a risk (young kid, shoulder, poor ticker)?

Currently have:
    Pav, Buddy, Harvey, Goodes, Sylvia, Zaharakis, JRoo (Darling, Mzungu, Richardson, with Prestia in the mids bench)

If I stay away from Fyfe, who should I bring in, need to strengthen my fwds. And who do I drop (looking at JRoo, Darling, Prestia, Mzungu, and Richo)

Cheers ;)</blockquote>

Pretty sure ROK has a better run home than Fyfe.

5. JPK

Looking at the ticker

Fyfe - fwd - cool, cold, cool, avg, avg, cold, avg
    Fyfe - mid - avg, cold, avg, cold, avg, cool, avg

ROK - fwd - avg, bye, avg, cool, cool, cold, hot
    ROK - mid - avg, bye, avg, avg, avg, avg, warm

Interesting... The bye ruins it for ROK and getting as many overall points as possible, but he has a hot and no cold on his ticker. Fyfe has a lot of cool and cold, but is 5ppg better (to now).

ROK is &#36;15k cheaper and on the way down, while Fyfe is on the way up!

The more I think about this the harder the decision becomes

6. DC

DC Member

Yep! If you were only going for league win I would get ROK. But overall points obviously Fyfe

7. patg654

patg654 New Member

Thinking about bringing in Fyfe this week for Sam Iles - making him my M7 - and then swinging him forward to play F7 instead of NickVoldt.

I only have the three trades left but it covers Chapman and Petrie's finals byes, as well as Boyd in R20.

Would like an idea of whether this is a good idea!!

Oh and: should I play Z Smith, Riewoldt, Fyfe or Chapman [if I make the above trade]?

8. Peterj

Peterj New Member

I am bringing in Fyfe this week, have plenty of cash, 5 trades remaining and a ridiculously poor N Reiwoldt, will not be starting N Roo next year.

People may say its chasing last weeks points, I think its chasing a whole year worth of points. When Freo lose, Fyfe seems to be the only consistent standout.

Current FWD line is:

Franklin Pavlich Goodes Okeefe Reiwoldt Petrie Chapman
    Rioli Dalhaus Richardson

Fyfe will come in to be my swingman in to the middle when a midfielder has the bye or is injured.

Please advise thoughts on this trade ???

9. Alleiak

Alleiak New Member

I'm thinking the same Pj. Fyfe comes in to replace Mzung as swingman and covers(for me):
    R19 - ROK,
    R20 - Boyd (swing with Krak or callinan)
    R21 - Harvey,
    R22 - Chapman,
    R23 - Judd (if no trades left, aim is to have 1)
    R24 - Possibly NRoo if he doesn't improve

Current forwards: Pav, Buddy, ROK, Chappy, Harvey, Nroo, Sylvia,

10. phil_nev

phil_nev New Member

Does anyone know when Mundy is expected to return? Have held onto him for a few weeks but he is still listed as 4-5 weeks away. Not sure if he is worth holding?

Wouldn't mind catching the Bartel bandwagon this week, would free up some extra cash for upgrades elsewhere also.
    Thoughts?

11. weazel

weazel Member

mundy listed as 4 weeks still

12. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from JPK on July 20, 2011, 00:35

Currently have:

Cheers ;)</blockquote>

That's the same predicament I found myself in last week. I weighed up Fyfe, Chapman and ROK as upgrades for Darling and decided on Fyfe. So far, very happy with my decision. :)

I would recommend you do the same by trading Darling for him and keep JRoo as your emergency.

13. jesters

jesters New Member

who should i get, newman or broughton?

14. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

@ Jesters,

Broughton

15. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Looking to do a double-upgrade next week to bring in Fisher and Ablett, which would finish my team (and leave me with only one trade).

To make those upgrades happen, I need to D/G this week - I'm looking at Heppell vs Hibberd?

The difference in cash won't make a difference and I likely won't need to play whichever one I keep (barring widespread general soreness).

I'm leaning towards getting rid of Hibberd because he scores lower but Heppell did have a couple of 60's a few games back...

What are your thoughts / who would you trade out?

16. JPK

@Canada Blues - Obviously both Hibberd and Heppell are MPP(M/D), have you been using them as such? While Fisher is purely Def, and GAJ purely Mid - will you be D/Ging to another MPP or not?

If you don't need the cash, I'd be dropping Hibberd, as Heppell has a better average and currently doesn't have injury concerns like Hibberd does.

Who are you planning on dropping for Fisher and Ablett? Both have poor BE's, but if the guys you want to drop completely tank, it may end up being more expensive to wait a week!

17. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Thanks for the feedback JPK - I was looking at downgrading to Talia. I don't have another D/F link but I do have enough D/F and M/F links (see team below) that I can cover some outs if necessary.

My upgrades were going to be (Break-even in brackets):
    Puopolo (25) or Pederson (37) to Fisher (159) &
    Iles (45) -> Ablett (216).

Always a bit of a gamble to wait on upgrades but with those break-evens, I don't think it'll be a more costly proposition next week.

Here's my current team for consideration:

Broughton, Delidio, Gibbs, Goddard, Newman, Chaplin, Pederson (Hibberd, Puopolo, Simpkin)

Pendlebury, Swan, Judd, Boyd, S. Thompson, Pavlich (will be swung into forwards once Ablett in) (Iles, Heppell, Mzungu)

Cox, Petrie (Smith, Tippett)

Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, Rioli, ROK, NRoo, Krakouer (Smith, Lobbe, L. Patrick)

18. JPK

Thats a nice looking team mate!

Personally, I like Pedersen, so I wouldn't be trading him. You are correct about the BE's working in your favor, so I'd stick with your plan.

My tip:
    Hibberd -> Talia
    then
    Poop -> Fisher
    Iles -> GAJ
    then reap the rewards!!!!!

19. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Yeah, and hope like hell I don't lose more than 2 premiums in a line! Thanks for the help!

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Scott Pendlebuey is coming in for Isaac Smith this week, happy with that.