Potential Expat League ~

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. easty01

easty01 New Member

@TiB - am happy to fill the role of recruiting manager. A few have already sent through friend requests so cheers for that. Will make it easier to manage the setting up of next year's league.

If any of us know an Expat who could be a starter next year dob 'em in or send them a blurb about us expanding to Div.1/Div.2 next year along with my email (easty02@gmail.com).

PS - TiB, you weren't wrong about the multiple names!

2. easty01

easty01 New Member

@Huss - welcome and thanks for the laugh, as Ant said that bio is a ripper

@Bill - the Mzungu iPhone mix-up brings back bad memories. A couple of weeks back we moved house and the iPhone was our only internet for a week... never have I sworn at a piece of technology as much as then!

After five minutes of watching Goddard move to the bench for Coad, etc (all due to fat fingeritis on my part) I was ready to Lobbe the bloody iPhone in the Roger Binny

3. husslar

husslar New Member

@Anthak/Rolf (trust british paints... sure can!)
    -Glad my bio got a few laughs. tough to see your team looking very strong for our round 20 clash.

@terry
    -Emerald is a sleepy little place and a good place to be, i grew up very close to there. Used to love the waterslides as a kid (probably still do)

@Hanoi
    -36 this year mate... could have been you but there was more than one of was scared of! Actually showed up just to watch a mate and ended up playing in my runners.

@J (Diki) only kidding mate trade away i want your best team. Good luck i hope we both have a good week

@Easty
    -Count me in for next year, have another mate living here who would love to get a spot as well.

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

What a week! Work is humming along smoothly with some major wins and the Expat community is pulling together to go round again next year. All the signs thus point to my scoring a sub 1000 this weekend. Can't you see how uncomfortable Pendles looks in that jacket?

Thanks heaps easty - everyone get on as a friend of easty. Need any help - ask here.

@husslar, get your mate to sign on to TS and then friend easty so he is in the box for next year. Hmmm, maybe t-train is Puffing Billy.

5. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Hey guys, some very close games this week and, dare I say it, a couple that could be regarded as upsets. The table is very tight, round 20's matches are potentially going to have quite a profound effect on who finishes where. Barnstorming finish to the home and away season coming up!

And apologies for the Fisher KOD.

6. squidmanus

squidmanus New Member

There is 6 people on 28 points and just over a percentage point seperating 5 of them! A big win and I end up in the top 8

7. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Nice work everyone.

We averaged nearly 2450 for the week but still lost a place in the leagues. Tough at the top!

@ Husslar, Good Game! I feel like I dodged a bullet though.

@ Squiddy, Good luck, I feel you'll have to go very large to make up the difference.

Looking forward to the Bye and a week off.

8. easty01

easty01 New Member

A big weekend of Expats action with upsets and close finishes aplenty.

Great effort by Squiddy, he needed a win to keep the finals door ajar and duly delivered by knocking off Veni Vidi Vici in the boilover of the round.

The race for the last two spots in the 8 will be shaped by the following clashes in Rd.20:

Schweizermann (7th, 7-7) vs Hanoi Hawks
    Husslah (8th, 7-7) vs Anthak
    Coodabeens (9th, 7-7) vs Hupyas
    Freuromantle (10th, 7-7) vs t-train (also 7-7 but likely to miss on %)
    E-Leviathans (11th, 7-7) vs Dikileaks (3rd, 9-5)

---------------------------------

Positions 3-4 - and the double chance - are still up for grabs for the following teams:

Dikileaks (3rd, 9-5) vs E-Leviathans (11th, 7-7)
    Bucks Fizz (4th, 9-5) vs Below the Radar (2nd, 11-3)
    Veni Vidi Vici (5th, 9-5) vs Relton's Revenge (1st, 11-3)
    SimonOz (6th, 8-6) vs Red Whiners

---------------------------------

EVERY match in Rd.20 will help to shape the final 8 - a fitting end for such a hard-fought league season.

It's a last chance for those who will miss the finals to still have a say in proceedings. Bring it on!

9. spm67

spm67 New Member

Good morning gents,

apologies for not posting any comments prior to this. The Internet in PNG is very erratic. I have spent the last 10 min. reading through the previous posts and have been killing myself laughing.

What a fantastic league this has been, the competition has been the standard that has kept me at the top of my other leagues. I'll try and get on more often and contribute some more to the forum.

Looking forward to round 20–good luck to everybody.

Cheers,

Bucks Fizz

10. TerryinBangkok

Nice little summary easty, thanks for stepping up to the crease while I was snowed under. James managed to pip Simon by 1 point. A single point that could make all the difference to Jame's season. The log jam on 28 points is fantastic, like a school of circling sharks looking up and grinning at the teams above them who battle it out in R20.

@Steve - welcome wantok!

11. Linear

Linear New Member

I have to say winning by 1 point was nerve racking but I was due some luck in this league. Thought it had all gone to the dogs when SteveieJ was withdrawn.

12. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

The last few weeks I have posted my best scores ever and been soundly beaten. We all seem to be getting stronger but even so, our league position has slipped a bit. And as I lay me down, the words 'Why the f*ck did I pick Gilbert?' rock me gently to sleep

13. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Classic Neil, classic. I thought the same when you did it but you never know what will happen in the next 6 weeks.

14. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

This has been one tough league. Even though I'm only outside the 8 on % I doubt a win for me in Rd 20 will see me make the 8 - just too many teams wrestling for that spot... and looking at the match-ups all does not bode well for me!!

Sorry for lapse in communication but have been travelling for the past couple of months. What that means is I have made my way back to Australia and technically can no longer be called and expat in body (in mind is another story as I try to adjust to life back here - who the hell is this Julia character??!!)

I would like to participate in the Expats next year, but not sure if that is kosher now that I am back?

15. TerryinBangkok

I suspect it will not be long before you feel the call of the wild again ELev, and even if you don't, you would still be welcome, specially since we are shooting for 2 leagues next year.

Hope everyone can give some due attention to cap and bench this weekend and get our league moving back in the positive direction.

If you are bored this weekend due to no league matches, Simonoz is in the Grand Final of the Championship League and could probably use some support, even if it is only in thought.

16. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

GO SIMONOZ!!!!

17. TerryinBangkok

Thank you ELev - that's the spirit.

Didn't realize Josh and Serena had a thing going, but this will interest Hanoi Neil:

Eagles forward Josh Kennedy has reportedly been ruled out of the clash with the Bulldogs after a tennis ball hit him in the eye.

18. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

@Tibby - Thanks mate. just replaced him with Fyfe.

19. TerryinBangkok

Been a bit wet up your way Neil? We are just copping it now.

20. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

@Tibby. It hasn't been too bad yet. Started last night and has been steadily getting worse. I had all my secondary students final parties in the park this week and got really lucky as the rains came about an hour after the last party. But I've got 500 primary kids coming to the park from Monday so it will be brown trouser time hoping it has all past through by then. Have been checking the Typhoon warning Centre Site about every five minutes today.
    Twas good to see the Dees put up a solid fight against the Cats this week.