Finals Help!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jonny82, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Jonny82

Jonny82 New Member

Hey Peeps,

After some advice as up against a better team in a must win elim final. My only advantage I think is trades.
    I Have 4 Trades and Cash $35,500
    Thinking I should make two this week to try and win thou. Any suggestions???

My Team
    Backs B Gibbs,BJ,S Fisher,G Broughton, M suckling,B DeLids,D Heppell
    Emg B Rawlings,J Batchelor,S McKernan
    Mids D Swan,Judd,J selwood,G Ablett,
    M Priddus,I smith
    Emg I Callihan, R Bewick, S buckley

Rucks D Cox, D Petrie
    emg Z Smith, B Mccauley
    Fwds M Pav, C Sylvia,ROK, L Franklin
    A goodes, N R00, J Roo
    emg C Richardson, T Muzgu J Tippett

His Team
    Backs B Gibbs,BJ,S Fisher,G Broughton, H scotland,B DeLids,Enright
    Emg D Heppell, P Puopolo, Watson

Mids S Pendles,Judd,J selwood,G Ablett,
    T Cotchin,J bartel
    Emg B Harvey, R Bewick,I Smith
    Rucks D Cox, D Petrie
    emg Z Smith, lobee
    Fwds M Pav, N Fyfe, S Higgans, L Franklin A goodes, N R00,T Muzgu
    emg P Karnezis,L Tappscott, J Tippett

2. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

1. Bench Sylvia for Mzungu,

2. Downgrade someone to get cash for Selwood>Pendles

3. Fix up your grammer :) haha

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hey Johnny,

First of all, we'll look at your team and his team, and the plaers who you have both got (don't have to worry about) and the players who will act as PODs and you need to do well, by looking at this, we can see if you'd like to take th defensive approach and trade in another of his players, or to trade hard and get someone that he doesn't have which could hurt him.

PLAYERS THAT THE 2 TEAMS SHARE;
    Gibbs, Broughton, Fisher, Goddard, Deledio, Judd, Selwood, Ablett, Cox, Petrie, Pavlich, NRiewoldt, Goodes, Franklin (BYE; Selwood)

PLAYER V PLAYER — Differences
    YOU: Suckling, Heppell, Swan, Priddis, I.Smith, Sylvia, O'Keefe, JRiewoldt
    HIS: Scotland, Enright, Pendlebury, Bartel, Cotchin, Fyfe, Higgins, Mzungu

*Looks like he has got you covered with the PODs that will make or break your SC finals, some options below, for defensive and attacking, obvious moves, other moves, etc.

OBVIOUS MOVE/S:
    * Obviously you will need to bench Selwood as Geelong have the bye.
    * He will have Enright OUT and will need to replace him

DEFENSIVE MOVE/S:
    * (you) Put Jack Riewoldt on the bench, replace him with Mzungu which will block out Mzungu from his team, this is all defensive, to make sure you have most of his players covered and take it down to a smaller number of match-ups to decide the match.
    However Jack Riewoldt could possibly start to score well again, he scored 97 recently didn't he? So if you bench JRoo and he backs up a 97-like score, you losing points for yourself, which is why I'd consider benching Sylvia for Mzungu.

TACTICAL MOVE/S:
    If you have done that, I'd consider using some MPP to get yourself out of trouble with
    playing too much rookies. I would consider;

Tactical Move #1 -
    Swap Sylvia into the Midfield via MPP, and use him to replace Selwood, I'd rather use MPP then have Callinan, Buckley or Spewick fielding in an elimination final!!
    This means you play Heppell in the backline, making your rookies/MPP on field;
    Heppell, Sylvia, I.Smith, Mzungu.

Tactical Move #2 -
    Take your pick, field Mzungu or Sylvia, the one who you don't
    pick would get the emergency. To cover Selwood, you could move Heppell into the MIDS for Buckley via MPP, and replace Selwood on the field for Heppell, this means to put Rawlings on the field. You could also swap whoever you don't chose out of Mzungu and Sylvia into the MIDs by MPP with Callinan again to play ahead of I.Smith.
    It could pan out like this;
    Rawlings, Heppell, I.Smith/Mzungu/Sylvia, Mzungu/Sylvia.

TRADING MOVE/S:
    * I think Pendlebury will score quite well this week, like Swan, and if you could get Pendles into your line-up it would help a lot, blocking out Pendles contribution for your opponent while keeping ahead of him with having Swan when he doesn't, but for all we know, he may be planning the very same thing for you!!!
    I would consider;
    Isaac Smith/Simon Buckley OUT (once you have switched around your MPPs, otherwise they wouldn't work!!!) and trade the highest priced if those two, get the cheapest who is playing if you need someone who'll play or just get a 91k no
    namer for cash.
    Then, trade whoever you can for Pendlebury, or another premium midfielder that you don't have to trade Selwood for, he could be handy next week, this all depends on the cash flow and what the trading table offers. Upgrade/Downgrade.

I like option #2 personally, but you need to decide whether to go defensive or aggressive, captain choice is crucial (Franklin, Swan, Pendles this week). These are just a few ideas and hopefully some ideas of your own that are better then mine or anyone else's come to your mind and hopefully you do well.

You may not agree with what I've suggested, but trust trying to help and give a little of insightful comments.

Good luck.
    Jack.

4. Buttkicker

Buttkicker New Member

<blockquote>Quote from AndrewW on August 17, 2011, 21:53

3. Fix up your grammer :) haha

</blockquote>

LoL!!, u should take your own advice onboard mate ;)

5. Buttkicker

Buttkicker New Member

I'd swap Callinan with Mzungu, put Mzungu on the ground for Selwood then use 2 trades to upgrade Heppell to Goddard. Your opponent has Enright, Selwood and Bartel this week so he's probably got more headaches than you.

Good luck

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

I bought Sylvia in midseason for the last 3 weeks as the dees run home is great surely u play him

7. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fez on August 18, 2011, 08:03
    I bought Sylvia in midseason for the last 3 weeks as the dees run home is great surely u play him</blockquote>
    Agree 100&#37; here... You have to play Sylvia!

8. Jonny82

Jonny82 New Member

Thanks for the help lads, much appreciated and lots to think about. Im also toying with the idea of trading selwood and bringing in Boyd and Moloney for (Buckley or Tendai) Good Idea??? They have nice runs home

9. Corks

Corks Member

Keep Selwood - will be needed next week. Mzungu swap for ISmith, then double trade ZSmith down to cheap, and S Buckley up to best available midfielder (Mitchell / Thompson / Hodge / etc).

And kudos on not going nuts about the spelling comment like a certain newbie did early in the season (much to our eternal delight).

Good luck :D

10. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I will definitely be playing Sylvia over Mzungu or Smith. And probably agree with Corks above, trade Smith/Buckley up.

11. Jonny82

Jonny82 New Member

Thanks for all the help last week lads!

I Played Sylvia and brought in Moloney and Boyd for buckley and Selwood and got the win to move into the prelims :)

Now facing fresh issues with injuries suspensions and the bye.

Have two trades left and &#36;85K in bank and have narrowed it down to the following POD'S this week

His team My Team
    Stiffy 85.85 vs suckling 92.72
    Adcock 90.89 vs rawlings 77.9
    Lower 79.78 vs deleido 105.65
    penders 127.7 vs Priddis 114.25
    hodge 105.78 vs Moloney 96.7
    mcevoy 103.53 vs smith 77.44
    Jroo 81.75 vs Petrie 93.53
    fyfe 108.25 vs Rok 101.6
    Krak 76.06 vs ???? 101
    Total 859.59 Total 860.79

Going off averages if I trade Pav for any forward or mid averaging over 100 then I have the slight edge depending on if he trades or not. Think he is out of trades thou.

Stuck on if I should go for broke to get to granny and pull the trigger on both this week to get there or play safe and only use one for pav.

Any ideas or suggestions would be a great help :)