Potential Expat League ~

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

You should be happy with Fyfe Neil - should have got him in a week earlier!

There is a Hawks league for next year in the Forum if you would like to sign on.

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

TiB......League King Pin....American Gangster Frank Lucas himself :)

Apologies to all of the PEL for lapsing in contributions recently...will catch up.

Love the 2012 plans....I think we could easily have PEL 1 & 2 next year. This scrap group of lads from all over, what have we managed so far...top 40 league? It seems like so long ago that we were taking hanoi under our wings....and now, a powerhouse !

1pt loss the week before last smarts some, but.....ahem....champion of champions (bye weeks at least) has a nice ring to it. Nice to know that a PEL member can still stand strong when ur balls are cut off with byes :)

3. TerryinBangkok

A quick word from Frank Lucas:

Nobody, despite a few earnest attempts, managed to score under 2,400 last round. It was like SC-Santa paid us all a visit.

ELev with a mere 2,828 top scored, hotly followed by the t-train on 2,781 (was that a one-off or is he going to tear somebody apart this week?) and a CL winning 2,706 from Snoz.

Despite such huge scores, we managed to be ranked at 38 and, if I'm not mistaken, that represents a significant drop out of the top 30. Seems we have to bump our average up to 3,000.

5 vs 1, 4 vs 2 and 3 vs 2,800. Opens the door for Snoz to sneak into the top 4 with a % booster playing me (tanking?). ELev a chance to make the 8 and Squiddy, it's all in front of you mate.

Surely, after consecutive weeks of major scores we will all come back to earth with a thump this round? Smell a few LWs coming on.

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Good to have you back simonoz! And well done on your multibye win!

5. Linear

Linear New Member

This week's captain selection is so critical this week in ensuring a win based on the massive scores of the last two rounds.

Simon, I feel kind of special having knocked off the champions league winner by 1 point the week before :)

Seriously though, well done and good luck for the rest of the season with your other ambitions.

6. easty01

easty01 New Member

Welcome back, Snoz :)

A quick 2012 Expats recruiting update:

Thanks to everyone for the prompt follow-up on setting up a group, it will allow next year's league to be set-up a lot easier.

There's only four of this year's crew that I haven't been able to contact yet...

*Talor (t-train)
    *Marty (Hupyas)
    *Sam (The Coodabeens)
    *Clint (Veni Vidi Vici)

If anyone knows them can you get them to send me a friend request. Alternatively, if you know their TS profile name pass it on to me and I'll send the request to them.

@ Bucks Fizz and Freuromantle - friend requests have been sent, can you accept next time you're online. Cheers ;)

Of the non-2011 Expats, Dirty Whorks and Chels have accepted so I'll be able to invite them into the league directly in 2012. Still waiting on Canada Blues to accept.

If you know any other Expats who would be interested, put them in touch with me or forward me their profile name and we'll get them on board.

See you all after the Rd.20 dust settles :p

7. TerryinBangkok

Nicely done easty.

Marty will be up for Div. 2 next year (as will I - damn!) if we are going to be fair about a relegation system. So Whorks and chels could slot straight in. Marty sits on a mountain top and has power from solar panels for about 2 hours each day. We talk via email and I do his trades and stuff for him.

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

TiB, you and Marty should not be div 2 mate (unless maybe we get a huge influx of expats). I will drop out before you!

9. husslar

husslar New Member

Huge matches this week in our league...
    I am sitting pretty in top 4 of all my other leagues but need to be Anthak to make top 8 here. Big problems with GAJ, Shaw, Sylvia, Griffin all in my team.

Do i hold fast with my few trades remaining and focus on other leagues or trade away to strengthen my team this week?

Thinking i will trade as i am a huge competitor and want to go down swinging! Been top 8 all year so would be crushed if i slipped out the last week.

Good luck Ant, and all those on 7-7...

10. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

Like Husslar I will be going down all guns blazing this week (though that doesn't necessarily mean I will be trading my arse off!) - I think I will need a minor miracle to make the 8 even if I win - too many permatations.

Good luck to all this weekend - what the 8 will look like is any ones guess which clearly shows what a great league this has been.

11. TerryinBangkok

Loving the tension. It all comes down to who is hit hard by some sizable outs, what they do about it, how they assess their opponents Cap choice and can they counter it. Who will Cassisi go to, Pendles or Swan? Port have a whole raft of good taggers (as opposed to good players).

And when the dust settles and the 8 emerges, there will be cries of anguish from someone who missed out by 0.4 of a percentage point.

Then there is that 'other' 8. A rag tag collection of bums who have propped up the stars. They have a little finals stoush of their own. Doesn't count for anything and this time next year we probably won't even remember who won, but you can be sure the competition will be keenly felt and just as serious as the top bunch. And don't be surprised if some of the scores in the bottom 8 are higher than some of those in the top. SC is all about 'what if'. Have fun and good luck to all.

@ELev - small arse - you are only allowed 2 trades!

@Husslar - if you go hard here, I imagine the rest of your leagues will be pretty much taken care of.

12. husslar

husslar New Member

'Beat' Anthak is what i was meant to say...

Yep going to be a ripper weekend!

Simonoz, congrats on winning the champions league! I am going to be in NY at the end of August... let me know if you want to catch up for a beer? Hopefully we have some supercoach to celebrate.

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

Huss.....would love to grab a beer mate.....hit me up at simonoz@verizon.net

Good luck to all & sundry ( tib being the sundry this week)

:)

14. TerryinBangkok

Sundry lamb to the COC slaughter methinks.

15. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble with simonoz's acronym,

is it pronounced "cock"?

16. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

All these outs!! Makes for a very interesting week.

E, as much as I'd love to see you scrape into the 8, I'd more than likely have to play you next week so I won't be doing any favours considering your team looks largely unaffected by the crap team announcements this week.

17. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Hey guys, have been off line all week, so sorry about the late notice on this weeks KOD. The good news is there is not one.

I'm kinda thinking I need to lose this week so I don't have to play one of the gun teams in the first week of the finals.....

cheers and good luck.

18. TerryinBangkok

Tanking bjaensch???

Thought Rommel was the expert at that.

19. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Tibby, you could say that. I'm trying, really. Just not possibly as hard as I should be. Keeping the trade powder (what little I have anyway) reasonably dry.

cheers,
    Bill

20. TerryinBangkok

Just a wee joke about Rommel and tanks Bill. The thing is, I'm sure the real coaches eye off who they would prefer to meet in the 1st final and play for position, which of course they deny.

If the world ended right now, I would win.

Please world, give it a bit of thought.