GENERAL nervousness

Discussion in 'AFL' started by homerj, Sep 2, 2011.

1. homerj

homerj Member

Well am getting heaps nervous now in the lead-up to the GF. Don't want a repeat of last year where I was hot favourite and then my team was decimated by the bl**dy GENERAL and with 8 short I lost!

Planned to save trades this year but that went out the window too (I personally blame Heath Shaw for this!!)

Been sitting here all week scouring internet websites for any news of an incoming GENERAL epidemic. Fyfe is already out (Boo!!) but can't find anything other news.

Please SC gods let Cox play or I am stuffed! Also please let Selwood, Pendlebury and A Swallow play or I have no PODS left. Cyril getting up would be good too, seeing I only traded him in last week and I am already thinking it was a waste of a trade!!

How's everyone else holding up!? I can only imagine how Shagga, Yamum and Imprompts are feeling right now!!

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Nervous as hell here. 2 League GFs at stake this weekend, this is not the time for General randomness to come to the fore.

3. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Good to see im not the only one! bring on the teams i cant wait much longer...the whole year goes on the line this weekend

I remember last year was an absolute bugger for big names not playing and then pulling out just before the game, joel selwood and corey enright spring to mind and even having kept 2 trades and having full benches for the prelims i ended up playing the granny two short. But luckily my oppenent was out of trades and was hit even harder

4. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I'm feeling nervous and I'm not even playing. Just trying to get highest possible score. Sitting around 2.5K position (my PB). Highest overall score in my league & got KO'd last week. In this game you can't take anything for granted and you need some good luck to go with good management.
    Hope you all have full teams for your GF's.

5. Madness

Madness New Member

Don't want to give anyone cold sweats for the next two hours, but there's strong word that Goldstein will be out.

6. Buttkicker

Buttkicker New Member

I just read that tweet that Hawthorn could be resting as many as 10 players........surely not!!

7. Corks

Corks Member

Mate of mine brought in Fyfe and Goldstein last week. As soon as I stop laughing I'll commiserate him :D

Anyone heard whether Cox will play?

8. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I hope your mate is a Collingwood supporter...Priceless...a true contender for worst trade double of the year.

9. Buttkicker

Buttkicker New Member

Cox is meant to be a certain starter.......apparently

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Pies fan like myself brought in Cloke last week.

Ripping and tearing last week, and hope for more of the same this week.

Would be lovely if Scarlett doesn't play and Lonergan goes easy on big Trav

11. homerj

homerj Member

Oh God! I sense the GENERAL is amassing his troops! Please please please please don't let me be decimated!

Only 1 hour til teams!! Fricken hurry up already, I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach already!

Hate this feeling that all your year's hard work, stress and toil can be undone by the stupid general.

Note to self - SAVE YOUR TRADES NEXT YEAR!!!

12. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I am really worried already lost fyfe :(

13. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Homerj, I have the same note. Tore it up in R19. Spray it in enamel onto your monitor. That's what I'm doing for 2012.

14. homerj

homerj Member

Haha Melbandy. Might have to confiscate my computer or lock myself in a room when I feel the need to unnecessarily trade next year. Hell, might even have to cut off that itchy trigger finger LOL!

If I lose this week my life will be miserable, it's for bragging rights in my household!!

15. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

try to look at the positives, it could be the oppenents team that is hit for 6

16. Tino

Tino Member

Fyfe, Pav, Lower, Buddy, Hodge, Rioli... FML.