Round 23 trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Golingo, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Never too early to start thinking.
    <blockquote>Pavlich, whose injury first flared in the warm-up before last weekend's home loss to Carlton, is in serious doubt for Fremantle's final two matches against Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs.</blockquote>

Bugger. That'd be my last trade.

Pavlich to...
    - Stevie J
    - Goodes
    - Rioli
    - Cloke

Think it would have to be Goodes for me. Rioli getting a rest scares me too much.

2. obleex

obleex New Member

Stevie J comes in for Pav if he's out so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue.

Thinking of downgrading Smith to a cheapie and upgrading Lower to Bock/Enright. Gives me 1 trade for any potential grand finals.

I. Smith and Mzungu become very important next week.

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Golingo

Goodes has Geelong down at the Cattery next week, but assuming you make it, then in Grand Final week Goodes has Brisbane at the SCG.

Stevie J has Sydney at Skilled next week, Stevie J averages 129ppg there from his 5 games down at Skilled this year, including 3 of his 4 highest scores this year with 147, 155 and 199, his only other game above 140 this year was 162 at Metricon V Gold Coast Suns, Stevie J loves playing at the Cattery and should be considered. The week after, he has Collingwood at the MCG, maybe a chance to be rested, Johnson averages 96ppg there this season, in only 5 occassions, but he recorded his 5th highest score for the year of 136 there in round 8, versing Collingwood for that matter, but Stevie J hasn't played at the MCG since Round 13. He's coming off the bye and should be fresh.

Cloke plays Freo at Patersons stadium, he hasn't played at Patersons Stadium this year, however he averages 126ppg interstate in only 3 games, including his highest scoring game of 154. In Grand Final week, he takes on Geelong at the MCG, Cloke averages 99ppg at the MCG bar this week.

Rioli obviously a chance to be rested.

4. Tino

Tino Member

For me Pav might become Sylvia given that Melbourne have the Gold Coast and Port in their last 2 matches. Could be some easy pickings for him.

However this will be contingent on whether he gets rubbed out for that hit on Post...

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I didn't see the hit, was it bad?
    Just heard Steve saying he reckons he's gone for the season...?
    How was it?

6. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

who should i trade gibbs out to Bock, Enright, Birchall or bob murphy?

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

<blockquote>Quote from b_frazer5 on August 21, 2011, 20:27
    who should i trade gibbs out to Bock, Enright, Birchall or bob murphy?</blockquote>

Bock.

8. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Too early for me to be thinking yet, could be a bad week if pav and Sylvia are out on top of Gibbs and judd!

It'll end up being smith in the rucks, Petrie back up forward with both mzungu and I smith having to be fielded as well!

And a trade somewhere to avoid a possible donut!

9. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Knowing my luck, the week I finally put smith and mzungu on the field theyll go sub 50 after going 90+ the last few on the bench

10. melt

melt New Member

Anyone see the Sylvia incident. Really didn't need that. :-(

11. cjd7769

cjd7769 New Member

Need to win have 2 trades left 285,599 in bank i have, GIBBS,SCOTLAND,and WARNOCK,bloke im playing has cox,an sandi,so who the best bet warnock for goldstien or mummy,and the other gibbs or scotland 4 ablett or daisy he has ablett,pendles,mitchell,I Have DAL SANTO,Boyd,& Bartel,,,,or have a pick for me cheers and good luck to all.

12. ARC

ARC New Member

Pull through Pav, I need my 2 trades for Gibbs and Judd

13. cjd7769

cjd7769 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from cjd7769 on August 22, 2011, 07:32
    Need to win have 2 trades left 285,599 in bank i have, GIBBS,SCOTLAND,and WARNOCK,bloke im playing has cox,an sandi,so who the best bet warnock for goldstien or mummy,and the other gibbs or scotland 4 ablett or daisy he has ablett,pendles,mitchell,I Have DAL SANTO,Boyd,& Bartel,,,,or have a pick for me cheers and good luck to all.

</blockquote> :p :p :p :p :p :p

14. homerj

homerj Member

@cjd7769 - I'd go Mummy and Ablett.

@everyone else - Yep agree this week could be a debacle in the forward line if Pav and Sylvia out, is there a question mark over NRoo too?

I have I Smith and Didak I can play in forwards if needed but may use my last trade to get another forward. Hard to know who to pick though.

Would get Rioli but as someone said, reckon he will get rested. Don't trust Cloke against the Cats in GF (assuming I get there) plus he could easily be rested this week too. StevieJ could go big at Cattery but Swans a good shutdown team and then he has the Pies the next week.

Already have Goodes, Pav, Fyfe, JRoo, ROK, NRoo, Sylvia. Any other forwards want to stand up??!!!

15. dj62

dj62 New Member

Looking for some advice re last two trades. I was going to use them to replace Judd & Murphy for my next final, but Pav has put a spanner in the works. Was thinking Judd to DalSanto, bench Murphy & Pav to Fyfe or Rioli. Was leaning towards Rioli due to the Hawks last two easier games. If the talk is that Rioli may be rested might go with Fyfe. My current fwd line is Pav? Franklin Johnson Brennan Reiwoldtx2 Higgins (muzungu & 2 spuds) I did consider Josh Kennedy w/c, then Murphy to Dalsanto but a little bit of risk there.

16. DC

DC Member

Wow Sylvia and Pav look gone. May have to use my last trades to get Cloke and Fyfe

17. BenWyld

BenWyld New Member

My Pav options. Trade him as a Forward for Chappy
    or as a Mid for Thompson of the crows variety. What do the masses think?

18. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCM1RPxaC_0

@ sainter colin syliva hit above make of it what you will

19. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Pav and Broughton both out this week! PAV probably for season. Sylvia out for 2 ie gone. Carlton Bye.
    Cox and Nick R. under an injury cloud.
    The "General Rest" for icing on the cake !!!!!

20. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Well, that doesn't bode well for Sylvia. And Broughton too!!

Good lord.. one trade left, I have
    Gibbs, Murphy, Yarran bye
    Broughton, Pav, Sylvia out

Will be playing Puopolo, Otten, Smith, Mzungu, plus 1 trade to cover any one of the above. My earlier trade to bring in Bartel as a M7 is keeping my midfield full of premiums at least.

Carnage back and forward though.

Edit: Just saw in the carnage thread the names Suckling and Cox thrown in the mix. If they're out, I'm royally f...

Of all the names listed above, my opponent has Cox & Yarran. Bullet dodging bastard!