RD 22 Trades -- NICK LOWER?????????

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Whyt_ee, Aug 15, 2011.

1. phil_nev

phil_nev New Member

Would love to get Bock, but wont have the $$.
    Also just heard the both Pav and N.Roo may have been injured over the weekend?? :( Hopefully not as I really want to sure up the backline rather than replace injured FWD's..
    Glad Ive got the week off this week in all my leagues bar 1. :)

2. TN

TN Wanderers

Other than the premiums everybody has, the backs are a lottery. I think Johncock might be the pick, only because Adelaide have a new lease of life, but would still need to toss a coin between the two (Suckling and Johncock).

I just traded Pav in last week, so it makes sense for him to be injured.

3. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BleedingPurpleAndWhite on August 15, 2011, 09:29

Oh, and I highly doubt that you would've been barracking for Lower to get 35 possessions and 3 goals against your own club ;)

*speech cut short*

P.S - Who did you have on the bench????
    Don't worry, I'm angry too ;), had him ahead of Adcock, Adcock did shite but another 50 points would've won me 2 extra league games so similiar to you mate.</blockquote>

35 points at least would have been nice.

Yeah Poops, Heppell & L Thompson on bench.

4. obleex

obleex New Member

With 3 trades remaining and the week off in 4/4 of my leagues, is it worth using a double trade (say, downgrading Z Smith in Ruck 3 to a cheapie) and upgrading Lower to a premium? Would give me 1 trade for the prelim and potentially a GF.

5. Cardies

Cardies New Member

Hi Obleex ... I wouldn't trade this week if I were in your position unless you are worried about how Lower Nick can go &#36; wise. You might trade someone in who promptly gets injured this week or 'general soreness' the following. Best you wait for selection night prior to prelim before trading. On a differemt note I bet Pendlebury gets a rest for the Freo game ... something to consider if you have him as you may need one of those trades :)

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I think I'm gonna finally get rid of Newman this week. Unless he makes a miraculous recovery and plays this round.

I lost my QF last week, so have a cut throat match coming on the weekend. I like my chances of winning, but have 2 trades left so figure I might as well use at least 1.

If I don't trade, I'll be forced to play one of puopolo or Alex Johnson at d7.

Thinking to trade Newman to johncock or Sam fisher.

My opponent has neither. Same with PF opponent. And likely GF opponent (top 2 team all year) has fisher but not stiffy.

Any thoughts on which one I should bring in?

7. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from obleex on August 15, 2011, 19:02
    With 3 trades remaining and the week off in 4/4 of my leagues, is it worth using a double trade (say, downgrading Z Smith in Ruck 3 to a cheapie) and upgrading Lower to a premium? Would give me 1 trade for the prelim and potentially a GF.</blockquote>
    Do not do a double trade this week if you have the week off! Save them for next week as who knows what could happen to other prems this week!

8. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on August 17, 2011, 02:22
    I think I'm gonna finally get rid of Newman this week. Unless he makes a miraculous recovery and plays this round.

I lost my QF last week, so have a cut throat match coming on the weekend. I like my chances of winning, but have 2 trades left so figure I might as well use at least 1.

If I don't trade, I'll be forced to play one of puopolo or Alex Johnson at d7.

Thinking to trade Newman to johncock or Sam fisher.

My opponent has neither. Same with PF opponent. And likely GF opponent (top 2 team all year) has fisher but not stiffy.

Any thoughts on which one I should bring in?</blockquote>

Fisher. No brainer! Jump on! :)

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Definitely, Fisher ahead of Stiffy ANY day, averages more, not as injury-prone, will get you solid 80-130 each week while Stiffy seems to have bad games where he tends to score 50-80. Johncock has been moving forward late in games which could mean extra bonus points for a match-winner, however Fisher much more consistent, and if your opponent has neither, Fisher is the obvious choice.

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I reckon if Lower is fit then double or nothing.

He tends to be that way. Even more of a HiLo Ranger than Sylvia.

11. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks DC and Sainter. That's the way I was leaning too.
    Cheers

12. obleex

obleex New Member

<blockquote>Quote from DC on August 17, 2011, 10:14
    <blockquote>Quote from obleex on August 15, 2011, 19:02
    With 3 trades remaining and the week off in 4/4 of my leagues, is it worth using a double trade (say, downgrading Z Smith in Ruck 3 to a cheapie) and upgrading Lower to a premium? Would give me 1 trade for the prelim and potentially a GF.</blockquote>
    Do not do a double trade this week if you have the week off! Save them for next week as who knows what could happen to other prems this week!</blockquote>

Yeah, I meant to say that I would do the double trade next week. I probably wasn't clear enough there. So yeah, leave it as is this week, then do the downgrade on Smith/upgrade on Lower in the prelim. Thoughts? Leaves me with Judd/Gibbs on the bench however.

13. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

You've probably already made your decision anthak but definately Fisher.

His consistency is refreshing.

14. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Need help. I am in the prelim of my main league and the semi of the other. I have 1 trade left, and just enought to go selwood to ablett.I also have newman, who I traded in for shaw, and im hopeful hell be back next week.

15. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

@hawks08
    Hold Selwood, chop newman
    Selwood is good enough and you won't miss him in ur main league this week, doubt Richmond would bring back Newman for two 'dead rubber' games, finals are long gone so they'll have him wrapped in cotton wool to get cherry ripe 4 next season
    I'd hold fire this round, and if all ur prem's get through unscathed then upgrade/sideways Newman in the prelim

16. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey New Member

Looking to bring in a midfielder for Bartel this week. Have &#36;495k to spend. Current Mids are Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Cotchin, Selwood, Krak, Heppell, Calihan. So my main options are Thomas (although already have 2 pie mids), Swallow, Barlow or Thompson. Anyone have any recommendations?

17. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from FunkyMonkey on August 18, 2011, 20:38
    Looking to bring in a midfielder for Bartel this week. Have &#36;495k to spend. Current Mids are Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Cotchin, Selwood, Krak, Heppell, Calihan. So my main options are Thomas (although already have 2 pie mids), Swallow, Barlow or Thompson. Anyone have any recommendations?</blockquote>

Nat Fyfe and Montagna could also be good options

18. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

@funkymonkey
    do you have another mid/fwd up forward? if so what about nat fyfe?
    if you upgraded krak to fyfe he can cover Selwood this week, then be flexible to move into your forward line next week

19. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

no games this week and was gonna trade out broughton...but have backed away from that plan...a bit too risky so will just upgrade nick to buddy to leave me with 4 trades left when I hit prelim week.