TS Super Leagues 2012

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by TerryinBangkok, Jul 23, 2011.

1. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

TiB is the Mornington Peninsula considered Metro or Country? It's your call.

2. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

Agreeing with you PieRaider, live down in Mornington also, are you the one that keeps taking my Apple-Pies from my kitchen ledge?

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Anywhere beyond Frankston PieRaider.

4. Fez

Fez Moderator

Reckon mornington is Metro, even Portsea would be Metro any recent AFL players from this area play in the Metro / Country u/18 team?

5. TerryinBangkok

The AFL and this Forum topic (if you go back) agree that the borders are delineated by where the train line stops. Last time I looked it stopped in Frankston.

And, as Fox Sports News suggests, you can't get much more country than apple pie.

6. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

Yes, pieRaider, I guess we're country (more like beachy...lol). As we're country, I guess you've seen quite a few Apple Pies, or maybe tasted, and smelled, my Apple Pies. My eyes are on you buddy, might have to set a Magpie trap on my kitchen ledge.

LOL - ;)

Alright, I'll go sign up for the Country.

Cheers TiB.

7. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Beyond Frankston sounds ominous!

8. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Is everyone still keen on this?

9. TerryinBangkok

Waiting to see what team/state leagues get subscribed first JPK before we can consider them putting into a Super League.

10. JPK

Fair call Terry - just checking :)

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Looking forward to it if this happens.

12. TerryinBangkok

Alrighty. It seems that there might be 18 leagues out there that are almost full. This includes TS-Hawks, TS-Vic Country, TS-Ladies, TS-Expats, etc., etc.

The idea is to form a super league with teams representing each one of these leagues. That is, each league formulates their own team and joins the super league. How that team is formulated is entirely up to that league/admin, but a good way to start might be to tally up the non-PODS from your 18 teams. Really it is all about having a strong admin who will coordinate for you. This can be done by TS 'friends' email or using the forum.

To make it more manageable during the season, it is suggested that you use the chat or bragging box that comes with your SC team page to make decisions on captains, benches, trades, etc.

Why? Wouldn't it be fun for the mighty TS-Cats to beat the TS-Wet Toasters or, god forbid, the TS-Ladies to thump the macho TS-Group W (insert your own fantasy here)? With such a pool of talent, anything less than Top 20 would be disappointing for this super league.

I have one league spot left open and I will kick the thing off if you can please let me know on this thread that you want to do this and are in. The good thing is you don't have to use up one of your own precious league spots.

I will copy this challenge into some of the individual team threads, but please try and respond on this one so I don't miss anyone.

Feedback please folks - we need 18.

13. TerryinBangkok

Never as simple as it sounds. If I use one of my league slots, then the SC default is that my (regular) team will be automatically placed in it. Could we live with this, or does someone have a better suggestion?

Oh well, perhaps Top 50 would be nice.

14. TerryinBangkok

Okay, we have gauged the amount of interest, which was a dead heat with what Kevin Rudd has for breakfast.

Perhaps we can resurrect the idea next year.

Perhaps.

15. JPK

I'm still up for this Terry. I think everyone is focused on other things right now though.

I'd like to see it start with a location-based setup (so each state league and the expats - how many of these are there?) and then fill it up with the better halves, and some of the top leagues (say the platinum if these guys have "time").

Ideally we'd have a league with all teams represented, but I'm not sure each team will have a full league to begin with (I know the Eagles league is currently only about half full, and I haven't seen 36 GWS and GC fans on here yet!)

Give it a week or two more, before you decide to pull the pin!

16. soups

soups New Member

TS Premier League.

looking for 3 more spots to have filled. Finished in the 40's last year and looking to build on that.

anyone interested?