Round 21 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, Aug 8, 2011.

1. patg654

patg654 New Member

@ Shadowboxer: Mummy for the same reasons above - cheaper and better run home, he tends to be a bit of a flat track bully and will dominate the Tigers this weekend!

@11kgm: Birchall for Chaplin out of those two, unless you are supremely confident of winning your first week of finals and/or don't care about overall positioning. Although I'd consider whether there's better places you could use that trade??

@ JPK: interesting dilemma, would the extra $$ saved from getting Priddis over NDS help you out at all? If you have excess [ie 3] trades left it could be a big advantage and allow you an extra upgrade?

2. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

i may have missed something, but i cant seem to find anything on TS re JEREMY TAYLOR from the GCS, is there a reason for this? played the last 2 games, 81pts then 90pts. for those looking for a back downgrade. looks ok to free up some more cash

cheers

3. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from dazza71 on August 10, 2011, 14:04
    i may have missed something, but i cant seem to find anything on TS re JEREMY TAYLOR from the GCS, is there a reason for this? played the last 2 games, 81pts then 90pts. for those looking for a back downgrade. looks ok to free up some more cash

cheers
    </blockquote>
    Out for the year, Groin

4. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

thanks DC, but he dosent seem to be on here at all, in gold coast team, highest salary predition etc... was just wondering y

5. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

and hes not on there injury list, am i missing something?

6. DC

DC Member

Not sure why that is... Walesy may need to look into it..

7. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I mentioned that about Taylor on page 1 of this thread because I was looking at him as a downgrade option too.

8. Corks

Corks Member

Playing QF (Top 4) in all Leagues this week. Team at the mo is:

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Lids, Fisher, Enright, Broughton, Stiffy (Thompson, Toy, Jacobs)

M: Pendles, GAJ, Judd, Swan, Boyd, Pav (ISmith, Hibberd, Callinan)

R: Cox, Mummy (Vardy, Keefe)

F: Buddy, Goodes, Chappy, Rioli, NRoo, JRoo, Mzungu (Richardson, Tapscott, Darling)

4 trades and &#36;85k left.

Do I stick with the team above (assuming they all play) OR double trade 2 of the bench dudes to bring in either Mitchell or someone like that and move Pav forward and JRoo / Muz to bench. Three of my 4 finals are real tough - blokes sitting in top 1000.

Thoughts?

9. TimTim

TimTim New Member

Thoughts on Johncock (ADE)?

I'm thinking C.Newman to Johncock (D7) and then Hibberd to ROK (who will then rotate nicely into my fwd line with Mzungu to be my mid-bench cover)

Worth the punt given the seemingly rejuvenated Crows?

10. Corks

Corks Member

I did the Shaw to Stiffy 3 or 4 weeks ago. Regretted it since...he's cheap for a reason.

11. The_General

The_General Member

Stiffy has been bad all year TBH, Adcock was at least good early on. Stiffy and Hurn, STAY AWAY!!

12. DC

DC Member

Whos jumping on Adcock this week?

13. jok

jok New Member

I will be taking the chance on Adcock.

The rest of the defenders have been pretty poor and I don't want to bring in Enright or Scotland as they still have a bye to come.

14. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

Nicoski may be a POD. Have had him since round 8.

15. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I got no idea where to put this, it's not really worthy of its own thread so i put it here where it might get read.

I was wondering if somebody could work out who the most expensive player in the competition has been over the course of the season. It's changed quite a few times to reflect form and I recall at one stage that the game-less Barlow was the most expensive. I just thought it could be interesting to see who they were and how their fortunes have change through the year. Obviously NDS is the form player atm.

16. TimTim

TimTim New Member

I know it's only Thursday night... but 32 green little lights has got to be a good thing!

Too many options

17. Corks

Corks Member

Hahaha TimTim, I'll confess to only having 24 or 25. But they include my best 22, so that's all I need to win 4 Qualifying finals and consolidate a top 2000 finish :p

18. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Oh no, I was planning to get rid of Sandilands after all this time, and bring in Mumford.
    Then upgrade Heppell to O'Keefe and move O'Keefe forward to replace J.Roo from D7.

Sandilands has been now named, and I'm not sure whether to keep Sandilands or stick to my guns and bring in Mumford. At the moment, my R2 is Smith and Cox at R1.
    My opponent this week has Cox and Hale/Smith.

Keeping Sandilands would mean I may be able to be close to double upgrading for the next game. As I would downgrade someone this week, and still bring in O'Keefe.

19. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I have 29 green lights, and Winmar, Irons, Callinan & R.Thompson. So have back-up in all positions and am very happy that I have back-up after just having 1 emg last week or 2 or something!

Anyone who is looking for a backline rookie for some cash should look at Jeromy Taylor from the Gold Coast. Is on the bubble and averages 85.5 after scores of 81 and 90.

20. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

Jeremy Taylor had groin surgery during the week Sainter,

Season Over!