Grand Final Captain

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, Aug 30, 2011.

1. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

For those considering Mumford, Sydney does have a cold ruck tick against Brisbane. Having said that they had a cold tick against the Cats last week and Mumford scored 170, so apparently no one told him, haha.

Thought about Goodes/ROK, but recently Brisbane have been putting up a fight (Collingwood(18points)/WC(8points), so it might not be the blow over one would expect.

So I'm going with Ablett and backing the rest of my team.

2. crew

crew New Member

So I guess I can scratch Fyfe as captain. Had a mate shipped him in with his last trade last week for the injured Pav. :((((

3. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Thanks to the outstanding help here at tS have managed to make it into my two league GF's.
    As it happens I am against the same opponent in both. Now with Fyfe going out, the sweats have already begun.
    Think my only hope will be a POD Capt who flukes a big one over my opponent's.
    Top 8 teams are fixed so I'm sure the guys will play well but are they going to go the extra mile and risk injury, suspensions, soreness, fatigue, etc.
    Thinking Boyd against Freo as Capt. If WBs win they can significantly improve their position (on paper anyway) and salvage some dignity...a bit of incentive maybe and against a sore Freo!!!!
    My opponent doesn't have Boyd but does have the usual suspects.
    Could Boyd be a good play ?????

4. crew

crew New Member

With Freo giving the green jacket to possible the cleaner this week I think Boyd could be a show.
    But I'm tipping the Swans will go all out to give McVeigh the best chance of a home final if the moons align.
    Goodsey or the big Mummy could be the ticket for a wounded team.

5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Mummy or Boyd.

Thoughts?

6. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Had C on Boyd when he went big on Freo last time. No one will be tagging him and he often goes big early. If the game is over at half time he will have been a significant reason for it. If it's close he will be the one who makes the difference. He would be my POD(C).

7. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Melbandy not concerned about the possibility of crowley getting a shutdown role on boyd?

any chance that mitchell might get nursed through the game this week maybe only playing half a game?

8. Buttkicker

Buttkicker New Member

I'm starting to lean towards Boyd as well, not concerned at all about Crowley tagging him, he's a spud. If Hawthorn rest a heap of their players the C will go next to GAJ

9. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Senator, I don't think he can hold Boyd based on Boyd's recent form. More likely to be a shoot out type of game seeing both teams are going out for a beer after the game.

10. homerj

homerj Member

Also thinking a POD captain for the GF (ie Boyd or Swallow) but dunno if I can bring myself to take the C off Gazza!

11. Quantum

Quantum New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tino on August 30, 2011, 00:59
    Buddy for me. Will kick minimum 5 against the GC and guaranteed to ton up.</blockquote>

If you're gonna have Buddy, make sure you have a decent VC this week :p