TS-SA League 2012

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by TerryinBangkok, Jul 30, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Okay, here's the first. First because Bearfly has kindly offered to put it together and be the Admin.

So, if you are resident in South Australia, have a good read of the Super Leagues thread and you will (hopefully) get the idea.

Then jump in here and put your name forward to join. Preference will be given to donors and those that are regulars on the chat, because we are serious and want strong leagues - but stick your name in anyway if you want to go head to head with other coaches in your State.

Those registering on here, if they receive the nod from the Bear, will then do a Friend Request to Bearfly so he can contact y'all when the league is set up next year.

And you can always come back to this thread over the summer for any news.

2. PowerProudFC

PowerProudFC New Member

Seen the late forums of the LEague Planning for 2012 and thought that I'd love to get in with TS and join if I get the nod. Just in 2 leagues this year, and competition is quite easy, and seeing the scores around the place (have followed for a while now) every week I thought it would be fantastic to get involved in a few more Leagues and really have a battle.

Just cause I'm new to posting, and for getting the
    A-OK to join the SA League next year from Bear, I thought I'd mention;

Have competed since 2006 in SC

X1 - Top 100 Finish
    X3 - 101-5000 Finishes
    X2 - 5000-10,000 Finishes

Highest Score; 2680(s)or something

Cheers

3. TerryinBangkok

Welcome PortProud, the Bear will be on here soon and will let you know.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Great to have you on board PortProud - and also great to have another Port fan here :)

Be good if we can also get Lethaldons & Shags Nags involved (being 3rd & 1st in SA) as well as Steve & even TheOnion.

TiB - what's the odds we can also scrape up enough Port fans from TS to do a Power League as well (don't know how many of us are on here).

Anyway, I think we can get enough SA folk to put together a competitive league and then put our heads together to come up with a strong SA SoO side!!!

5. PowerProudFC

PowerProudFC New Member

Cheers Bear
    A Port Adelaide League would be fantastic - If we're short on numbers then I have a couple of mates who'd definitely be interested in joining TS and the Port League. Will wait to see how many we have first though.

6. bfish

bfish New Member

Hey boys. keen to jump on board for next year.

7. Bearfly

@ bfish - thanks for jumping on board, 3 starters for the SA league already, a great start and no doubt more to follow very soon. Hopefully we can get those few guys I mentioned in my previous post on board too.

@ PortProud - be great to get you're mates involved - the more newbies joining TS the better, and also helps out with Walesy's aim to continue growing this fantastic community.
    Would be great to get a solid Port League happening just to show everyone how loyal and proud we are to support our great club.

Anyway, better sign off now and think about some sleep so i'm fresh for our upcoming Showdown victory - will be loud at my place tomorrow arvo/evening, and that's just with me here :D

8. PowerProudFC

PowerProudFC New Member

I'm going to the Showdown today, I'll get 2 of my mates to jump on board the TS crew.
    Fantastic Advice and a Great Community here.

9. TerryinBangkok

@Bear

You would surely know that at the bottom of my heart there was always going to be a Port team. I scouted the numbers and thought we might have trouble making it (particularly if it is going to be 18 next year). So the reason I didn't kick it off at this stage was I was afraid someone would suggest an amalgamation with the crabs to make up the numbers. Just couldn't handle that. So thought I would wait and see what pops up on here first to get a clearer idea.

10. TerryinBangkok

@Bear

Have a gander at the TS-Ladies League 2012 thread.

11. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

Hi
    I'd be interested in having a spot in the SA League if that's all good.
    If the Port Adelaide league gets up and running I'd also be happy to join up for that too.

Thanks
    Gabrielle

12. MustangSAreQuick

MustangSAreQuick New Member

Righteo
    I'm Rick
    Been instructed by Tyrone aka PowerProudFC to come on and show my interest in joining the SA League for next year. The sound of a Port League will be great.
    Cheers

13. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

Yep would love to get on board next year being sa proud and number 4 pick proud(yes I'm a power supporter). DA POWER has been my team name for the last 5 years & have won 2 of the last 3 cash leagues ( just quietly looking at going back to back) and will be donating some funds from my winnings to TS. Ranked 2772 before this rd and it's the highest I've been which is great for concentrating on league win only!

14. Bearfly

@ Gabrielle, MustangSAreQuick & Dave80

It's great to have you all interested and on board for both the SA League and the Port League.

Looks like so far the SA and Port Leagues are developing more interest than the other club leagues - hopefully we can keep it that way and get enough interested coaches to fill both leagues by the time the season ends - then we can have all pre-season to research and plan strong teams.

By my calculations we have 5 of us already for the SA League (myself, bfish, Gabrielle, MustangSAreQuick & Dave80) - and for the Port League, if we can count TiB in the mix, then we've got 5 for that as well.

15. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

Updated SA League
    C'mon everyone, get involved!

• PowerProudFC
      Bearfly
      Bfish
      MustangSAreQuick
      Dave80
      Gabrielle

Looks like we've got 6 out of 16-18.
    Keep it up all!

16. Bearfly

Thanks for posting the update Gabrielle - my brain wasn't functioning at it's best when I added my post (can't believe I overlooked our first addition)!!!

With 6 on board, here's hoping we can get the ball rolling during the next couple of weeks and fill up both the SA and Port Leagues.

Also, for supporters of other clubs who live in SA, don't be put off joining the SA League, the more people interested the better - surely we have enough SA residents amongst the 5,000+ TS members to fill this league!!!

And for Adelaide supporters, if you want to get a Crows League happening, let TiB know and i'm sure he'll start a thread for that too.

Just jump on board SA - let's get some state pride going here!!!

17. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Count me in TiB....Bearfly and I have already made some contact re world dominance in 2012. If a Bear can fly, so can I.

18. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

Updated SA-League

• PowerProudFC
      Bearfly
      Bfish
      MustangSAreQuick
      Dave80
      TheOnion
      Gabrielle

That makes it 7/16 (18).

I emailed PowerProud and he says he'll have another mate here tonight, we'll have to keep an eye out for Steve, I've seen Knucklebusters around the place, may not be long until he finds this, so keep it up all!

19. AlbinoRhino

AlbinoRhino New Member

Well, I think I've kept you guys waiting long enough!
    I'm Isaac, Mustang & PowerProud's mate and Port Adelaide supporter living in SA. I'm in for the SA League here and I'll jump in the Port League in a second.

If you're wondering why my name is AlbinoRhino, it's because my mates call me Albino cause apparently my eyes are Blue with Blonde hair, they don't realise my eyes are brown. The Rhino part, because I was known to charge through anybody in my way in my time at high-school, and spent a night in a jail cell with Mustang, twas because Rick took his old man's car out for a spin while his father thought it had really been nicked!

Enough of the life story - count me in ;)

20. Bearfly

Glad to have you on board AR - slowly filling this league up now.

Also have got a commitment from Lethaldons through the chat earlier - very handy addition to our league considering he's currently ranked #2 in SA this season.