Newman injury

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 82asch, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Chaplin is playing more defensive now because of the injury to Carlile. He'll score well if Trengove takes the best forward each week, anyway Chaplin gets a lot of marks, he makes up position to perform the switch with some backward kicks from the wing, if these switches pay off then he'll get a lot of score involvements where I think he gets a few points off each game, lots of marks too. What are your current backs?

2. Bottsy

Bottsy New Member

Really only need Chaplin to play this week against Adelaide (should score alright) and then he'll be my emergency for late withdrawals.

My backline at the moment is Gibbs, Goddard, Newman, Broughton, Enright, Fisher, Deledio and Scotland and as a floating Defender/Midfielder.

I must get Franklin this week, his B/E is 49 and I don't want to get rid of Mzungu. Think I'll need him this round and we know what happens in the last round!

3. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

Who would be the better pick to replace Newman?

Birchall or Hurn?

Both have good SOS

4. The_General

The_General Member

Birchall, Hurn has spudded it up too much in the last two weeks even when at Subi.

5. 82asch

82asch New Member

Who is best to trade into from Birchall, Suckling or Adcock? Leaning towards Birch but thinking Adcock could be good value?

6. DC

DC Member

Would like one more look at Adcock to see if he can back up his 100....

Low BE though.. So tempting to get this week....

7. Random_Man

Random_Man New Member

Morning All -anyone know anything about an expected return for Newman?....ta

8. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

no news as far as i know, but i'm not 2k short of picking up broughton for hibberd which i had penciled in for this week so as newman could rest up for finals!

9. Random_Man

Random_Man New Member

hoping to hang onto Newman but looks to be the best kept secret re an injury in ages.

10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'll take a stab and, as a Richmond supporter, say that Newman is unlikely to be fit before Rd 22.

If someone offered me odds of him playing again this season, I'd hesitate. But Rd 22 at the earliest, unless the situation changes and we hear through the media.

11. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I've had no luck with my backmen this season.

Grimes out, replaced with Shaw

Shaw out, replaced with Newman

Newman out, replace him or not? Not sure where he is at.

These have prevented me from upgrading my backline to full strength, as every time I'm ready to upgrade, something like this comes up.

I have 6 trades left with $10,500 in the bank. My current lineup is this:

Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard, Newman, Broughton, Lower, Heppell (Puopolo, Toy, Jacobs)

Note: Have Hibberd in the midfield as well, so I could work with him in defense as well

At the moment, I'm thinking to straight swap Newman to Fisher and pocketing $23K

Then possibly downgrading Heppell to (insert appropriate rookie, would really love Callinan if he plays eventually).

This will leave me with 4 trades left come finals time, and I am expecting to have a week off in most of my leagues (yes, a bit cocky, lol).

If all goes to plan, the downgrade from Heppell to a $91,700-$120,000 player, I could have $250,000+ the money I have in the bank, which could leave me to make a double upgrade in the back, just in time for finals like:

Lower, Hibberd or Puopolo

Leave me 2 trades left for prelim, and then I can maybe get rid of Gibbs or Judd as they have the bye, or perhaps get rid on J.Roo, as he seems to be my biggest dud on the ground with N.Roo this season.

Just not sure if Newman is worth keeping for a little, or straight swapping him now for Fisher.

12. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Sorry, I have no idea what happens. I out paragraphs and everything, but when I post, it seems to ignore paragraphs and that. I even tried to edit it.

13. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

I'm going through this same thing. I've kept Newman for now to re-assess pre-Round 20. Now I'm thinking of trading out Newman for a fallen defender such as Johncock or Hurn to pocket cash and upgrade elswhere.

14. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

seriously thinking of downgrading him to Adcock...what are Adcocks chances of averaging more than 100 for the rest of the season? anyone done the sums? What about Hurn or Stiffy?

This wasnt in the plans but im not convinced Chris will come back this season OR ave near 100 even if he does