Round 20 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Thanks JPK, It really is a touch and go decision as you never know whats around the corner injury wise and with such little trades its a big gamble.

But, I think to succeed in SC, you need to take risks !

2. Corks

Corks Member

Ruckman is my pressing issue this week. I think Zac has done his dash, and still no Sandi. Discounting Petrie and Goldstien due to bye, which points towards Mummy, Ottens or Jolly imo.

Leaning towards Mummy - form line good, Swans need to play all the way through to finals if they want a home elimination so won't rest him, and he's about to jump in price this week.

Thoughts or alternate views? Who else has decided its time to ditch Zac?

3. Wookks

Wookks New Member

Need some inspiration leading into the finals as was thinking the following :

H. Shaw -> Birchall and
    J Roo -> N. Roo

What do you wise people say ???

4. Wookks

Wookks New Member

5. KissKiss

KissKiss New Member

Need a bit of help with my defence. Need to decide who to trade in for both H.Shaw and Newman.
    Already have Goddard, Fisher, Gibbs, Delids, Broughton. And about 125k in the bank

6. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

tom lynch > ian callinan
    then zac smith > mumford

smithhas been great this year, but is starting to burn out and come finals time i need scores of above 70. plus his b/e is 98 and the muumys is 28

7. toast

toast New Member

I'm thinking of:

Cross > Dal Santo

As my final MID upgrade, one of course I didn't think I would have had to make at the beginning of the season. This would have been considered a sideways at the beginning of the year but at the pointy end if the season I just think NDS might be worth the risk and the $188k

Anyone agree?

Would Joey be an able option?

Appreciate any thoughts. Cheers.

8. obleex

obleex New Member

What are people planning on doing with Lower? My initial reaction was to persist another week but considering he has a ridiculous BE, is it now time to make my last upgrade? I have 4 trades left and 113k in the kitty. Best options available seem to be Enright, Johncock, Birchall or Suckling. Thoughts?

9. Alleiak

Alleiak New Member

A lot of questions, not a lot of advice here,
    @KissKiss - I've got shaw and newman as well. Don't have fisher so thats one choice made easy. as for the other a roll of the dice on johncock or adcock as POD's in my league, maybe birchall if price holds

@ hawks2008 - Now is the time to get Mummy if ever. Would think he'll outperform smith by enough to justify the trade.

@ toast - NDS in brilliant form. Has been pretty consistent all year. Only 4 scores below 100 and with 4 scores over 150 definitely got upside to him. worth the coin I think, but depends on where else you can spend it.

10. jesters

jesters New Member

What's everyone doing about ablett this week? Im guessing many people will also be missing boyd this week, so won't want to be missing 2 prems from the midfield. This is an important week for me as it will decide if i make the 8. I was thinking about either trading him out for Priddis as he has a great run home or Mitchell. Thoughts?

11. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@Jesters - assuming Ablett is just on a one-week "fun in the sun" holiday, I wouldn't get rid of him. If he's out for more then maybe its worth it (but this will probably be hard to know for sure).

Unless you have no mid cover, or have more than 6 trades left, just move players around and cop a slightly lower score this week.

In the end if you really feel that your season is shot without GAJ playing, and you will almost certainly miss the 8, then trade to stay alive, otherwise hold fire.

12. Beowulf

Beowulf New Member

Fyffa or Rhino? Tuff one.

I'm leaning towards rhino but only just.

NDS is also very tempting =D

13. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

im thinking enright to fisher. not being named this week and the bye in round 22 has influenced my decision. this will leave me 3 trades. any reasons why i shouldn't???

14. Quantum

Quantum New Member

@topheavy are you in the top 4 and any chance of having the week off of geelongs bye? If so maybe hold on to him?

15. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

@ TopHeavy I'd confirm your decision.

Three out of five remaining games isn't enough output.

16. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

nah im scrapping to make finals so i dont think i'll have a week off

@PieRaider cheers