Worst Trade Of The Year Nominations

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Tino

Tino Member

JWW - a team in one of my cash leagues had a pearler.

Changed out Swan to Selwood because didn't want his cash wasted on the bench when news of Arizona hit. Selwood then gets suspended.

Then trades Selwood to Bartel (Cat for a Cat) thinking that he's output would go up. Bartel then concusses himself.

Looks like he will now go Bartel to Swan. 3 trades down the toilet.

2. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

In DT last week N.Riewoldt to Didak, Roo is back after the bye and Dids has 1-2 calf and a nice 26 last week. Dumass!

3. luko81

luko81 New Member

A mate of mine (who finished 119th last year) in our cash league ruined a promising season by round 4 by doing this..
    The Monday after round 2 he traded out Matthew Suckling for Cameron Pederson Pederson got dropped that round while Sucking scored 142 that weekend. Then in Round 4 traded out Cameron Pederson for Michael Coad after Pederson was named an emergency for 2 weeks and Coad who tore his hammy off the bone that round.
    2 trades from Suckling to a permanent 0 all season

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tino on June 20, 2011, 19:27
    JWW - a team in one of my cash leagues had a pearler.

Changed out Swan to Selwood because didn't want his cash wasted on the bench when news of Arizona hit. Selwood then gets suspended.

Then trades Selwood to Bartel (Cat for a Cat) thinking that he's output would go up. Bartel then concusses himself.

Looks like he will now go Bartel to Swan. 3 trades down the toilet.</blockquote>

It's a very tough competition at the moment but I think this is the clubhouse leader, because not only did they have average trades, but it would have affected the on-field scores. Swan-Selwood-Bartel-Swan. Love it.

Though the multi trades of Richardson was a ripper Big Lance.

And the Suckling to Coad via a third party in Pedersen who is also now smoking out 80s each week would sting.

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

At least the Desert Legion managed to avoid running into the Sandi-storm. Rushing to get him back in on return would have to rate as one of the worst this season.

6. BigLance

BigLance New Member

<blockquote>Quote from torcida on June 8, 2011, 11:28
    worse tradin a have seen thats for sure - big slide cmin up . let us know how u go later on in the yr</blockquote>
    763 overall been pretty steady, used my last trade about a month ago, hoping to stay top 1k. Dt is going the other way, from 250 out to 2500 :(

7. BigLance

BigLance New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BigLance on August 21, 2011, 22:14
    <blockquote>Quote from torcida on June 8, 2011, 11:28
    worse tradin a have seen thats for sure - big slide cmin up . let us know how u go later on in the yr</blockquote>
    763 overall been pretty steady, used my last trade about a month ago, hoping to stay top 1k. Dt is going the other way, from 250 out to 2500 :(</blockquote>

Overall Rank
    of 401,840

So much for your big slide theory ;) I'll take it this year, would love to be in Impromptus position next year. Just need to get of to a good start.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Rioli to Milne :p :p :p Only did it for sh1ts and giggles though

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

wasting all my trades at round 18/19, then disaster strikes, from there to the rest of the season Pavlich got injured, Sylvia and Lower suspended, Gibbs, Judd, Stevie J and Chapman all had byes. Callinan doesn't get selected in the final round (I thought he'd get selected in the week i used all my trades) Winmar doesn't get a game
    keeps dudding it up in the ressies, Ben Jackbs misses the final round, Birchall gets suspeded, forced to play GOLBY from D10, whole backlime spuds it up, (final 3 rounds) have him bench field bench ofcourse when I bench him he gets 100 both times and 50 when I play him, I get forced to play Mzungu and Lobbe in the forwards, McEvoy and Cox spud it up towards the end of the year, injuries/crapness and have stinking captain choices other then the last round of Boyd, had a high of 11-12k ranking and dropped 16,800k from the finals.

And to add to that, my fingers now hurt and that voice in my head telling
    me what to do has gone quite.
    Thank you.

10. clackerz

clackerz Member

For me it was Jobe in against Lions and put the big C on him. Then brought in Mundy for him only to loose Mundy not long after

11. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

My other half's final trade in R23 was Pavlich -> Mitchell, only for Mitchell to become a late withdrawal and cost her 4x preliminary league finals.

12. shanaz

shanaz New Member

lesson to be learnt for all here- (including myself)
    DONT trade until the friday teams have been announced. no matter how safe you think the trade might be.

13. dontpanic

dontpanic New Member

Had meetings all arvo so traded Friday morning. Stevie J out Leon Davis in to avoid star on bench in round 22. 2 hours later late withdrawl....then get the sub vest round 23....then no show round 24.

I hate work!!!!

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Lots of funny ones here.

I am still getting over hating Lower though.

Stuff all in the qualifying - lost all bar one
    Dropped the next week - I therefore have to trade him to avoid a donut
    Tons up in the Prelim - losing me two more finals

15. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Cornes bros to GWS?

16. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Sorry, that was a cheap shot.