Carnage

Discussion in 'AFL' started by hawks2008, Aug 23, 2011.

1. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I hope your wrong Marky... Pendles will be needed with Murphy sitting on the pine.

2. marky53

marky53 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Golingo on August 23, 2011, 09:37
    <blockquote>Quote from marky53 on August 23, 2011, 08:34
    Pendles may be rested too in preparation for the match against geelong</blockquote>

Is that speculation, or from something you've read/heard?</blockquote>

No complete speculation. Considering he is yet to be rested, I would expect it to be either this week or next. Having said that, I doubt MM would want to rest him against the Cats, so that leaves this week. Personally I have been holding off bringing him in for this reason and my opponent this week has him...... Cant wait for Thursday night teams....

3. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

With the predicted carnage perfect storm and no trades left it looks like my whole team will be rested, injured, suspended or generaled. Oh well, it was a fun ride. Best of luck to all this week.

4. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

i kept my trades for a rainy day...and its starting to pour outside. even so if any of pendles swan or chapman are rested i'll be washed away

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

This weekend is reminiscent of the Saintsflu that swept through a few years back.

I'm not convinced my team will be even 20 strong, and I can't see close to a victory.

Really the wins will go to those who went players like Puopolo and Isaac Smith, rather than Bewick, Richardson, Lynch, Hibberd and Strauss

Two trades in the holster and I think I will use them this week rather than be left without a Granny to play. Even with these two, I'm thinking I will still be two short thanks to Colin's rush of blood to the head.

6. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Senator96 on August 23, 2011, 10:12
    i kept my trades for a rainy day...and its starting to pour outside. even so if any of pendles swan or chapman are rested i'll be washed away</blockquote>
    Yep not even 2 will save us this round.

7. kyuss

kyuss New Member

Can save my last 2 trades for r24 carnage if only Judd, Gibbs + Broughton missing but if speculation about Pendles, Cox, N Roo + Suckling come true that would force my hand.

No doubt there will be further big outs come Thurs/Fri. Would ideally want emergencies as there will likely be some late withdrawals.

8. The_General

The_General Member

Very interesting reading. I am missing Gibbs, Scotland, Judd, Sylvia and Pav and thought I was in real trouble. But should be able to cover them all with I. Smith, Mzungu, Puopolo and Jacobs (had Sylvia as an extra fwd).

I also have Bewick and Toy, so you guys must really be hit hard if two trades won't even stop you from copping a donut.

I was dreading having to potentially get rid of Scotland in an attempt to win my leagues, but will now probably be forced to get rid of Pav and or Sylvia.

9. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Surely next year Virtual Sports need to do the following to avoid the fiasco of resting players at this time of year which is causing havoc to our teams.

This will be made easier next year as there no byes.

Rounds 1-15 play all the minor rounds matches agaisnt opponents in your league

Rounds 16-19 - finals, GF in round 19

10. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

You're an ideas man, Steve! ;)

11. marky53

marky53 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from kyuss on August 23, 2011, 11:05
    Can save my last 2 trades for r24 carnage if only Judd, Gibbs + Broughton missing but if speculation about Pendles, Cox, N Roo + Suckling come true that would force my hand.

No doubt there will be further big outs come Thurs/Fri. Would ideally want emergencies as there will likely be some late withdrawals.</blockquote>

I heard about Pav's calf, N.Roo's knee but what happened to Suckling and Broughton?

12. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

@ the general i think its more the fear that two or three are already out and we havent even got to thursday night yet. I actually dont mind a little bit of kaos that helps the teams that have held onto a few trades and planned for this reason but not when it starts to get to saints flu proportions.

As it stands i can wear gibbs, pav, sylvia broughton and even cox. Heppell comes in for gibbs in a fwd/mid switch, enright for broughton (trade) mzungu for pavlich lobbe/petrie for cox and sylvia can move the mid bench but if anymore go out alarm bells will start ringing. and whats this about suckling? my oppenent has him so would be happy if he misses but havent heard anything apart from whats on here.

Lucas youre a pies man do think there is any danger of pendlebury or swan not playing this week or am i jumping at shadows?

13. kyuss

kyuss New Member

Broughton (ribs) 1 of 7 Dockers listed as out.

Nothing really on Suckling. I'm just concerned as I've seen his name bob up as a possible rest candidate on forums.

14. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

only problem with the round 19 GF is that if you're part of the 400,000 people that are actually out of the running for the overall, then that 400,000 people that won't be coming back for 3 whole weeks of the season.

No way will they be cutting their hitcount for the season by 13&#37; as a measure to solve that issue.

15. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

That's why they pay you the big bucks Walesy. Always taking it way too beyond seriously.

16. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I can see where you are coming from Walesy but I would be very disappointed if I was in contention for the overall honours and then to have my team decimated in rounds 23 and round 24 with the "general soreness" coming into play. You could really make a case then that the best team who deserves to win the whole thing by getting his/her team at the top may not necessarily win the competition as it is pot luck which players are ruled out the "general soreness". I know there is lot of luck during the year with injuries and "general soreness" as well but come rounds 23 and 24 people don’t have many trades left and even if you did have 2 trades for this week you still may not be able to cover all the suspected outs this week. I just feel it is not a very level playing field when we get to this stage of the year.

17. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Hey guys, it's just a game hehe. Don't get bitter about the final rounds.

And you guys keep saying how there's too many rule changes in the AFL and that they should just let it go and let the teams adjust. Well why not the same with Supercoach? Teams will adjust.

18. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Exactly Swert. Impro is up the top because of a shade of luck accompanying his good decision making. Them's the facts no doubt about it, he has got real lucky avoiding speed humps this year.

In the end you have to manage risk and reward.

TBH I can't see teams decimated with The General.

Carlton and Geelong need match fitness because of recent byes. Bombers have last round bye so most of us won't have loaded up on them.

Collingwood and Hawthorn are trying to get continuity into lists which haven't played much together due to injury. Maybe Pendlebury, maybe Mitchell, quite probably no one will be out.

Hence the side which hasn't really been mentioned but are the ideal candidate for The General are WCE.

Still, they do have Brisbane this week who I believe are a real smoky to win regardless, and Carlton is close enough to make flirting with a top 4 spot not smart this round. Maybe next week if it's all sewn up, then this can come into play - effectively rest the team throwing the reserves into the Crows game.

I can't think that players from Port would make up many teams, but they are the real team that could get benefit from losing more than others, outside of maybe GC who have rotated all year.

So yeah, The General won't have their way, but injuries, well they will, as they have all year. And you know who is to blame for that - the peanut Anderson and the sub rule.

19. Corks

Corks Member

Any truth to the word out of Glenferrie that Mitchell will be rested this week? Despite your encouraging assurances Lucas, I sht you not I may have 5 or 6 donuts in my 4 Prelim finals the way things are going :x

20. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Corks i wouldnt be surprised at all if mitchell doesnt play this week. He looked to cop nasty knock late in the first quarter friday night and as I have him in DT kept a close eye on him hoping he wouldnt get that dredded red vest. He didnt seem to be moving that freely tbh but played out the game, but I could definetly see him missing either this week or next