2012 SuperCoach Preseason

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Sep 27, 2011.

1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I reckon anyone who is reading this question is a good chance to win it. :D

In terms of hours, I read a lot of footy news, so- lots. :D

But yeah, I reckon *anyone* in these parts, if you're smart with your initial selections and don't try to get too clever, you'll be rocking it.

2. muzza3465

muzza3465 New Member

I think you should have a plan and stick to it,and the mistakes made in previous years,should be remembered and not repeated. The teame you pick for 2012 should be getting serious thought now, this is were the leaders all get there information so good luck and studdy hard if you wont to be a chance

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

The most important thing is to pick a team that will score the most points.

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from SuperCoachSuperStar on October 11, 2011, 15:06
    The most important thing is to pick a team that will score the most points. </blockquote>

Its gems like that one that make him a superstar!!!!

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

Jaeger O'Meara is almost certain to be going to Gold Coast.

In terms of SuperCoach what will he be priced in 2013 because he will be taken in a different sort of draft to what has previously existed.

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

normal rookie price, not over 180 i wouldn't think

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Ottens retires and Blake axed, Hawkins could spend a little more ruck time, and with mooney gone he's guaranteed a spot...

8. shanaz

shanaz New Member

if you're suggesting hawkins as a potential pick in supercoach, i dont think he makes the cut. Whilst i love his footy when he's firing, he doesnt do it anywhere near often enough.

Also i just havent seen enough to suggest he'll be more consistent in the future. I stand to be proven wrong, but thats the way i see it to be honest.

9. SuperCoachSuperStar

Nic Natanui would be an interesting one next season

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Been thinking Jared Petrenko could be worth a serious look at next year. Put up a pretty decent 2nd half of year.

Season Ave: 62.1
    Last 9 Games: 86.7 (which included a 39, which u take out and averaged 93)

11. Hey Walesy, are the salary predictions for next year based on this years magic number? I'm thinking with the multibyes it will be same trades and positions and probably magic number

12. SuperCoachSuperStar

I'm pretty sure that the salary predictions are based on 2010 magic number (~5311) because that is what you get because when you divide salary by average. This year's magic number for original prices was 4863 and the magic number during the season was 4444.

13. SuperCoachSuperStar

It is highly unlikely that the multibyes will have any affect on the magic number, bench numbers and trades.

However it is possible that they will stay the same because the easier it is the more people will play and the more money they will make.

The harder SuperCoach is the better!

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Well it's interesting in terms of "the easier it is" because by giving people so many trades and options, it's actually quite a bit harder to create points of difference by which you win the game.

Good rookie selection is one, good player selection (given teams they are playing upcoming) is another.

But if you give people unlimited trades and money, it comes down mainly to luck - and that's where the game seems to be more headed as a general rule.

But SCSS I totally agree that HS will prefer more playing the better. What they need to do is create a separate playing field for going for individual week glory because the "one team per person" rule is dodged by every man and his dog.

Except me of course.

15. whips

whips New Member

Just doing some catch up reading and saw STKThunda's comment re Petrenko.
    I reckon he shows some class/X-factor/something that had him penciled into my initial 2011 team but he didn't come up for the start of the year.
    Second half 2011 I reckon he showed the same but needs to turn it into higher and more consistent SC scoring.

Hero selection or another mid-price flop - that's the dilemma. Well worth a watch pre-season.

16. SuperCoachSuperStar

If it does stay the way it was this season it will be harder to win because of lack of differences between teams. If it reverts back to the old ways it will be harder to create a good team in a way making easier for the serious SuperCoaches.

17. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Whips, I just can't bring myself to putting spudrenko in my team.

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Im a sucker for punishment Lucas so i will probably end up with him. Might even go Boak & Gray again, just for the hell of it :p

Although Gray did have a awesome 2nd half of year, so kinda repaid the faith.

Could be few bargain backs next year. Duffield & Malceski come to mind who have been premiums but had bad year.

19. SuperCoachSuperStar

Why is there all this hype about Petrenko he doesn't seem to have done anything or is there something I don't know.

20. whips

whips New Member

@SCSS
    I don't think two people's comments equates to hype.
    But Thunda's post about his improved 2nd half scoring struck a chord with me - there's something about the way he plays that I like.

So I think it's gut-feeling rather than hype which is why people like Lucas are here to slap some sense into us.

@thunda
    I've had Boak and Gray over the last 2 years. Even better, I fell into Higgins TWICE. :)