Is Sandi Still Alive???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by The_General, Aug 3, 2011.

1. The_General

The_General Member

Well he is a monster of a man, so you can't really miss him, but does anyone know anything about a likely return date.

Could it be that because his toe is twice the size of a normal persons, the injury is twice as long?

2. BennyA

BennyA New Member

Big footy Freo forum can answer all your questions and concerns.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Was article earlier in week which said he wont play this week and Griffen is also very doubtful....

4. DC

DC Member

No. I have kept him for nearly 8 weeks now... Finals 1 week away and Mumfords BE is super low... Think I need to grow some balls and move him on!

5. towerg

towerg New Member

I'm in the same position. He is coming back a week too late - would have been good to see him play before finals. On the other hand, I've already rolled the dice and held him for half the season... What's one more week!?

6. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Even if he comes back he may not be the same player.

Ligament damage at the ball of the foot is less than ideal for a ruckman who needs to dig in in and contest let alone jump.

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I warned you all about turf toe.
    May never play again. My advice to Freo is don't take short cuts on the next comeback.

Might mean Round 21/22, might mean cotton wool. He's too important to take risks with.

This injury has stuffed some of the great NFL players in their prime.

8. The_General

The_General Member

I think getting rid of him will depend very much on your side. If you need that cash to say get a broughton instead of an adcock, or a Dal instead of Boyd/Thompson, then I say get Mummy this week.

You can't ever trust Freo anyway, so I'm leaning towards moving him on this week.

9. DC

DC Member

^^^ Yep - Cash in the bank either way will be handy for your last couple of trades in finals

10. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Thats right lucas you did, but one would expect the doctors and medical staff at an afl club would know what they're doing.

Unless you're basically out of trades im now at the opinion that he needs to be moved on this week. Yes he MIGHT be back next week but then he was rated 50/50 to return about 3 weeks ago. Mumford will probably go up about 40k this week so if its left much longer you'll soon have to pay to do the sandi-mumford switch instead of pocketing the 70 odd grand as sandi's BE is really high and then there is pieraiders comment to consider as well.

11. DC

DC Member

Hahah.. Senator I remember us having this discussion a month ago now... He will be traded out of my team THIS WEEK unless something crazy happens at the selection table re Mumford

12. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

yeah for sure but its one of those occasions where the patience hasnt been rewarded. Hasnt really mattered too much up until now because aside from the collingwood game petrie's been doing a really good job filling in at R2, but with his bye and the finals next week sandi's time has now run out.

The other point worth noting was than in sandi's last return game he only scored 44 before being subbed in the 3rd quarter so it wasnt like he was on his way to a big score, which probably gives a clue as to what we can expect from his next comeback especially given how long he would have been out for.

13. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I have 3 trades left, 1 game clear on top in league and pretty cashed up. I'll keep playing Cox and Lobbe for the time being and trade him in Round 22/23 if he doesn't return.

It's mostly just stubbornness now I won't trade him 'till the last minute. I've held him for so long I can smell him. The bastard.

14. Eddodogs

Eddodogs New Member

I'm very close to trading sandilands out for mumford this week, even if hes selected next week I wont have the confidence to put him on the field 1st up.

I only have 2 trades but little cash, so do the move now, pocket 70k ride 1 trade through finals hopefully.

Its too mch of a waste having 508k on the bench at this time of the year.

15. Jet

Jet Member

Wow, I'm really torn.
    If/when he plays he's a walk up start - the game he scored 44 he was on target for a big game but got scaled back. He was 35 at 1st qtr and over 50 at half time.
    I was always gonna hold him hoping he'd be a unique force come finals, but this thread has me worried... And we all know what they say about taking injured players into finals.
    I may even hold him this week and if he's not selected next week chop him then. If only you could have two cox.

16. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_General on August 4, 2011, 12:07
    I think getting rid of him will depend very much on your side. If you need that cash to say get a broughton instead of an adcock, or a Dal instead of Boyd/Thompson, then I say get Mummy this week.

You can't ever trust Freo anyway, so I'm leaning towards moving him on this week.</blockquote>

Ha ha, foot in mouth DR. Can you understand me....